• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DL Bass Dislocates Shoulder

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IRVING, Texas – The injury sustained Thursday by defensive lineman Ben Bass is likely going to sideline him for at least a few weeks.
Bass dislocated his left shoulder during Thursday’s practice, and he will undergo an MRI on Friday. The early prognosis is that Bass will miss anywhere from two to four weeks.
This puts even more pressure on an already thin group of defensive tackles. Bass and Jay Ratliff are currently injured, and the Cowboys traded Sean Lissemore to San Diego on Sunday. That leaves Landon Cohen as the only reserve defensive tackle on the current roster, behind starters Jason Hatcher and Nick Hayden.
Ratliff is currently on the Physically Unable to Perform list nursing an injury, which makes him unavailable until at least Week 7.
Bass finished the 2012 season on the injured reserve with an ankle injury. He was on the Cowboys’ practice squad for the first 10 weeks of the season, and he saw playing time in two games. The former Texas A&M standout signed with the Cowboys after a three-day tryout during the team’s rookie minicamp in May 2012.
Bass is one of two current Cowboys from nearby Plano West High School, along with newly-acquired linebacker Kyle Bosworth.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IRVING, Texas – The injury sustained Thursday by defensive lineman Ben Bass is likely going to sideline him for at least a few weeks.
Bass dislocated his left shoulder during Thursday’s practice, and he will undergo an MRI on Friday. The early prognosis is that Bass will miss anywhere from two to four weeks.
This puts even more pressure on an already thin group of defensive tackles. Bass and Jay Ratliff are currently injured, and the Cowboys traded Sean Lissemore to San Diego on Sunday. That leaves Landon Cohen as the only reserve defensive tackle on the current roster, behind starters Jason Hatcher and Nick Hayden.
Ratliff is currently on the Physically Unable to Perform list nursing an injury, which makes him unavailable until at least Week 7.
Bass finished the 2012 season on the injured reserve with an ankle injury. He was on the Cowboys’ practice squad for the first 10 weeks of the season, and he saw playing time in two games. The former Texas A&M standout signed with the Cowboys after a three-day tryout during the team’s rookie minicamp in May 2012.
Bass is one of two current Cowboys from nearby Plano West High School, along with newly-acquired linebacker Kyle Bosworth.

Next man up, whoever that is.....:noidea:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being back Callaway for a couple of weeks? Good size and he was here to learn his role in the defense. You just can't have only one healthy backup.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being back Callaway for a couple of weeks? Good size and he was here to learn his role in the defense. You just can't have only one healthy backup.

Who do you cut Weems, Arkin, Costa, Wilbur?

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bye bye Arkin

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bye bye Arkin

I a hearing the organization is higher on Arkin than Costa. Berny can be backup C/G whenever Waters is inserted in the starting lineup. Also if they cut Weems he is PS eligible.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's like the end of last year all over again

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why doesn't Jerry trade away for another 7th rounder or a 36 year old fossil. Not trolling but that seems to be the going thing here.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does it really matter? We shouldn't lose sleep if any of them are scooped up by another team. Could we do worse? Maybe. But I have no thoughts af greatness with any one of them.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it really matter? We shouldn't lose sleep if any of them are scooped up by another team. Could we do worse? Maybe. But I have no thoughts af greatness with any one of them.

it's not a big deal for a week but 4 are required and Bass, IMO was pretty good. He'll be back by week 3, but it's a struggle till then with rotational snaps.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why doesn't Jerry trade away for another 7th rounder or a 36 year old fossil. Not trolling but that seems to be the going thing here.

no way dude....you're trolling and poking a stick.
but actual football is a stuggle for you.
So tell me Mr. Non-Troll. You think Waters is a bad signing?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's not a big deal for a week but 4 are required and Bass, IMO was pretty good. He'll be back by week 3, but it's a struggle till then with rotational snaps.

PDAy my only point is if we HAD to release one of the players mentioned and he was picked up, would that really be all that damming? Odds are we could simply sign another FA and be in virtually the same place talent wise. Of course if we can make it through 2 or 3 weeks with out picking up a someone to replace Bass we be better off, but I wouldn't let the fear of losing say Arkin be the reason I didn't find a temp fix.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Arkin needs to be cut anyway, so might as well cut him now. Can't go a month as is

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see that PDay still has his pom poms waving?? Bass is garbage just like the rest of their DTs...

Interested what the spin will be from you girls here when teams start running up and down the field on this overrated bunch?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see that PDay still has his pom poms waving?? Bass is garbage just like the rest of their DTs...

Interested what the spin will be from you girls here when teams start running up and down the field on this overrated bunch?
Frye can you do me a favor?
Tell me what you do like about the Cowboys? Figure it wont take you long to tell us. It has to be a short list. Much quicker than you telling us "everything" you don't like.

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me what you do like about the Cowboys? Figure it wont take you long to tell us. It has to be a short list. Much quicker than you telling us "everything" you don't like.

I see the same team as last year. Decent offense trying to out score every team in the 4th Q with an injury riddled defense...Only now they have a small DL with absolutely no depth whatsoever. I saw this coming during the offseason and saw that they needed to improve their DL, but what did they do? Draft a fucking TE in the 2nd round while everyone was blowing smoke up each others asses over on ESPN about how they only needed all-world Frederick and the DL was solid? Now look....no Spencer, Ratliff, Bass, Liss, yet they are in good shape if you were to ask PDay the day dreamer?

Defense wins, and this team and defense is the same weak D that Seattle exposed last season.

Last edited by a moderator:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haven't even played the game and it's doom....they all suck.

Well sure you do fried....that's because you're not a cowboy fan and you remain very much obsessed with my opinion. That must be cause you have much catching up to do.

ownage remain my pleasure

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"if you were to ask PDay the day dreamer"

You mean PDay the Cowboy fan who posts on the Cowboy page.

ownage I tell you and who even tried???

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He likes Garrett. By listening to fried you'd think Garrett was the greatest coach in the NFL. Still tying to figure out how he thinks Garrett is so wise yet he hates the team Garrett has assembled. Only explanation it Fried doesn't know his ASS from a hole in the ground.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He likes Garrett. By listening to fried you'd think Garrett was the greatest coach in the NFL. Still tying to figure out how he thinks Garrett is so wise yet he hates the team Garrett has assembled. Only explanation it Fried doesn't know his ASS from a hole in the ground.
are you trying to say he sticks his head in the ground instead of ..... :heh: