• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dish Networks picks up Longhorn Network

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the LHN ever show a replay of the 2013 BYU game? Wasn't the scheduled replay on the LHN changed to a replay of a women's volleyball game?

ynuvy8et.jpg

Actually, they did. Numerous times. Over and over, in fact. And the replay sucked as much as the game.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, they did. Numerous times. Over and over, in fact. And the replay sucked as much as the game.

I think the real question is whether the BTN will ever replay a Husker Longhorn football game.:whistle:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update: Dish Network will begin broadcasting LHN on May 28.
I guess they are trying to attract vacillating customers before DirecTV signs a contract.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the LHN ever show a replay of the 2013 BYU game? Wasn't the scheduled replay on the LHN changed to a replay of a women's volleyball game?

ynuvy8et.jpg

Yeah, they kept showing that BYU game over and over. They also showed the '96 Big 12 inaugural CCG a few days ago. You know, the game that ended the NU football program forever.....

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Google glass picked up SEC network. Already had LHN and I think Pac12 networks.

Not sure exactly what Google glass means to us, but there is that.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw Google glass picked up SEC network. Already had LHN and I think Pac12 networks.
Not sure exactly what Google glass means to us, but there is that.

I think you're confusing Google Fiber, the internet provider, with Google Glass, a wearable WiFi device. Google Fiber in Austin allows access to the Longhorn Network, but not in KC.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're confusing Google Fiber, the internet provider, with Google Glass, a wearable WiFi device. Google Fiber in Austin allows access to the Longhorn Network, but not in KC.

Google glass is actually pretty cutting edge stuff. It is a ripoff of part of the Future Force Warrior system the Army tinkered with for over a decade. It's basically a small computer screen attached to a pair of glasses. In the Army it was used for maps and battle tracking. Google converted it for voice activated internet usage. I don't know just how popular it will get at the price point its currently selling for but it is pretty cool. The Army version sucked ass because it was an entire system including armor and cooling devices that was heavy as hell.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Google Fiber is the best publicly available internet. If you have it, consider yourself lucky. I would take it in a heart beat over my ISP.

Google looking at 34 for more cities to expand.

Just wish I would have held on to the 100 shares I purchased at 92 bucks and sol for something like 108.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, meant Google Fiber. I know they've planned for it to be available in Austin, but not sure when. Anyway, the news that made me think of it was that SEC network had been picked-up by them.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Google glass is actually pretty cutting edge stuff. It is a ripoff of part of the Future Force Warrior system the Army tinkered with for over a decade. It's basically a small computer screen attached to a pair of glasses. In the Army it was used for maps and battle tracking. Google converted it for voice activated internet usage. I don't know just how popular it will get at the price point its currently selling for but it is pretty cool. The Army version sucked ass because it was an entire system including armor and cooling devices that was heavy as hell.

That's interesting, didn't know that.

I remember, way back in the early nineties or so. All the adults with kids were so proud of their kids' ability to use a computer, yada yada. I told them there would come a day when parents would pay money to get them off computers, if only for an hour a day.

Also, I thought the thing someday, would be contact lens that is a computer.

Anyway, is interesting the stuff military R&D comes up with over the years.