• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

do you or dont you

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6'5" is elite size for a WR. 2 inches is close to that, especially when Fitz has more range than the majority of 6'5" guys.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then I'll disagree with you a bit here. Garcon is better than Jackson IMO but I can see either side...just depends on what you like.

One thing we can both agree on, it's a very nice combo that defenses are not going to like...at all. We now have two guys with run after the catch ability and speed at QB, WR, and TE. Have fun defenses...as long as RG3 delivers the ball.

Agreed!!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know my line of thinking is not in line with most. But I would rather have 3-4 WRs that scare no one, but all have to be covered or they will hurt you. Over one mega stud that if you take him out of the game, or he ends up hurt your offense becomes anemic. We brought in Roberts who is a very good WR in his own right. We still have Garcon. Sure a super stud would be nice, but another solid threat would be better in my opinion. Because what happens to the Lions offense if Johnson is out of the game.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need a stud, then 3-4 reliable guys to legitimately be a great passing offense.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't need a stud...you need guys that take coverage away from other players. Jackson would provide a great dynamic for us because teams will have to mix up coverages. If you leave Jackson one one one and he gets even with the defender, he's gone. So you have to shade safeties over there. If you leave Garcon one on one, he's going to win the match up and he's hard to bring down. This opens up the running game and God forbid they lose containment on a healthy RG3.

Speed kills in the NFL.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know my line of thinking is not in line with most. But I would rather have 3-4 WRs that scare no one, but all have to be covered or they will hurt you. Over one mega stud that if you take him out of the game, or he ends up hurt your offense becomes anemic. We brought in Roberts who is a very good WR in his own right. We still have Garcon. Sure a super stud would be nice, but another solid threat would be better in my opinion. Because what happens to the Lions offense if Johnson is out of the game.

I totally get that, but give me three guys that can burn a defense each in their own right. If one is taken out you're down to two and a backup. Your way or my way, it's just a matter of the opposition crying before the game or after it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally get that, but give me three guys that can burn a defense each in their own right. If one is taken out you're down to two and a backup. Your way or my way, it's just a matter of the opposition crying before the game or after it.

If you have a stud that the offense feeds off of and he gets hurt, the entire offense suffers as a result. If you got three very good (though not stud) WR's and one goes down, you SHOULD still have two good Wrs on the field thus the offense is not crippled. I always consider an offense built around one player to be one injury away from pathetic.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My nickel is he signs with the Raiders.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dime says that the two teams secretly involved in heavy deal talks dont exist. Its a strategic leak by his agent to boost his marketability before he starts visiting teams. The longer he is without a deal, the less that deal is going to be worth in all likelyhood.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitz is the best receiver in the game.

He was several years ago, in fact he was just as dominant as a rookie as Megatron was. He clearly no longer has that title. You could make the same argument for Steve Smith several years ago. These guys were in that #1WR group...a handful of receivers that will have one or two "ghost" games. Other than that, they can't be stopped

You need a stud, then 3-4 reliable guys to legitimately be a great passing offense.

I could be off here, but green bay has been successful with no stud WR, just 3-4 reliable guys.

My dime says that the two teams secretly involved in heavy deal talks dont exist.

I HOPE you're right. I feel like D-Hall, Landing Jackson would make my year! lol

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was several years ago, in fact he was just as dominant as a rookie as Megatron was. He clearly no longer has that title. You could make the same argument for Steve Smith several years ago. These guys were in that #1WR group...a handful of receivers that will have one or two "ghost" games. Other than that, they can't be stopped

I could be off here, but green bay has been successful with no stud WR, just 3-4 reliable guys.

I HOPE you're right. I feel like D-Hall, Landing Jackson would make my year! lol

I agree FITZ was dominant. I think he has lost a couple of steps.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree FITZ was dominant. I think he has lost a couple of steps.

I've always appreciated JDM's contributions but if he doesn't think FITZ has lost several steps AND he thinks FITZ is in the same tier as Megatron....then he's gone temporarily insane:laugh3:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always appreciated JDM's contributions but if he doesn't think FITZ has lost several steps AND he thinks FITZ is in the same tier as Megatron....then he's gone temporarily insane:laugh3:

He thinks FITZ is better than Megatron and he doesn't think it's close.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He thinks FITZ is better than Megatron and he doesn't think it's close.

I THINK he's being facetious :scratch:. At this point I believe Atonio Brown is on the same level as FITZ

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. Fitz is better at literally everything but jumping straight up than megatron.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See what I mean.

He thinks FITZ has a larger catch radius everywhere except up, he thinks he is better after the catch, he thinks he gets open better...he's insane.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does. He not only extends better, but is better catching the ball with one hand than Calvin is with two, giving him even more reliability at that extension.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images
images

images
images

Extensions and catch radius? That clearly goes to Calvin jr. simply because of his physical attributes. He's taller and heavier, yet quicker and faster. Calvin is a younger faster more athletic, jump ball FITZ. Whats amazing is Larry couldn't be as dominant once(stats wise only) once Boldin left. Calvin hasn't had any help on the other side, and clearly after all these seasons STILL can't be stopped. 2nd coming of Randy Moss with a better attitude