• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DJ Williams Carted off

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As the title says DJ Williams was carted off the field with undisclosed injuries. Is this devastating to the team or a blessing in disguise to give Bostic a better chance at playing?

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always felt that any hit to depth is not good. However, I like Bostic. Overall, he's got great ball skills, good tackler, etc. The one downside I've heard alot is that he can be beat in man coverage.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always felt that any hit to depth is not good. However, I like Bostic. Overall, he's got great ball skills, good tackler, etc. The one downside I've heard alot is that he can be beat in man coverage.

It was reported just to be a calf injury and he is week to week. Ya I like the way Bostic plays as well but a few things he needs to work on to really step up his game. If he does start he should still be solid as a rookie and Bostic should work more on his Zone coverage than he should with Man Coverage with this defense. Also he needs to be patient with the running back coming out of the backfield.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do Bears fans continually underestimate how good DJ Williams has been in the NFL? My lord, the guy was a monster in Denver. In fact, between 2004 and 2011 he posted better numbers than Brian Urlacher in combined tackles, sacks, and INT's.

This would be a huge blow if he's out for an extended period of time.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do Bears fans continually underestimate how good DJ Williams has been in the NFL? My lord, the guy was a monster in Denver. In fact, between 2004 and 2011 he posted better numbers than Brian Urlacher in combined tackles, sacks, and INT's.

This has nothing to do with the production he had in the past, its what is going on in the present. The fact is Williams could be out a few weeks and during that time Bostic could really step up and prove that he should be on the field. Williams has had a very good career but it doesnt help the last few years you have been in the NFL you have either missed time from injuries or off field issues. I would not say it would be a huge blow because you have no idea how he would play this year on a different team. He might not be the player he was a few years ago, might have lost a few steps in his game and clearly he still getting injured. DJ Williams was the biggest Question Mark for me coming into the season and now I know why.

BearClaw55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bostic will turn out to be the real deal.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bostic will turn out to be the real deal.

Me too. But I think Williams would have been better to start this year with Bostic getting some reps and starting next year.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree: I would rather see an athletic vet back there vs a rook. Don't know how long a strained calf will keep him out. But I expect him in the line up day 1.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: I would rather see an athletic vet back there vs a rook. Don't know how long a strained calf will keep him out. But I expect him in the line up day 1.

As of now I look at it as its Bostics job to lose. If he could go out there and show he is ready to play they will start a younger more athletic LB, but if they feel he hasnt quite picked up on it yet but Williams is ready to go then Williams will start. If anything I see Bostic playing very well and Anderson slumping and Williams taking over the Strong Side position.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I vote for Bostic and think they want him to go which is why Briggs was calling plays. Otherwise DJ would be calling plays from day 1. If the kid cant cover zone, then trestman will not put him in that position. He will leave him in the middle til the back releases.