• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dilfer On The Herd

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I know you can take this with a grain of salt, but they briefly mentioned the Niners this morning. Dilfer had some interesting things to say about Baalke.

Trent Dilfer - ESPN

Skip to the 11 minute mark.

Note what he says about Aldon Smith.

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
That brought a smile to my face...

But yeah Baalke was getting a lot of heat when he told us that the had a "plan". But if you look at the free agent signings and non-signings (lawson/Franklin) he has made some good moves.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna all of a sudden put a lot of faith in what Dilfer says because I like what I hear...but I do like what I hear! Better than negative pub; I will wait with bated breath to see if he's right. Return to a decade of relevance? I might shed a tear...

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not taking it as if we are a lock for a decade of greatness...but The part that really hit me is when he says Baalke is the smartest guy he has ever met. That's pretty high praise. I guess it really depends on the QB situation. If you have a guy like Alex Smith/Dilfer etc, who can manage a game plus a strong D then you can win a Superbowl and be good for a while... but if you get that franchise QB you will have a shot to win it almost every year.

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll put as much stock in it as everything else analysts say, but its still inspirational to hear given the 49ers recent struggles. Great to hear as a fan.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I will say Dilfer is correct when he said we have the proper idea for long term success it's now a question if we can execute it.

Teams that are good year in and year out have talent evaluators that can identify raw but talented players that fit their coaches scheme. Than you have quality coaches refine that raw talent and are able to coach them.

So far what we've seen from the team has been promising and Baalke's decisions have been largely spot on thus far.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I will say Dilfer is correct when he said we have the proper idea for long term success it's now a question if we can execute it.

Teams that are good year in and year out have talent evaluators that can identify raw but talented players that fit their coaches scheme. Than you have quality coaches refine that raw talent and are able to coach them.

So far what we've seen from the team has been promising and Baalke's decisions have been largely spot on thus far.

agree.

yep, if we want to become relevant and sustain a decade long 'window', we'll eventually need a franchise QB. it doesn't NEED to be a 'Brady', but somebody who remains good thru the play-offs.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't let AdjustingRoutes hear this, it's going to send him into a rage over "little punk" "bukkake" and "awex".

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trent dilfer may not have been a outstanding quarterback, but he played smart and he knows football.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree.

yep, if we want to become relevant and sustain a decade long 'window', we'll eventually need a franchise QB. it doesn't NEED to be a 'Brady', but somebody who remains good thru the play-offs.

Absolutely. That is the one piece that is really missing right now. I honestly don't have a lot of faith that Kap is going to be that guy, but i do have a lot more trust in Harbaugh to be able to pull the best out of whatever QB we have in there. If for some reason that doesn't turn out to be the case next season (or whenever) then that gives us a higher draft pick to be able to get that guy eventually. I just can't see us drafting a QB in the late 1st/early 2nd round when that's what we had just invested in Kap. The only other option is to trade up and grab Landry Jones, Barkley, or RG3.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Absolutely. That is the one piece that is really missing right now. I honestly don't have a lot of faith that Kap is going to be that guy, but i do have a lot more trust in Harbaugh to be able to pull the best out of whatever QB we have in there. If for some reason that doesn't turn out to be the case next season (or whenever) then that gives us a higher draft pick to be able to get that guy eventually. I just can't see us drafting a QB in the late 1st/early 2nd round when that's what we had just invested in Kap. The only other option is to trade up and grab Landry Jones, Barkley, or RG3.

with supposedly a good draft for QB's, you never know? one who might ordinarily go higher can fall to the twenties? maybe Harbaugh likes the 3rd best QB ranked nationally, but ranked #1 by the 49ers?

maybe there's only two teams who really need a 1st round QB (cause of the number of QB's than went last year)?

Baalke has traded up twice already, so that alone wouldn't deter him. maybe he only needs to trade up four or five spots to get the guy he wants?

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yea I heard that today. I also heard Colin say mike vick is Steve young today. About threw up in my mouth...