• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Disappointed

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One night and two days. F U FOX!

that crappy X Factor show is taped so why not run it after the game? part of me hopes the games go long but knowing Fox they would leave the games to fulfill their "contract" with that ass Simon Cowal

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Laserman ... clean up your language. If you don't have anything of qualitative value to add to the thread ... don't post.

??? Is this a joke? Did I miss an inside something or other?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No joke. Comments including off color or derogatory language only detract from the forum and the commentary.

Don't know where you've been for the last couple of weeks, but we have a lot more freedom here than on ESPN. I don't thin anyone wants it getting out of hand, but we do have the freedom to use some adult language. I like having you buddy, but if you can't deal with it that's just tough on you.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know where you've been for the last couple of weeks, but we have a lot more freedom here than on ESPN. I don't thin anyone wants it getting out of hand, but we do have the freedom to use some adult language. I like having you buddy, but if you can't deal with it that's just tough on you.

Well said. Couldn't really come up with a way to say that. We aren't in the kiddie pool anymore, that is what ESPN is for.

If what he said gets you riled up, better not ever go to any other boards.

robhea67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I live in north dallas plano area and work in mesquite It rained cats and dogs sunday evening all the rain just missed the ballpark. the lake outside of the ballpark was mud in color could only imagine how wet the field an warning track looked.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I live in north dallas plano area and work in mesquite It rained cats and dogs sunday evening all the rain just missed the ballpark. the lake outside of the ballpark was mud in color could only imagine how wet the field an warning track looked.

they were showing what looked like puddles all over the outfield. some could have gotten hurt

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well said. Couldn't really come up with a way to say that. We aren't in the kiddie pool anymore, that is what ESPN is for.

If what he said gets you riled up, better not ever go to any other boards.

Fordman ... you weren't the one I was critiquing. You are not known as one who uses offensive speech either.

Perhaps to some posters dismay ... I'll continue to post here and other boards where and when I believe I have something of value to add to the baseball conversation.

I will also continue to critique derogatory language used by posters who have a mistaken belief that it makes them appear more knowledgable. That sort of speech doesn't work in business. It doesn't work in our community. And it certainly doesn't work around the dinner table at home. There is no reason for it to be acceptable here either.

Laserman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Laserman ... clean up your language. If you don't have anything of qualitative value to add to the thread ... don't post.

WHAT? Really dude? Get a clue WMW

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fordman ... you weren't the one I was critiquing. You are not known as one who uses offensive speech either.

Perhaps to some posters dismay ... I'll continue to post here and other boards where and when I believe I have something of value to add to the baseball conversation.

I will also continue to critique derogatory language used by posters who have a mistaken belief that it makes them appear more knowledgable. That sort of speech doesn't work in business. It doesn't work in our community. And it certainly doesn't work around the dinner table at home. There is no reason for it to be acceptable here either.

I don't think anyone would say they don't like having you post here, but I still stand by my statement and I think everyone else here would also. I like having you but if you cannot occasionally tolerate some off color language you don't have to be a part of this board, and i don't think chastising others will win you many friends. You're not the father figure or language police of this board.

Last edited by a moderator:

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone would say they don't like having you post here, but I still stand by my statement and I think everyone else here would also. I like having you but if you cannot occasionally tolerate some off color language you don't have to be a part of this board, and i don't think chastising others will win you many friends. You're not the father figure or language police of this board.

I don't recall my vote going to you as my spokesperson.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall my vote going to you as my spokesperson.

My bad then... ill change my verbage to "most". Don't lash out at me. I'm not the one playing language police to everyone else on here.

Laserman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. You don't add any value to your posts by using derogatory language. So clean it up.

Dude I said F U to FOX. If you can't handle F U then you might want to head back over to the mouse ears. Have you seen what else has been said? You see any of the other post? Grow up dude!!!

I am guessing you have a problem with these also.
:hdn: :ss:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know who you were critiquing, I just don't understand why on message boards. It is a lost cause, and I was warning you that what we see here is nothing compared to what people say in the water cooler threads.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well we won and Sherzer has one fewer day to rest before he can roll back out there, and so does Dutch :behindsofa: KIDDING, the kid will come around.

On the bright side there is no lag between games. Sucks for the players, but awesome for the fans. three more nights of Ranger ball.

Haha, that's true on Sherzer, and yea I'm disappointed in my boy Dutch. Hopefully, he mans up, but honestly, if I'm Wash, I'm strongly considering going with Feldy instead for a potential game 6.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, that's true on Sherzer, and yea I'm disappointed in my boy Dutch. Hopefully, he mans up, but honestly, if I'm Wash, I'm strongly considering going with Feldy instead for a potential game 6.

I get where you're coming from but I don't think I would do that. Detroit is really hurting for right handed bats, and Dutch has the ability to turn it on at any time. He pitched a pretty decent ALDS game, as well as a relief appearance. I would say let him pitch, but keep him on a short leash and have Feldman ready to go.

However, I would seriously consider letting him pitch for Colby in Arlington with the way the ball flys out in our park.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I get where you're coming from but I don't think I would do that. Detroit is really hurting for right handed bats, and Dutch has the ability to turn it on at any time. He pitched a pretty decent ALDS game, as well as a relief appearance. I would say let him pitch, but keep him on a short leash and have Feldman ready to go.

However, I would seriously consider letting him pitch for Colby in Arlington with the way the ball flys out in our park.

Let's hope we don't even have to worry about game 6 and that CJ and bats wrap this thing up against "the Verlander" - I think "Zoolander" time here his name lol. Justin Verlander or Derek Zoolander? 101 MPH or "Blue Steel"?!?! As long we have Nelson Cruz, I'll like our chances!