• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does anyone really think the Lions can win in the playoffs with their offense?

TheConfidante

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't. Don't get me wrong. I am very happy that they have a 11 wins and are in the postseason with a chance to win the division and a first round bye.

But whatever the struggles have been with the offense, they won't be fixed in 2 or 3 weeks.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes. many teams have won with solid defense and low-mistake offenses.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a 50/50 split here.

Their defense can help them win. The mistakes on offense special teams will make it harder. Especially when leaving points off the board and giving up points on turnovers like yesterday.

TheConfidante

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope so. The lack of production though really worries me.

TheConfidante

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a 50/50 split here.

Their defense can help them win. The mistakes on offense special teams will make it harder. Especially when leaving points off the board and giving up points on turnovers like yesterday.

Yeah true. They were lucky it was the Bears. Against a better team, 3 turnovers would have been game over.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what you mean. Will we win with the offense playing like it did yesterday? No. Can we win with our offense? Fuck yes.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the opponent we play will have a lot to do with our success or failure in the postseason. I'm not sure how the playoff matchups work -- but if we have to go on the road to Dallas to play, if we lose to GB, I think Detroit matches up great with them.

If we pull off the upset and win at Lambeau -- I think Detroit could beat anyone playing at Ford Field with the crowd behind them.

The matchups I definitely don't want to see -- on the road at Seattle or on the road at Green Bay. The other teams in the NFC have issues they are dealing with. Arizona is on their 4th QB. The NFC South is a disaster and no matter which team it is they play -- Carolina or Atlanta -- I think Detroit could easily beat them on the road, even though they struggled at Carolina earlier this year. Dallas loves running the ball and no one has run the ball on Detroit this year -- And Dallas defense has been hit with injuries, so the Lions should move the ball well against them.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. But then, I'm still trying to figure out how they've scratched out 11 wins.

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quarterback has immense talent. Will be very inconsistent. Will miss easy throws, and give the defense plenty of opportunities for interceptions. But with the game on the line, he will come through. Has a ball control RB, and game breaker RB. Dominant D-line can control a game. Has potential to be best ever.

No, I'm not talking about this years Lions. I'm talking about the 2-time Superbowl champ Giants teams.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping they finally figured out that they actually can run the ball with a fullback and traps. We ran all the way down the field on the Bears and won the game with it. I have been screaming all year that was what they should at least try and see if it would work.

With that I think we can as long as we do not turn the ball over more than once. The special teams worry me more. They are getting worse every game.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't. Don't get me wrong. I am very happy that they have a 11 wins and are in the postseason with a chance to win the division and a first round bye.

But whatever the struggles have been with the offense, they won't be fixed in 2 or 3 weeks.

I think we definitely can win, we have the talent. However, our week-to-week inconsistencies suggest we're not likely to go far.

If we can go up to GB and win this weekend, though, then we're at home and all bets are off. We'd have a week off, then a home game standing between us and the NFC championship. If we win and Seattle and Arizona lose that NFC championship woukd be at Ford Field. But that's best-case scenario.

On the whole I agree that our offense is not looking like a playoff winning unit right now...

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they win the division, sure. I think they'll probably be traveling to Dallas if they lose to the Pack, though. They've won in Dallas when they weren't supposed to before but I wouldn't like their chances there. Dallas has been playing really well lately. Everyone has been talking about Seattle & Green bay as the favorites out of the NFC. The Boys have been flying under the radar a bit... probably because of Romo's and Garrett's past tendency to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory at the worst possible times.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, my boy, Stafford will get it done.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Win next week and it's smooth sailing. Lose and I will still take my chances against the cowgirls and their gingerbread head coach.

Sgthall999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions are not being taken seriously because of these close games. I'm sure haters are saying the same thing about the Pats after squeeking by the Jets. But people need to realize that anything can happen against a divisional opponent. For the sake of my wife and her family's happiness. I hope these Lions can make a run and shut all these "experts" up. What got your team to the dance is a great head coach, killer defense, and to finally win the games they were supposed to win. Unlike other teams like the Bills and Chief who got beat by the Raiders. Good luck Lions fan.
The Hall Family
Springfield, MI

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions have to win next week in order to have a shot in the offs, they wont be winning next week and will not be winning on the road in the playoffs this year. They have made huge strides in the right direction and its good to see them playoff bound. The addition of a healthy bush is huge though, so maybe he will create enough problems for other teams defenses. The fact the lions offensive line is just awful will do them in. They had the chance to bolster it in the first round and they chose to waste a pick on a tight end. Defense is dominating thanks to an incredible d line. Build the oline like the dline and it will allow their playmakers time to make plays.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions have to win next week in order to have a shot in the offs, they wont be winning next week and will not be winning on the road in the playoffs this year. They have made huge strides in the right direction and its good to see them playoff bound. The addition of a healthy bush is huge though, so maybe he will create enough problems for other teams defenses. The fact the lions offensive line is just awful will do them in. They had the chance to bolster it in the first round and they chose to waste a pick on a tight end. Defense is dominating thanks to an incredible d line. Build the oline like the dline and it will allow their playmakers time to make plays.

That's too bad you're so pessimistic n our chances to win any more games this year. It must suck to have your personal Lions season be over with at least two more games left to play...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gvsulaker said:
Lions have to win next week in order to have a shot in the offs, they wont be winning next week and will not be winning on the road in the playoffs this year. QUOTE]

Posts like this usually don't go over well on Sundays.

I wish you luck in your quest to post honest opinions. http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/5813295-post42.html

Honesty is frowned upon in this establishment. http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/5813896-post44.html

Ohhhhhh....... It Sure is.

He already got negged. http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/5813978-post45.html

huh ! :clap: :noidea:

Last edited by a moderator:

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our offense doesn't turn the ball over and our defense continues to play well, anything can happen.