• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do we need more officials?

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a thought. Like everyone here I watch a lot of football and every game there are bogus calls, bad calls, and missed calls that should have been made. And that goes for every team. Would more officials on the field make a difference?
I also have noticed that the available camera angles varies from game to game. Or it appears that way sometimes. Doesn't every game have the same number of camera's?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't want more officials. There is a ton of them now. What I'd like to see is a system where a challenge flag could be thrown on ANY play instead of just the plays the NFL deems "challengeable". For example: did you know that if a FG kick is made and you think it didn't go between the uprights you can't even challenge that? WTF? Why not?

I say let the coach challenge anything including penalties. You still only get two challenges so you better be right. I'm sure some penalties would get reversed this way and the right call would be made more often. Ref's would hate it because then you are putting them under the microscope and scrutinizing them and they don't like that.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see a rule change so when a goal line play or potential scoring play is not called a TD, it is automatically reviewed like a scoring play. That wouldn't take much time. And it would save a team from wasting a challenge.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. More officials means more officials to screw up. It's bad enough now when you have a deep throw, the linesman 3 yards from the play does nothing and you see a flag come flying in from 25 yards away. What is needed are better officials.

UgOtBuCkEd21GoRe

49ersMichiganDubsA's
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They limit challenges because if they allowed an un-limited amount of challenges, coaches would challenge everything and games would take waaaay to long to finish, not to mention IMO slows down the flow of the game. Better technology maybe? More reviews from the booth? I understand in a perfect world every call made, should be the correct call. We don't live in a perfect world. It sucks and not fair that officials are determining outcome of very important games. Officials are human and make mistakes. I just don't see a viable solution that will make everyone happy.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that since camera and tvs have evolved, we can now just see more bad calls because we can slow down the replay so much with such good definition, it makes it appear like their are more bad calls than the past. We just didn't have the tech to see it on replays like we do now. I am not sure its any worse than it always has been but it seems that way and I really think technology is the reason.

Now, how will the NFL decide to "catch up" on the issue? Who knows but something needs to change. I agree coaches should be able to challenge any play for any reason. Penalties like PI included. Football is now becoming a game of millimeters.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, just make it so teams can challenge penalties. You can still challenge when out of timeouts but if you get it wrong, you get a 10 yard delay of game penalty.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's more flags because every time a QB or WR get touched its a 15 yard or spot foul. The NFL is making it impossible to actually play D fence.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Should make it so EVERYTHING can be challenged. How can something be non-reviewable? It just makes no sense. And we need more camera angels. I hear so many times,"There is not enough evidence to overturn the call." And its because there aren't enough angels to see it. Which is BS.