• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does anyone really think the Lions can win in the playoffs with their offense?

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens won with Trent Dilfer. We can win with this offense. 2 things stood out to me yesterday.
1) At one time we had 3 rushes to 17 passes. That can't happen. Weve got to be more balanced. Thats not putting Stafford in a position to succeed.
2) The 2 INT's, yes one was a terrible decision, the 2nd one was a bad throw(if he hits Tate in the gut its a catch). But here is what dawned on me. Why did we make 2 red zone trips and throw ZERO fades to Calvin? We havent thrown those too much this year. That should be the go to play. High and hard where only Megatron can catch it or noone. Instead we throw to the middle of the field. Lombardi needs to get it together. Tony Romo chucked 3 nice jump ball TD's to Dez yesterday. We need to get back to that.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do know they have a better chance than the Saints and Eagles.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ravens won with Trent Dilfer. We can win with this offense.

The Ravens won with one of the all-time best defenses in NFL history. Dilfer just so happened to be the QB. Last time they ranked the top 10 defenses of all-time -- that Ravens D in 2000-2001 was ranked #3 all-time.

Personally -- I think Detroit's offense can hang with anyone. I say screw throwing the ball to Ross or any TE and have every pattern run to Tate and Calvin. If they are covered -- dump it off to one of the RB's. If they put the safeties back 20+ yards -- run it up the middle for a couple yards and make it easier to get a 1st down on the next play.

Detroit's defense has shown they will give the offense every chance possible, with the exception of the Patriots game. If the offense starts to click it all -- Detroit can score with anyone, IMO.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats why I like having the FB in there. If the safeties are 20 yards back then the middle can be exploited.

The defense played passive against the Bears I believe because they probably thought the Bears really could not hurt us. We let them dink and dunk and shoot themselves in the foot like they have done all year. I thought Clausen did way better than they expected. luckily the WRs blew. I don't think we will be as passive going forward.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally -- I think Detroit's offense can hang with anyone. I say screw throwing the ball to Ross or any TE and have every pattern run to Tate and Calvin. If they are covered -- dump it off to one of the RB's. If they put the safeties back 20+ yards -- run it up the middle for a couple yards and make it easier to get a 1st down on the next play.

Detroit's defense has shown they will give the offense every chance possible, with the exception of the Patriots game. If the offense starts to click it all -- Detroit can score with anyone, IMO
I agree 100%.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which offense? Changes from week to week.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which offense? Changes from week to week.
I just want the one that scores more than the other team.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want the one that scores more than the other team.

Yeah, that on is my favorite, too. I don't give a fuck if they only put up 3 points as long as they meet satisfy the parameters you laid out above...

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't. Don't get me wrong. I am very happy that they have a 11 wins and are in the postseason with a chance to win the division and a first round bye.

But whatever the struggles have been with the offense, they won't be fixed in 2 or 3 weeks.

A chance to win the division? Are you backing down now? You guaranteed it on the general board

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats why I like having the FB in there. If the safeties are 20 yards back then the middle can be exploited.

The defense played passive against the Bears I believe because they probably thought the Bears really could not hurt us. We let them dink and dunk and shoot themselves in the foot like they have done all year. I thought Clausen did way better than they expected. luckily the WRs blew. I don't think we will be as passive going forward.
The Safeties are 20 yards off the line because the Lions don't have Collins in the game, The Second they put a Fullback in the game those safeties all the sudden are within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage.....Funny how that works.

TheConfidante

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A chance to win the division? Are you backing down now? You guaranteed it on the general board

A Packers fan snooping and trolling around the Lions' board. Someone is worried LOL.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Safeties are 20 yards off the line because the Lions don't have Collins in the game, The Second they put a Fullback in the game those safeties all the sudden are within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage.....Funny how that works.

Awesome! Then there will be a WR open deep to throw to. Funny how that works too.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defenses always wins the BIG GAMES, the offense just has to manage the game...score when they can and NOT turn the ball over.

YES the Lions have a legit chance...especially IF they start their run this year with a win @ Lambeau this coming weekend.

It can be done.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is with Raiola???

Can't understand the antics of some players.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Packers fan snooping and trolling around the Lions' board. Someone is worried LOL.

Legs and Rulz are not trolls. Not sure why anytime a different fan comes to a board suddenly he is a troll? Hell MrWallace has been coming to our board all year.

Some people do not venture around the site. Do that for awhile and you will learn who trolls and who does not.

I went to the Bears board last week and asked a question of the present debacle they have. Just got answers no accusations.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell is with Raiola???

Can't understand the antics of some players.

Just glad this is the last we see of him. Well after the playoffs. Not saying he would of done better than Swanson this week. Maybe a blessing in disguise:hope:. Just really shows the character of a guy when he pulls this shit before he biggest game of his career.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plain and simple, this defense can play with anyone. If they keep games close, the O has been clutch all season. No reason to think that they can't get it done even from a wildcard spot.