• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Does anyone listens to KNBR?

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Have any notice how they were strictly a Niner station and now since the Raiders have pulled off a big win against the Jets they are starting to hype the Raiders up alot. Dont the Raiders have their own radio station?

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've thankfully reduced my KNBR listening by about 90%.....especially since they changed up the whole Radnich show, which was my favorite thing going for a while when it had Dan Dibley and all those guys.....anyway.

With the Giants KNBR has a very extensive deal, so they generally shut out all A's talk and pretty much hope the A's will die or move or something. But the Niners isn't nearly as extensive, they broadcast the games but there's no part-ownership, no midnight replays, no hours of advertising every single day.....they just play the games. So the hosts are free to criticize the Niners a bit more, and can even praise the Raiders if they feel like it.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've thankfully reduced my KNBR listening by about 90%.....especially since they changed up the whole Radnich show, which was my favorite thing going for a while when it had Dan Dibley and all those guys.....anyway.

With the Giants KNBR has a very extensive deal, so they generally shut out all A's talk and pretty much hope the A's will die or move or something. But the Niners isn't nearly as extensive, they broadcast the games but there's no part-ownership, no midnight replays, no hours of advertising every single day.....they just play the games. So the hosts are free to criticize the Niners a bit more, and can even praise the Raiders if they feel like it.

I never knew that..........................I wondered what happend to Dibley was he fired or something?

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dibley is on 95.7 now, which if you haven't heard turned into a sports station and is trying to compete with KNBR. And I think Dibley was a great hire, he's really smart and funny, works well on the radio.....but they don't have him doing much more than he was on KNBR, like a 3rd wheel that does sports updates. He's better than everyone they have and should have his own show, I don't get it.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah it's too bad Dibley moved to a different station.

KNBR was fun listening to during the Giants postseason run last year, but other than that, I too have reduced my hours listening to the station even when driving home.

I actually enjoy watching CSN Bay Area as an alternative. They are not as biased as KNBR is, and the roundtable of personalities they have on that show led by either Greg Papa, Barry Tompkins, or even Mindi Bach is pretty cool. Also, instead of listening to fans who half the time don't talk about anything really that interesting, CSN BA has experts from bay area newspapers and people who actually travel with the teams. There is never really a dull moment.

jordan20_3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All man, I like Dibbs, I will have to listen to that station he was funny