• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do we have the dumbest players in the league?

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I'm happy we won and we should have won, but why do our players do the dumbest things? Last week against Indy, we block a punt and the all the player had to do was stop and pick the ball up for a TD, but he dives on the ball (although it was right on the line) and we get a safety. Stupid. The Titans game was unreal. Can anybody answer why the holder tried to pass the ball? What was he trying to accomplish? Was there a part of his brain that thought he was going to complete a successful pass from that position? Then there's just all the other little things like penalties and fumbles and so forth. I know instincts take over when your actually playing the game, but for those of us on the couch watching the games, some of those plays are real head scratchers.

Oh well, we won and thats all that matters.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL those are the two plays you decide to pick on.

First of all the punt block. Johnson was running at full speed. He didn't have the luxory of rewinding his dvr to find out there wasn't anyone behind him.....

Second, the maragos play, yes dumb, but its a guy who never does that, totally out of his element.

Those are not the two plays to pick.

Sidney Rice extending the ball when on the 40 yard line after already getting a first down...that was dumb.

Come on man, your team is 5-1, quit b#@$ing and just enjoy it.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you the Maragos thing. But the Johnson safety? I think all you're proving with that one is that we may very well have the dumbest fan in the league, tzorn.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Maragos was dumb for not just tucking the ball away but the guy hasn't held since high school and he suddenly gets thrown into that situation. Cut him some slack. I would put most of the blame on the coaches for that play.

As for the safety. It was close, real close. Regardless I'm not gonna get down on our guys for forcing a safety. I would have preferred a TD but a blocked punt that results in a safety isn't really a bad thing.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it but if I was Maragos my first response would be to try to throw that ball away.

It is easy to say in retrospect how risky/stupid it is but I feel like in that situation I would try to get rid of the ball.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you the Maragos thing. But the Johnson safety? I think all you're proving with that one is that we may very well have the dumbest fan in the league, tzorn.

:lol: I was thinking of posting the same thoughts, then I thought , why bother.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Ahem!

gzdh.png

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: I was thinking of posting the same thoughts, then I thought , why bother.

Lol. Why the hatred Harold? Have I not been on my best behavior so far? Its even been a week or so since i've reminded everybody how horrible Irvin is. Cut me some slack man.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Why the hatred Harold? Have I not been on my best behavior so far? Its even been a week or so since i've reminded everybody how horrible Irvin is. Cut me some slack man.

OK, you haven't been to bad. By the way it's not hatred, heck, if it was, you wouldn't be posting here.Your natural sour puss views have been creeping in lately , try to remember ...the Seahawks are in first place at 5-1.:suds:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I'm happy we won and we should have won, but why do our players do the dumbest things? Last week against Indy, we block a punt and the all the player had to do was stop and pick the ball up for a TD, but he dives on the ball (although it was right on the line) and we get a safety. Stupid. The Titans game was unreal. Can anybody answer why the holder tried to pass the ball? What was he trying to accomplish? Was there a part of his brain that thought he was going to complete a successful pass from that position? Then there's just all the other little things like penalties and fumbles and so forth. I know instincts take over when your actually playing the game, but for those of us on the couch watching the games, some of those plays are real head scratchers.

Oh well, we won and thats all that matters.

Trying to pass the ball on that botched field goal was dumb... very dumb... There was NO receivers to throw the ball too anyway ... Like you said instincts take over and you try to make something outta nothing but sometimes NOTHING is better than something... lol

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to pass the ball on that botched field goal was dumb... very dumb... There was NO receivers to throw the ball too anyway ... Like you said instincts take over and you try to make something outta nothing but sometimes NOTHING is better than something... lol

It was unfortunate that both Maragos and Ryan got put in that situation because everyone on offense wanted to go for the end zone. Carroll even admitted that they should've tried to go for it instead of going for the FG. It was an unfortunate turn of event that could've been VERY costly for the Hawks. That was one of the ugliest sequence of plays I've seen and wish to never see again with the Hawks.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That whole final end of the half was the dumbest and luckiest thing I've ever seen an opponent receive in the history of my witnessing of football.

First Tenn. gets the luck of taking our kicker out of the game temporarily (injuries are always 'lucky' if they happen to an opponent of your favorite team).

