• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dirty Yards

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my biggest concern of the current RBs. Who is best suited to pick up 3&3 or less to move he chains or score near the goal line. This where I think Murray could be missed most. I am banking on Randle of the current options we have.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ( including red zone carries) and pass protection are my biggest concerns. I ink they will find a way to get it done between the 20's regardless of whether it's a lead dog or true time share situation.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That ( including red zone carries) and pass protection are my biggest concerns. I ink they will find a way to get it done between the 20's regardless of whether it's a lead dog or true time share situation.

Yes pass protection is another concern. Can't wait to see who stands out in training camp & preseason.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest concern is having three fragile RBs while the most durable one is a serious question mark to me. I'm not a big fan of Randle at all. I hope I am wrong about him. I expect at some point this year we will be using Cole Beasley in a "Welker Role," in the fact that we use short passes to him as an extension of the running game like the Pats did Welker.

I completely agree with the Cowboys letting Murray go because they couldn't afford him and his workload was so high last year, but what I don't agree with is failing to address RB at all in the draft. I am a firm believer in this OLine, but I also believe Murray will be hard to replace. You can't just put trash behind a great offensive line and expect similar results. The only thing worse than an elite RB with great vision behind a bad offensive line is a mediocre RB with terrible vision behind an elite offensive line. Murray's vision and tough running will definitely be missed and this puts more pressure on Romo, Dez, Witten, and the OLine to perform well. Last year we could just pound and pound which took loads of pressure off Romo and Dez. We might not have that same fortune this year. I hope Randle is as good as some Cowboy fans think. He doesn't have to be extremely fast or anything, but if he has great vision, that would be fine with me.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beats me...didn't know Murray was all bout the "dirty yards" this time last year.

Funny thing about professional football...each season in many ways is a whole new novel. Last year shoulda made that point.
12-4...really? after what we saw in preseason and the opener against SF? 12-4?
I expect this team to be a lot better this season with health and they could still lose more regular season games than last season.

I agree with Earl....still think RB woulda been nice in round 3, but I'm starting to think this coaching staff knows their talent and have a plan.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing worse than an elite RB with great vision behind a bad offensive line is a mediocre RB with terrible vision behind an elite offensive line.

Agreed! But isn't it possible that the first part of that was the case with McFadden in Oakland? It was for Murray for the first three years with the Cowboys and he didn't have a great Oline until last year. Apart from last year, his time in this league isn't distinct from McFadden's, both in performance and with injuries.

I'm not going all Frye on everyone, but as long as he's now on our team, I can hope.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at FRYBOY

Where is he ?

Greg you got a opinion ?

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed! But isn't it possible that the first part of that was the case with McFadden in Oakland? It was for Murray for the first three years with the Cowboys and he didn't have a great Oline until last year. Apart from last year, his time in this league isn't distinct from McFadden's, both in performance and with injuries.

I'm not going all Frye on everyone, but as long as he's now on our team, I can hope.
I like McFadden's skill set, but he can't be trusted with more than 200 touches. I would like to see a system of Randle getting 200 touches, McFadden 175, and Dunbar 50-100. All of them need to combine for nearly 450 touches like Murray last year. If they can do that, that would mean this running game was successful and Romo doesn't have to throw as much just like last year.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like McFadden's skill set, but he can't be trusted with more than 200 touches. I would like to see a system of Randle getting 200 touches, McFadden 175, and Dunbar 50-100. All of them need to combine for nearly 450 touches like Murray last year. If they can do that, that would mean this running game was successful and Romo doesn't have to throw as much just like last year.

But, until last year, Murray couldn't be trusted with over 200 touches either. That's all I'm saying. There is a possibility that McFadden turns out to be something along the lines of Murray.

I don't see either one of them having HoF careers, but they have been extremely comparable during their time in the league. The one difference is last year, when Murray had a great offensive line.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Help me out here.
The Cowboys are known for having a very good OL. Maybe this was based off of Murray's production last year.
Why is the line a concern? The passing game must be an answer. Correct?
You got Collins in a deal.
Is a concern about the lines ability to keep Romo upright?
Not trolling. Your team is a hurdle to overcome in more ways than 1.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, until last year, Murray couldn't be trusted with over 200 touches either. That's all I'm saying. There is a possibility that McFadden turns out to be something along the lines of Murray.

I don't see either one of them having HoF careers, but they have been extremely comparable during their time in the league. The one difference is last year, when Murray had a great offensive line.
The difference between Murray and McFadden is that Murray was having bad luck freak injuries. McFadden constantly misses games with bad hamstrings, groins, has two bad knees, and all sorts of other issues. Murray is like Rob Gronk, just a bunch of freak bad luck injuries. McFadden is more like Mike Jenkins and we all know how he was.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Help me out here.
The Cowboys are known for having a very good OL. Maybe this was based off of Murray's production last year.
Why is the line a concern? The passing game must be an answer. Correct?
You got Collins in a deal.
Is a concern about the lines ability to keep Romo upright?
Not trolling. Your team is a hurdle to overcome in more ways than 1.

Not pass protection from the OL, Pass protection from whichever RB will be in on 3rd downs. No matter how good your OL is, your RB needs to pick up the blitz to save your QBs health.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not pass protection from the OL, Pass protection from whichever RB will be in on 3rd downs. No matter how good your OL is, your RB needs to pick up the blitz to save your QBs health.
Duh...now I get it.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that as of now we should be spreading the carries around. Maybe someone steps up and changes that, but as of now it looks like some type of a time share.

On McFaddens skill set. Ignore where he was drafted for a sec. What skill set is it he has shown? His guaranteed money says the Cowboys aren't even 100% he makes the team. I'd be happy enough if he makes the team and contributes all year as of right now. I can't wait to see him in preseason to see if he looks better than the guy that has been horrible the last couple of years and completely outplayed by the other RBs on the Oakland roster. If he can't turn it around with his opportunity here, he never will...

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between Murray and McFadden is that Murray was having bad luck freak injuries. McFadden constantly misses games with bad hamstrings, groins, has two bad knees, and all sorts of other issues. Murray is like Rob Gronk, just a bunch of freak bad luck injuries. McFadden is more like Mike Jenkins and we all know how he was.

In all honesty, I didn't follow McFadden that much. I have only known that he was out periodically due to injury.

Bottom line, you may be right and McFadden won't be as reliable even as Murray.

But I'm still gonna hope he is.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that as of now we should be spreading the carries around. Maybe someone steps up and changes that, but as of now it looks like some type of a time share.

On McFaddens skill set. Ignore where he was drafted for a sec. What skill set is it he has shown? His guaranteed money says the Cowboys aren't even 100% he makes the team. I'd be happy enough if he makes the team and contributes all year as of right now. I can't wait to see him in preseason to see if he looks better than the guy that has been horrible the last couple of years and completely outplayed by the other RBs on the Oakland roster. If he can't turn it around with his opportunity here, he never will...
I always liked his burst, shiftiness, and ability to catch. Just way too injury prone.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't convince them, confuse them.