• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Division Bucket NFL Draft Semi-Final 1 : Nos vs WLK

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOS

OFFENSE
QB - Dan Marino - 1
RB - Marshall Faulk - 3
WR - Randy Moss - 6
WR - Cris Carter - 6
WR - Michael Irvin - 5
TE - Dave Casper - 4
LT - Tony Boselli - 3
LG - Alan Faneca - 2
C - Kevin Mawae - 1
RG - Will Shields - 4
RT - Willie Anderson - 2

DEFENSE
DE - Michael Strahan - 5
DT - Merlin Olsen - 8
DT - Bob Lilly - 5
DE - Chris Doleman - 6
LB - Wilber Marshall - 5
LB - Dick Butkus - 6
CB - Lester Hayes - 4
CB - Roger Wehrli - 8
CB - Mel Renfro - 5
SS - Joey Browner - 6
FS - Jack Tatum - 4

RESERVES
QB - Ken Anderson - 2
RB - William Andrews - 7
FB - Mike Alstott - 7
WR - Roddy White - 7
OG/OT - Tarik Glenn - 3
DE - Simeon Rice - 7
DT - John Henderson - 3
LB - Nick Buoniconti - 1
LB - Isiah Robertson - 8
DCB - Asante Samuel - 1

VERSUS

WLK

OFFENSE
QB - Payton Manning - 3
RB - Marshawn Lynch - 8
WR - Sterling Sharpe - 6
WR - Dez Bryant - 5
TE - Tony Gonzalez - 7
TE - Rob Gronkowski - 1
LT - Joe Thomas - 2
LG - Russ Grimm - 5
C - Dermontti Dawson - 2
RG - Joe DeLamielleure - 1
RT - Jackie Slater - 8

DEFENSE
LDE - Jack Youngblood - 8
DT - Richard Seymour - 1
DT - Alan Page - 6
RDE - Richard Dent - 6
OLB - Jack Ham - 2
OLB - Derrick Brooks - 7
CB - Willie Brown - 4
CB - Rod Woodson - 2
CB - Aeneas Williams - 8
SS - Troy Polamalu - 2
FS - Larry Wilson - 8

RESERVES
QB - Steve McNair - 3
RB - Terrell Davis - 4
WR - Henry Ellard - 5
FB - Tom Rathman - 8
TE - Mark Bavaro - 5
DE - Dwight Freeney- 3
DT - Ray Childress - 3
DT - Sean Gilbert - 7
MLB - Willie Lanier - 4
DCB - Frank Minnifield - 2

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOS - 4
WLK - 4

VOTED - WLK, Nos, Ritz, Mebert, EHB, Hockey, 500, Milk

Last edited:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my biggest strength in this matchup is that I can keep the ball away from Nos... I'm not going to go back and forth... My bench players will get heavy rotations here... I can run big with Gonzalez and Gronk split out with Bavaro at TE Rathman and TD and a number of different looks with Payton being able to check off and put the guys in the right places... Also fresh pass rushers in Freeney and Childress put extra pressure... Not to mention my defense is pretty damn good... Ball control is the key...

WLK - 24
Nos - 21

Last edited:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think my biggest strength in this matchup is that I can keep the ball away from Nos... I'm not going to go back and forth... My bench players will get heavy rotations here... I can run big with Gonzalez and Gronk allot out with Bavaro at TE Rathman and TD and a number of different looks with Payton being able to check off and put the guys in the right places... Also fresh pass rushers in Freeney and Childress put extra pressure... Not to mention my defense is pretty damn good... Ball control is the key...

WLK - 24
Nos - 21

I agree ball control would be key for you but you ran into the one remaining team you cant do that against. My offense is just too good to be shut down by even a defense as good as yours, I on the other hand do have a defense that will put pressure on Manning giving him happy feet which leads to poor throws, I love what you did with the 2 TE set but its not enough here. My team just cant be stopped.

Nos 30
WLK 23

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I should just post the winner instead of why I picked the person but I just cant help myself :D I feel if my 3 great LB's couldn't stop WLK's big TE's then how can Nos's only 2 LB's stop them? Also I felt I had equal if not better WR's then Nos and Nos said WLK's team could stop my guys.

WLK - 20
Nos - 17

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I should just post the winner instead of why I picked the person but I just cant help myself :D I feel if my 3 great LB's couldn't stop WLK's big TE's then how can Nos's only 2 LB's stop them? Also I felt I had equal if not better WR's then Nos and Nos said WLK's team could stop my guys.

WLK - 20
Nos - 17

I don't mind when people post their opinions.

