• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ditch the WildKaep

TheNinerMind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Offense got entirely out of rhythm with that crap. Teams know we do it now. You need new material when you play teams like the Giants.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts exactly. It's fine when you have a team guessing and on the ropes. But not when you just completed a big play on an important drive.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of pulling your starting QB out of the rhythm of the game whether its a pass or handoff. Maybe if we have a comfortable lead.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they need to time it better. roman does so much weird shit. its great when it works but we need to at least try to get things rolling on offense.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would we ditch the WildKaep? It has worked more often than not this year. They just got a little too cocky with it, IMO. Twice every drive isn't how it's supposed to be. They just need to focus on using it primarily in the red zone, and how we used it towards the end of the first half with that bomb to Manningham.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They used the wildkeap in the worst possible ways today. We lost momentum in the first quarter using Kaep to hand off to Gore on a 3rd and 6, I believe. And we were never the same after that. The offense was out of sink all day long and never recovered...

Hats off to the Giants for making the Niners look less than average on both sides of the ball...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three times where it seemed weird. 1st drive, we marched down, converted two third downs - put Kaep in and hand off? Smith finally hits Moss deep, get into Giants territory, put Kaep in when either he or Gore doesn't know the play? Keep Kaep in for a series, presumably, but go back to Smith when it was 3rd and 26(?)?

So it isn't using him or not using him, it was simply the time and arguably the opponent that it seemed so weird. I thought we were not going to play Kaep much this game due to how close we assumed it was going to be and if we did, it would be at very opportune moments. I realize if he pulled off big plays at these weird moments, we'd be excited, but it didn't have that feel. Maybe on the 3rd and 6 on the first drive, we were not going to run it and Kaep saw something?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me that they are trying to work Kaep into real game time speed now. It seemed like they wanted a reason to leave Kaep in the game today,
then he overthrew Moss on the sideline and they kind of were like "nevermind".

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Its just a good example of diminishing returns on gimmicky styles once teams get some tape on them. Seemed like the Giants were not fooled by any of the unorthodox movement or play fakes, and there's a reason no team has ever had sustained success using run options in the NFL. Until Kapernick is deemed a reliable passer this wildcat stuff has to be used more sparingly for better effect.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just a good example of diminishing returns on gimmicky styles once teams get some tape on them. Seemed like the Giants were not fooled by any of the unorthodox movement or play fakes, and there's a reason no team has ever had sustained success using run options in the NFL. Until Kapernick is deemed a reliable passer this wildcat stuff has to be used more sparingly for better effect.

This!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't Kaep's fault. I repeat, it wasn't Kaep's fault. But for some reason, I came away from this game feeling less confident with him, as my first impression. I have since calmed down and am fine with his progress. My instinct was that we would not do gimmicky plays with him in this important game, so when they put him in, I expected traditional offense. I thought the Bills/Jets game was getting him acclimated. (I didn't actually expect him to play much against the Giants.) When he did come in and it was a little gimicky, it made me feel the coaching staff wasn't really trying to give him real reps. That's what got me, not anything he actually did. He had some real reps, I'm just talking about impression. I'd like Kaep to play the regular offense, or leave Smith in when it comes to an important game, unless you see something you can exploit. Maybe what he does will be the regular offense in the future, but it isn't right now.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, they used it entirely too much this game but I dunno that I'd get rid of it all together.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%. I felt the cuteness killed our early drives. It just snowballed from there.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%. I felt the cuteness killed our early drives. It just snowballed from there.

I feel the same way. Kill the cuteness and stick with what works best- run the ball and well timed shot plays. The Giants did a good job of blanketing Davis.
The wildKaep plays were poorly timed for the most part yesterday.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I like running since we are a running team and then on third and short I'm looking for Manningham.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the same way. Kill the cuteness and stick with what works best- run the ball and well timed shot plays. The Giants did a good job of blanketing Davis.
The wildKaep plays were poorly timed for the most part yesterday.

Exactly right. 2 or 3 cute plays a game is more than enough. Nobody is winning a Super Bowl using this wildcat crap as much as we did yesterday - and I don't see using 2 QBs throughout the game as a winning formula either. When Harbaugh said we didn't have a good plan today... I hope he was referring to all that BS and I hope that means we are stepping away from that crap from here on out.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
WildKaep is fine but they just need to tone it way way down.

The biggest problem with the WildKaep is that it needs to prove that CK is dangerous as a passer as he is a runner. Right now if I'm a defense and I see CK in there than it becomes all about maintaining your gap and area responsibility, wait to see who has the ball, and make the play on it.

But if defenses become scared that he's extremely viable to throw the ball than that leaves them frozen in what to do because it will cause them to have difficulty to commit one to the other.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WildKaep is fine but they just need to tone it way way down.

The biggest problem with the WildKaep is that it needs to prove that CK is dangerous as a passer as he is a runner. Right now if I'm a defense and I see CK in there than it becomes all about maintaining your gap and area responsibility, wait to see who has the ball, and make the play on it.

But if defenses become scared that he's extremely viable to throw the ball than that leaves them frozen in what to do because it will cause them to have difficulty to commit one to the other.

This!

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I like running since we are a running team and then on third and short I'm looking for Manningham.

Yes, we are a running team first. Harbaugh seems to forget that sometimes.