• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do the top pitchers have a plan?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I often wondered what sets them apart from the rest, They are consistently great and hardly ever have bad games. The other pitchers who have good games at times but never are as consistent clearly do not know something they do.

I often believe Kershaw and Sale have a planned process prior to each inning where they memorize a throw order and put it to execution. Also, they pitch with confidence and never let a bad game phase them too much. I don't think they play a react game like other pitchers that can basically cause panicking and lead to a bigger collapse. I think Kershaw likely does not let whatever bad happens change how he pitches.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they do. All pitchers do. What separates Kershaw from the rest is execution and skill.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But then why does Kershaw and Sale seem to grasp it better than others. I don't know if Kershaw, Sale, and even Arrieta are the most physically fit pitchers and that's why they are that good. It's just why do so many pitchers not try what they do?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But then why does Kershaw and Sale seem to grasp it better than others. I don't know if Kershaw, Sale, and even Arrieta are the most physically fit pitchers and that's why they are that good. It's just why do so many pitchers not try what they do?

:scratch:

I'm pretty sure they try. Not sure what you're getting at... Kershaw is elite. Asking why others aren't like him is like asking why everyone just doesn't hit like Tony Gwynn.

There's a difference between trying/preparation and ability.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't need to scratch your head. I was just asking something.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't need to scratch your head. I was just asking something.

Just trying to understand the question I'm answering... didn't mean anything by it. Pitchers have Ipads and tablets on the bench now a days. Watching film in between innings. On their off days, I'm sure there is lots of film watching going on. Now, some are probably more dedicated than others, a la Manning/Brady in football.