• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Direction to go this year?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume in all of these scenarios you are taking a QB in round 1 which isn't listed?

Gimme the 3rd draft plan.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Rodgers is going to be my keeper.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ridley is the number 1 in NE, he tailed off late last year but did have some good weeks. He doesn't have Blount now either. taking carries. I believe he has Vereen. I'll see what's there.

Ridley will not be one....Vereen/and maybe even White surfaces

anyhow only this :billb:knows....

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I do have experience, but have been in more runner-ups than winning a title. I need to change that which is why I have asked of positional direction in the drafts for this year based on how players are ranked. To me, I need at least most of my first seven picks to pay off with the rest being free agents that turn out to be great unless I have late draft gems like I did last year with Gordon. As everyone knows, last year I ended up with Lynch and my no.2 rb was MJD and the flex was Matthews. But after week 2 I picked up LBell. That said my running game was better than my receiving if Lynch had a good week. But my receiving was not. Cobb's injury could have been bad for me, but I had picked up Allen in FA and had already drafted Gordon. At that point Allen however was inconsistent. I had a good tightend in Thomas I picked up as well two days before the opener, but he wasnt exactly in Gronk or Graham's league just week to week TDs. With that said, last two years I have been a little worser in my top league because of not having an elite qb. I can get back to postseason with production out of my top picks and having a top QB and possibly title game again. But I'm aiming for championship and I just simply wondered about who to go after first, and who to neglect(tightend, top defense).

I did one more draft last night and will not do another until next week or after that if the plans I made for the real world come to fruition.
QB-Rodgers(1st)
RB-Foster(2nd), Sankey(6th)
WR-VJac(3rd), Allen(4th)
Flex-Welker(5th)
TE-Cameron(7th)
DST-Patriots(9th)
K-Walsh(16th)

Really L Bell was a free agent....what kinda league is this.....L Bell should have been drafted in all leagues...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really L Bell was a free agent....what kinda league is this.....L Bell should have been drafted in all leagues...

Had an owner drop Bell in a league last year early on due to multiple injuries on his roster that he needed to replace, and Bell hadn't seen the field yet.

Lost Julio and someone else decent, can't remember which player it was, but in a 4 player keeper league, he opted to burn a bench spot and stash Julio all year, which led to Bell getting cut.

Of course, even though I had a good stable of RBs, I found room to add Bell off the wire.

Some times people just make bad decisions, I've been there myself!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. . He dropped Bell in a keeper league. I was no Leveon Bell fan last year (still really aren't), but young starting RB's in a keeper are hard to come by

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won in two leagues last year. One was luck, I was placed fifth in the final standings but made the playoffs due to my division being terrible and then had a hot two weeks followed by the championship opponents team breaking down. In the other league I had an amazing team that was clearly the best from week one on. I'll share that draft with you....

I had 10th pick in a ten team league (the best pick in my opinion. You get so much value later on in the draft)

1. (10) Calvin Johnson
2. (11) Lesean McCoy
3. (30) Demaryius Thomas
4. (31) Eddie Lacy
5. (50) gonzo
6. (51) Mike Wallace (it auto picked for me these rounds due to a lack of decisiveness on my part)
7. (70) gio Bernard
8. (71) Andrew Luck (very consistent. I totally disagree with the guy who said he was a disappointment)
9. (90) Kenny Britt
10. (91) Leveon Bell
11. (110) Broncos d
12. (111) Kenbrall Thompkins
13. (130) Michael Floyd
14. (131) Joe Flacco
15. (150) Aaron Dobson
16. (151) Justin Tucker

Wallace, Britt, Broncos d, Thompkins, Floyd, Flacco, Dobson, and Tucker were all dropped and never picked up again by the seasons end. Bell was traded.

Last edited by a moderator:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won in two leagues last year. One was luck, I was placed fifth in the final standings but made the playoffs due to my division being terrible and then had a hot two weeks followed by the championship opponents team breaking down. In the other league I had an amazing team that was clearly the best from week one on. I'll share that draft with you....

I had 10th pick in a ten team league (the best pick in my opinion. You get so much value later on in the draft)

1. (10) Calvin Johnson
2. (11) Lesean McCoy
3. (30) Demaryius Thomas
4. (31) Eddie Lacy
5. (50) gonzo
6. (51) Mike Wallace (it auto picked for me these rounds due to a lack of decisiveness on my part)
7. (70) gio Bernard
8. (71) Andrew Luck (very consistent. I totally disagree with the guy who said he was a disappointment)
9. (90) Kenny Britt
10. (91) Leveon Bell
11. (110) Broncos d
12. (111) Kenbrall Thompkins
13. (130) Michael Floyd
14. (131) Joe Flacco
15. (150) Aaron Dobson
16. (151) Justin Tucker

Wallace, Britt, Broncos d, Thompkins, Floyd, Flacco, Dobson, and Tucker were all dropped and never picked up again by the seasons end. Bell was traded.

Sorry, but I question the level of competitiveness of your other 9 owners if you were able to get McCoy in the 2nd, Thomas in the third, Gio in the 7th, and Bell in the TENTH!. No wonder you won

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a point of reference, I also had Gio and LeVeon in a 10-teamer last year, but I took them in the fifth and sixth.

