• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doc Rivers Sounds Confused(And Bitter) - LOL

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a recent statement, Doc indicated or insinuated that he would not be sappy about playing Kobe for the last time and would not be offering any presents, congrats or whatever - I am am fine with this - I expect this type of behavior from a former Celtics employee, but...

What threw me was his statement is that if anything he there was something he would "Like to take back" as in the 2010 championship title that Kobe and the Lakers went home with.

Now my understanding of the English language is this: If you say I want something back; then that means at one point that item was once yours. If @trojanfan12 were to give me $1000 and said, I want my money back next month - that is how I understand the use I want to take that title back.

My question is when did this title ever belong to Doc Rivers to begin with? How is he asking for something back that was never his? I think I am missing something here:noidea:

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to be a big fan of Doc Rivers in 2008. Loved him as a coach. Now...he's just a dick.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to be a big fan of Doc Rivers in 2008. Loved him as a coach. Now...he's just a dick.
I expect he has always been a dick which was masked by coaching a great team. I get it that most Celtics fans considered that their championship and lost because Perkins went down, but the Lakers had problems with Bynum and they didn't get blown out in that one game until Bynum left the game at half time for good. Had Bynum played that game, the Lakers already had that game under control and would have won it and went on to win in 5 or six games. Injuries part of the game though - the Lakers had to win one year without Kareem and they won it with the rookie by the name of Magic Johnson:D

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how he plays his shitty son so much who should be in the d league lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a recent statement, Doc indicated or insinuated that he would not be sappy about playing Kobe for the last time and would not be offering any presents, congrats or whatever - I am am fine with this - I expect this type of behavior from a former Celtics employee, but...

What threw me was his statement is that if anything he there was something he would "Like to take back" as in the 2010 championship title that Kobe and the Lakers went home with.

Now my understanding of the English language is this: If you say I want something back; then that means at one point that item was once yours. If @trojanfan12 were to give me $1000 and said, I want my money back next month - that is how I understand the use I want to take that title back.

My question is when did this title ever belong to Doc Rivers to begin with? How is he asking for something back that was never his? I think I am missing something here:noidea:

Honestly, I have no problem with anything Doc said, including that he'd like to take the 2010 title back. As for not being sappy. That's actually what Kobe has said he'd prefer.

On the 2010 title: If memory serves, the Lakers had to overcome a 15 point (?) 4th quarter deficit in game 7 to win that title. So, on some level, I'm sure he feels like that was one that got away from him.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last 20 years:

Kobe: 5 Championships
Celtics: 1 Championship

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I have no problem with anything Doc said, including that he'd like to take the 2010 title back. As for not being sappy. That's actually what Kobe has said he'd prefer.

On the 2010 title: If memory serves, the Lakers had to overcome a 15 point (?) 4th quarter deficit in game 7 to win that title. So, on some level, I'm sure he feels like that was one that got away from him.

I have no problem with what he said, but it does demonstrate his lack of education because when he says He would like something that he never had to begin with back, well that sounds stupid. Granted he would like to have that title, but he never had it to take back. Yes I am being technical, but it is a technicality.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that this is his fifth season in the NBA don't you? He is averaging 8 ppg, 1.7 rpg and 1.1 apg coming off the bench. If everyone on the Lakers bench did that - they would be winning games.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with what he said, but it does demonstrate his lack of education because when he says He would like something that he never had to begin with back, well that sounds stupid. Granted he would like to have that title, but he never had it to take back. Yes I am being technical, but it is a technicality.

Meh, doesn't bother me. That trophy is sitting right where it belongs. Besides, I love the fact that it still hurts him.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, doesn't bother me. That trophy is sitting right where it belongs. Besides, I love the fact that it still hurts him.
LOL - That's the sweetest part of this story man - He is still crying and we are still laughing and Kobe has already banked it. I just simply enjoy making a former Celtic look small.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - That's the sweetest part of this story man - He is still crying and we are still laughing and Kobe has already banked it. I just simply enjoy making a former Celtic look small.

While your efforts are appreciated, Doc Rivers doesn't need anyone's help to make him look small. He does a fine job all by himself. :lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While your efforts are appreciated, Doc Rivers doesn't need anyone's help to make him look small. He does a fine job all by himself. :lol:
This is true, but then again have you ever seen any Celtics or fan need help with looking small?:lol:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't read the statement, but im pretty sure that doc is not serious about not congratulating Kobe and showing his respects.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect he has always been a dick which was masked by coaching a great team. I get it that most Celtics fans considered that their championship and lost because Perkins went down, but the Lakers had problems with Bynum and they didn't get blown out in that one game until Bynum left the game at half time for good. Had Bynum played that game, the Lakers already had that game under control and would have won it and went on to win in 5 or six games. Injuries part of the game though - the Lakers had to win one year without Kareem and they won it with the rookie by the name of Magic Johnson:D

Wasn't Bynum injured during the Celtics '08 title. It's nice that Doc Rivers loves to play the "what ifs". Loser mentality as a coach.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Bynum injured during the Celtics '08 title. It's nice that Doc Rivers loves to play the "what ifs". Loser mentality as a coach.
Bynum was injured in 2008, then played in the 2009 title run and played most of the time, then in that one game where Big Baby blew the Lakers out of the building, Bynum didn't play the second half - the Lakers were ahead of the Celtics in that game, but could not sustain the lead without Bynum. Fortunately Bynum played the rest of the series and Perkins went down. Naturally Rivers is still crying a river of tears about it.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read the statement, but im pretty sure that doc is not serious about not congratulating Kobe and showing his respects.
The Los Angeles Times indicated he was quite serious. Just ask yourself this question and you will have the answer. Name the times a Celtics player, coach or fan did the classy thing after the fact. How often has that happened?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc is a dickhead. According to him his team plays 48 minutes every game without fouling. I've never seen him NOT argue a call. Same with CP3. Biggest whiner in sports.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doc is a dickhead. According to him his team plays 48 minutes every game without fouling. I've never seen him NOT argue a call. Same with CP3. Biggest whiner in sports.
Remember when Pierce flashed gang signs in the finals and then denied it?:lol:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Rivers is not even d-league material. How he was a one and done out of college is beyond me. It's probably because everyone drooled over his HS highlights and his buzzer beater against UNC. Oh and his last name is Rivers.