You don't have to cover a TE with a LB buddy.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree ball control would be key for you but you ran into the one remaining team you cant do that against. My offense is just too good to be shut down by even a defense as good as yours, I on the other hand do have a defense that will put pressure on Manning giving him happy feet which leads to poor throws, I love what you did with the 2 TE set but its not enough here. My team just cant be stopped.

Nos 30
WLK 23

40 year old Manning yes, the great Manning will check off and get the ball to the open man... In this case the middle of the field is going to be a huge problem for you... Butkas and Marshall are stand out vs the run, but when I go Gronk and Gonzalez (Bavaro as well) on the line I can throw to the holes... Blitzing is the only way you're going to get pressure and Manning is masterful at seeing and exploiting that which is why I grabbed him with other greats available... Your team is a beast, but if you don't have the ball you can't score... The longer I stay on the field the more your defense slows down and your offense can't help... That's how I see it anyway...

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind when people post their opinions.

You don't have to cover a TE with a LB buddy.

But you feel a CB could cover a TE better then a LB? Speed yes the CB or S has more but his TE's are way to big for your CB's IMO

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40 year old Manning yes, the great Manning will check off and get the ball to the open man... In this case the middle of the field is going to be a huge problem for you... Butkas and Marshall are stand out vs the run, but when I go Gronk and Gonzalez (Bavaro as well) on the line I can throw to the holes... Blitzing is the only way you're going to get pressure and Manning is masterful at seeing and exploiting that which is why I grabbed him with other greats available... Your team is a beast, but if you don't have the ball you can't score... The longer I stay on the field the more your defense slows down and your offense can't help... That's how I see it anyway...

No way I need to blitz to get pressure. Neither Gronk or Gonzalez block at all Manning has always been slow footed and I would have pressure in his face all day. You could not do the same to Marino, that's one of the differences here. My passing game is just to strong you have no answer for Faulk.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you feel a CB could cover a TE better then a LB? Speed yes the CB or S has more but his TE's are way to big for your CB's IMO

Also taking out that linebacker makes my run stronger... Gronk is not a good cover for the corners and safties...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This isn't wrestling...

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also taking out that linebacker makes my run stronger... Gronk is not a good cover for the corners and safties...

Correction hes not easy to cover for an average safety, once Joey Browner lays him out a couple times alligator arms will be a problem.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshawn Lynch is the worst starting back in this draft, you should have started TD.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really love the 2 TE thing WLK has going, I'm gonna go WLK

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way I need to blitz to get pressure. Neither Gronk or Gonzalez block at all Manning has always been slow footed and I would have pressure in his face all day. You could not do the same to Marino, that's one of the differences here. My passing game is just to strong you have no answer for Faulk.

Not sure where yhe pressure would come from... My oline is pretty solid, Thomas is the only non HOFer and I think we can agree he will be 8 probowls 5x 1st team all pro 2x 2nd team... You need to blitz which means there will be holes... Also if you don't blitz my run game comes into play as well... And we still haven't addressed the WRs I have... Sharpe and Dez with Ellard coming in means I have some physical WRs as well then Ellard slips in to catch passes from Payton...

Payton Manning 65.3% passing
Dan Marino 59.4% passing

And also Beast Mode is really good at pass blocking and receiving and won't have 2 linebackers who play both the run and pass... And the pressure I bring is pretty impressive... Seymour has the least amount of sacks on my line and he's at 54.5 I believe...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshawn Lynch is the worst starting back in this draft, you should have started TD.

Yes but that's like saying Tom Brady is with the ugliest Sports Illustrated model... :noidea:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where yhe pressure would come from... My oline is pretty solid, Thomas is the only non HOFer and I think we can agree he will be 8 probowls 5x 1st team all pro 2x 2nd team... You need to blitz which means there will be holes... Also if you don't blitz my run game comes into play as well... And we still haven't addressed the WRs I have... Sharpe and Dez with Ellard coming in means I have some physical WRs as well then Ellard slips in to catch passes from Payton...

Payton Manning 65.3% passing
Dan Marino 59.4% passing

And also Beast Mode is really good at pass blocking and receiving and won't have 2 linebackers who play both the run and pass... And the pressure I bring is pretty impressive... Seymour has the least amount of sacks on my line and he's at 54.5 I believe...

I'll just simplify this, you said ball control is key, but you wont be able to control the ball, Lynch is not running up the middle against Lilly and Olsen with Butkus behind them and running sweeps is not Marshawns game. Your passing game even with the two good tight ends is simply not enough when you're going to be one dimensional trying to play catch up.

Last edited:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry guys really busy now. I've gotta lean Nos. I can give a reason later!!

Great match up

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i like Nos team more here... Love the 2 TE but what good is it with the weakest running game?? Was semi surprised Lynch was even drafted in this mock...