In that league, the only guys still available where you drafted them were Megatron, Lacy, Wallace, Broncos, Flacco and Dobson. So you'd have had a very different team there.

But I do remember people being down on McCoy last year. Didn't Monkey get him in the second in some league, too? In any event, I think you were also pretty fortunate to have Demaryius, Gio, Luck and Le'Veon drop to you.

Good job not letting them get past you, but I wonder who everybody else was drafting.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but I question the level of competitiveness of your other 9 owners if you were able to get McCoy in the 2nd, Thomas in the third, Gio in the 7th, and Bell in the TENTH!. No wonder you won

It was actually a money league and no one was auto drafting. Espn actually had McCoy ranked as the tenth pick. I was very surprised he fell to me, but you have to remember that McCoy was coming off a down year and the head coach was still an unknown. I also basically got him in the first since I was picking 10 and 11. Thomas was definitely a steal, bell was injured at the beginning of the year and gio was to split carries. They all had question marks.

Last edited by a moderator:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was actually a money league and no one was auto drafting. Espn actually had McCoy ranked as the tenth pick. I was very surprised he fell to me, but you have to remember that McCoy was coming off a down year and the head coach was still an unknown. I also basically got him in the first since I was picking 10 and 11. Thomas was definitely a steal, bell was injured at the beginning of the year and gio was to split carries. They all had question marks.

Just because nobody was autodrafting does not mean the league is highly competitive.

Still though, that is a good team. No wonder you won.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because nobody was autodrafting does not mean the league is highly competitive.

Still though, that is a good team. No wonder you won.

Yeah, but it shows that everyone was into it from day 1. The fact that you have to pay to get in the league shows that it's pretty competitive at least. It also shows that it's not just a random league that I joined in which half the people ignore their teams.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a point of reference, I also had Gio and LeVeon in a 10-teamer last year, but I took them in the fifth and sixth.

In that league, the only guys still available where you drafted them were Megatron, Lacy, Wallace, Broncos, Flacco and Dobson. So you'd have had a very different team there.

But I do remember people being down on McCoy last year. Didn't Monkey get him in the second in some league, too? In any event, I think you were also pretty fortunate to have Demaryius, Gio, Luck and Le'Veon drop to you.

Good job not letting them get past you, but I wonder who everybody else was drafting.

Yeah, there were some head scratchers. People are really QB happy in this league, so there are always value picks available at rb and wr into the 3rd or 4th rounds. Some head scratchers in this draft were Cj spiller in the first, Stephen Jackson and Ridley in the second, Vincent Jackson at 21 before Andre Johnson and Thomas, and two QBs taken in the first round.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had an owner drop Bell in a league last year early on due to multiple injuries on his roster that he needed to replace, and Bell hadn't seen the field yet.

Lost Julio and someone else decent, can't remember which player it was, but in a 4 player keeper league, he opted to burn a bench spot and stash Julio all year, which led to Bell getting cut.

Of course, even though I had a good stable of RBs, I found room to add Bell off the wire.

Some times people just make bad decisions, I've been there myself!

Tbh, the steelers were bad at running the ball at that point. And Bell was originally drafted, but then dropped. Also, there was early speculation he wasn't going to be the bellcow back. That changed after Dwyer and Redman's(?) performances. Oh, felix forgot about him. Also steelers were not shown to rely on the run in recent years.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, leveon fell in the rankings when he got hurt and my draft was on a Sunday the third week of pre-season. Before he got hurt he was ranked higher. But preseason ADPs and injuries played a big role. Which is why my draft is starting earlier this time so preseason does not mess with the draft. Its set for the 10th next month, I had it the 3rd. The only thing I'm nervous of is what Tre Mason does that first weekend or Carlos Hyde because I am planning to get Hyde in 7 or 8 and Mason in 10th. And Watkins, if he has a good first preseason game his adp will skyrocket to possibly fifth or sixth round.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, leveon fell in the rankings when he got hurt and my draft was on a Sunday the third week of pre-season. Before he got hurt he was ranked higher. But preseason ADPs and injuries played a big role. Which is why my draft is starting earlier this time so preseason does not mess with the draft. Its set for the 10th next month, I had it the 3rd. The only thing I'm nervous of is what Tre Mason does that first weekend or Carlos Hyde because I am planning to get Hyde in 7 or 8 and Mason in 10th. And Watkins, if he has a good first preseason game his adp will skyrocket to possibly fifth or sixth round.

Mason and Hyde are going to be back ups. You can probably get them a few rounds later. I love mason and Hyde as prospects, but they aren't going to get much play time next year. I honestly wouldn't draft either unless they were a handcuff for Gore or Stacy.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the experts are saying Gore is going to lose carries by 50% or something like that so that is why I need to go after Hyde. Idk what Mason will do but StL is talking about making Stacy play for the starting job. I hate when players with the job are put in these positions because preseason has been known to be showcases for rookies whereas starters tend to play a bit vanilla.

Also, I am considering keeping Bell. If I am drafting early 2nd then I may decide to change my keeper and keep Bell. It also depends if Brees and Manning are kept. It gives me a quality rb and still a chance to draft a top QB.