Second Wilson has to go get the ball while the refs stand cluelessly around... he finally gets it with 8-10 seconds to spare, tosses it to the ref who bobbles it in full DERP mode, wasting another 6 seconds before he runs to get it.... and places it down.

So instead of 8-10 seconds 3rd down with 2 plays you can run, it's 2 seconds. So we decide to kick. Our holder who hasn't held in years, just forgets to literally catch the ball and place it down, so he tries to run it... fumbles, and then the fumble rolls PERFECTLY toward our end zone where Titans can grab and run it in.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

The game should've been 23-6... it required the most unfortunately events ever possible to occur to even keep it a semi-close game.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well im on board with cutting him slack because he really was thrown into snapping that ball i think russell should have held the snap i herd he has experiance in doing so but as for that pass ball if you look at the replay doesnt it seem like the defender hit it out of his hand when he was trying to make a play it wasnt like he straight up passed it wide open to the titans.

but to answer the post no i dont think we have the dumbest players in the league that picture of aldon smith's mug shot says it all getting in off the field trouble and putting your career in jeopardy is DUMB

Kyle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tzorn you always look at the negative instead of the positive. Every football game there are good and bad things that happen just like life. Do you always look at the Negatives in your life over the positives. Nevermind, I already know that answer. Seahawks Fucking Rule and so do all the Real Seahawk Fans!!!

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In hindsight. These guys, 53 of them. are professional athletes.

I'm 52 and could still KICK a 20 yard FG. Easily.

It is ALL about the snap and hold. Which apparently Maragos FU'ed,
Let Ryan hold, and have ANYONE kick.

I love PC, but this was not the best decision Pete. I relate this to saying move TJ to WR to have Max Unger to throw the pass.

Now, IF maragos had performed, NON ISSUE, but he didnt, and it cost us.

Go Hawks.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In hindsight. These guys, 53 of them. are professional athletes.

I'm 52 and could still KICK a 20 yard FG. Easily.

It is ALL about the snap and hold. Which apparently Maragos FU'ed,
Let Ryan hold, and have ANYONE kick.

I love PC, but this was not the best decision Pete. I relate this to saying move TJ to WR to have Max Unger to throw the pass.

Now, IF maragos had performed, NON ISSUE, but he didnt, and it cost us.

Go Hawks.

Actually, the Lions had Ndamukong Suh attempt a kick (either a very short FG or an extra point... can't remember which) a couple of years ago when their kicker was hurt. He missed.
The reason they had him kick it was he had played a lot of soccer in the past. Anyone that thinks they could just go out and kick a short FG in an NFL game is probably mistaken.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the Lions had Ndamukong Suh attempt a kick (either a very short FG or an extra point... can't remember which) a couple of years ago when their kicker was hurt. He missed.
The reason they had him kick it was he had played a lot of soccer in the past. Anyone that thinks they could just go out and kick a short FG in an NFL game is probably mistaken.

Yep, and that's why he's a defensive tackle and not a kicker. I think it's too easy to fall into the trap of thinking or saying "Well he's a professional athlete, he should be able to do it". Professional athlete or not, if you're not used to doing something or it's been a while since you last did it, you're not going to be as good at it as the guy who usually does it. The game is too specialized now. Maybe back in the era of the "do everything" player, this would have gone off without a hitch, but the game doesn't work that way anymore. Now, that doesn't excuse Maragos for trying to do something with the ball after botching the hold when he didn't need to anything more than fall on it, but there's a reason why it was a big deal when Hauschka got taken back to the locker room.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kicking it is only a small bit of it all. I was a Linebacker and also the punter and kicker for my school. The thing with kicking FG's is you start your run up even before the ball is placed. It's not even been caught by the holder yet. This is the hardest part, if the holder doesn't put the ball in the "same place" every time you will miss it. Kickers get the blame 90% of the time but 90% of the time it was the fact the ball was not placed correctly. 1 inch can mean a miss from 30 yards away and the wrong tilt/angle can lead to a massive hook or low trajectory leading to a block.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have rathered Maragos attempt to kick it and have Ryan hold it then the debacle that happened.