• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dirtiest Player in the NBA?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs' Matthew Dellavedova voted NBA's dirtiest player in recent poll

Cavs' Matthew Dellavedova voted NBA's dirtiest player in recent poll

By Ananth Pandian | NBA writer
January 17, 2016 11:38 am ET
Cleveland Cavaliers guard Matthew Dellavedova is a hard-nosed player that often sacrifices his body to make a play. This leads to times when Dellavedova may seem too aggressive.

Like in last season's playoffs when Dellavedova fought for a loose ball with Kyle Korver and coincidentally ended up injuring the Hawks guard on the play. Or when in an earlier playoff series last year, Dellavedova locked legs with Taj Gibson, preventing the Bulls forward from getting up. Gibson was ejected from the game after he kicked Dellavedova while trying to get free. Then in the Finals, Dellavedova got involved in a brief war or words with David Lee that resulted in Stephen Curry coming to his teammate's aid by pushing the Cavs guard.

With instances like this, it should come as no suprise that Dellavedova was named the dirtiest player in the NBA in a Los Angeles Times poll of coaches and players.

Dellavedova received 13 votes. Oklahoma City center Steven Adams was next with seven votes. Golden State center Andrew Bogut (5), Memphis forward Matt Barnes (4) and Oklahoma City forward Serge Ibaka (2) rounded out the top five.

“Wow! Delly and Bogut are both from Australia,” an Eastern Conference player said about the tally. “How about that! Delly is kind of dirty and he does cross the line. But I don't even think it's even close with Bogut. Dellavedova is a little bit wild and out of control.”

“He ain't dirty. He just plays hard,” said an old-school East assistant coach. “See, guys resent people that play hard because they don't want to play hard. So if a guy plays hard, he's dirty. He's not dirty. He just plays hard. People question the play he made in the playoffs against Korver. I just think it was poor judgment.”
A total of 24 people were surveyed for the poll and Broderick Turner, who conducted it, doesn't specify how many were players and how many were coaches. And although this is a small sample size, it shows that Dellavedova does have a bit of a reputation around the league.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well Patty Mills is an Aussie and he ain't dirty lol

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well Patty Mills is an Aussie and he ain't dirty lol

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying Dellavedova isn't the dirtiest but I question any poll that doesn't include Chris Paul. Maybe the players are scared he'll nutshot them if he finds out they voted for him

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about Delly being the dirtiest player in the league. I see him as more of an unorthodox player with limited abilities who's all out hustle style of play is what keeps him in the league. He's like the guy who everybody hates because he's always going full speed, even when everyone else is at 1/2 to 3/4 speed.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys make a good point about Bowen. He was an absolute embarrassment to the Spurs with his cheap ass bullshit.

I did not shed a tear the day he no longer played for San Antonio.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andrew Bogut is for sure a dirty player. He knows every "old man at the YMCA" move in the book. But I love him for it. He's brought the attitude the Warriors were lacking for years.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised no one voted for Patrick Beverly.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying Dellavedova isn't the dirtiest but I question any poll that doesn't include Chris Paul. Maybe the players are scared he'll nutshot them if he finds out they voted for him
And Wade....SMH

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowen all time for sure but Garnett is the dirtiest now if you ask me.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If unskilled equals dirty, yeah it's Delly.

He goes all rip-shit-ride-em because that is his only means of contribution.

I can't fault a guy for trying to carve out a niche.

But, his kamikaze style is dangerous.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys make a good point about Bowen. He was an absolute embarrassment to the Spurs with his cheap ass bullshit.

I did not shed a tear the day he no longer played for San Antonio.

Embarrassment? Every dynasty had that one dirty player. Teams would love to have guys like him.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If unskilled equals dirty, yeah it's Delly.

He goes all rip-shit-ride-em because that is his only means of contribution.

I can't fault a guy for trying to carve out a niche.

But, his kamikaze style is dangerous.
its his only means of contributing?

I guess shooting 44% from 3 and having an other-wordly assist-to-turnover ratio, while throwing some nasty alley-oops is not contributing .... ;)

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets biggest douchbag in the league.
toi me Patrick Beverly is the worst- that play on RW Was just so uncalled for....

the Korver play is the one i hear a lot of people get on Delly about- but if you look at the play- Korver is playing like 50% speed in an Eastern Conference playoff game- if he gets on the floor there he protects himseflf and i think thats what Delly anticipated.