• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Divisional Round Chiefs @ Patriots; Saturday 4:25 ET on CBS

The O/U is currently 42.5

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First half thoughts:

• D has played excellently. Not perfect: One long reception leading to a FG; one drive leading to a FG; nothing special on field position; breakdowns on individual plays. Still, that's an excellent result.
  • Kick/punt coverage is a worry. What is it w/ STs this year???
  • No run blocking to speak of, and Edelman has the dropsies. Both were predictable. O has still been good.
  • Happy to not see PI calls.
  • Amendola really wants to hit people, whether it's that punt play or the catch on which he stayed inbounds and lowered his shoulder.
  • People who criticize Brady's toughness are idiots or trolls.
First half thoughts:

• D has played excellently. Not perfect: One long reception leading to a FG; one drive leading to a FG; nothing special on field position; breakdowns on individual plays. Still, that's an excellent result.
  • No run blocking to speak of, and Edelman has the dropsies. Both were predictable. O has still been good.
  • Amendola really wants to hit people, whether it's that punt play or the catch on which he stayed inbounds and lowered his shoulder.
First half thoughts from a Patriots-centric perspective:

• D has played excellently. It's not perfect: One long reception leading to a FG; one drive leading to a FG; nothing special on field position; breakdowns on individual plays (e.g. Smith's run vs. Collins). Still, that's an excellent result.
:saban:

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean you can, but I just disagree. Montana and Brady are a lot alike if you think about it. But I'm one of those people that believes that we're in an era where the athletes are better than ever, and it's a better accomplishment to win now. If we were going to give it to the best winner, then Otto Graham would be the GOAT and it's not up for discussion. 7 championships.

I'd never get on board with this whole 'athlete' discussion, but if that is the case then Montana was a better athlete 30 years ago than Brady is currently. The league is far more QB centric today that it makes it easier for a top flight QB to have success.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. The Patriots jumped the snap perfectly. This is hard to watch. Alex Smith just isn't playing well at all.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean you can, but I just disagree. Montana and Brady are a lot alike if you think about it. But I'm one of those people that believes that we're in an era where the athletes are better than ever, and it's a better accomplishment to win now. If we were going to give it to the best winner, then Otto Graham would be the GOAT and it's not up for discussion. 7 championships.

I don't think the demands on a QB are any tougher today than in the 80s. The DBs are better now but so are the receivers and the rules favor a QB more today. But Brady has the numbers and the rings and his D lost it late 2 other times. He's still the best right now right now and he's 38 years old.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady has never been a great athlete. That's what makes his accomplishments that much more great. Montana was a better athlete. Not arguing that at all.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is the 92-1 at home when leading at the half with Brady right ? Damn.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can the defense actually tackle for crying out loud!

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knile Davis is the definition of a playmaker. The Chiefs need to use him more.