• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did McCaffery actually break Sanders record?

Did christian McCaffery actually break Barry Sanders record for all purpose yards?

• Yes

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 34.3%

• Total voters

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stopped reading after i got to 13 to 14 games and saw no facts and stopped. looked like the same rubble rabble, If thats "blowing up a premise" I would love for you to be sarks lawyer :laugh3: All you did was lie about a link due to the lack of facts. I'll be waiting on that link :nod:
I did, you simply once again can't read or won't do your own work.
Did McCaffery actually break Sanders record? | Page 14 | SportsHoopla Sports Forums

If you can't find the links in that post then you are wasting your time on this site.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why his knees will be shot in 3 years and Saban ruins another back before his career even gets started. The dude milks everything he can get out of these kids while making a fortune off their talent then sends them off with an empty tank.

There you go confusing Alabama with Wisconsin again...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen one fact you have posted anywhere that suggests all season records are based on 11 game seasons. I mean you can't so you haven't, but it's laughable you claim others aren't proving their work.

Season total records are based on seasons and the NCAA and the various historic stat sites include ALL GAMES PLAYED. They've added bowls since 2002. They added CCG since they existed. I gave you one as a starter and you just ignore it.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not just about total games played. The fact that all previous record holders stats were based solely on regular season games. While McCafferys total includes post season games is a big discrepancy. Im going to pull up more stats for A better template as I can locate them. Then put everything into a solid perspective. Right now I'm working on something else
Jesus man... what difference does that make? Wiz showed how diverse and undefined the college season has been thoughout history, why are you hung up on the "post season" now? An extra game is an extra game. You being so hung up on that one aspect just further suggests you're looking for something to discount mccaffrey's season.
Also, the FBS, or division 1A, or whatever you want to call it or what time period you're looking at, is unique. The post season consists of 1 game (at least until last year), and now in recent years about half the teams get a "post season". It makes sense to count it in season records. But again, it's irrelevant unless you're looking for something to hold against this season, because the college season hasn't been consistant anyway...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can only accept this record if you find another example in ONLY that category among the many season record totals? And you wonder why you aren't being taken seriously?

Basically any record which having extra games adds to the overall total that shows it used CCG and/or Bowl values proves it isn't unique. It's all you need to shut you down.

Which stat service do you accept as valid? I'll even link the shit for you if needed. I mean it's obvious and everywhere, but it seems you need the help so...
I'll accept it when it fits the criteria set forth by the previous record holders for the record in question. And you can provide enough facts to show that McCaffery broke Barry sanders all purpose yards record under the same terms as defined by the stats used to define the record. I do think you're displaying some bias and not being objective tho. I'll stick to facts, numbers and last precedent. Numbers and facts are what matter records are not broken on opinions of they were we can start rewriting the record books tomorrow

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus man... what difference does that make? Wiz showed how diverse and undefined the college season has been thoughout history, why are you hung up on the "post season" now? An extra game is an extra game. You being so hung up on that one aspect just further suggests you're looking for something to discount mccaffrey's season.
Also, the FBS, or division 1A, or whatever you want to call it or what time period you're looking at, is unique. The post season consists of 1 game (at least until last year), and now in recent years about half the teams get a "post season". It makes sense to count it in season records. But again, it's irrelevant unless you're looking for something to hold against this season, because the college season hasn't been consistant anyway...
You are all free to discuss and hopefully compile legitimate points based on facts other than you didn't read that :dhd: I'm going to look for more numbers when I can and stick with what holds weight which is verified facts and stats

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did, you simply once again can't read or won't do your own work.
Did McCaffery actually break Sanders record? | Page 14 | SportsHoopla Sports Forums

If you can't find the links in that post then you are wasting your time on this site.
Yeah, I've got the impression throughout this thread (and the other one, I mean, I was convinced he was just trolling and fucking around) that he just reads part of a post, and responds to it without finishing. For someone who's claiming to be doing extensive research and be all about facts, he's not very thorough...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll accept it when it fits the criteria set forth by the previous record holders for the record in question. And you can provide enough facts to show that McCaffery broke Barry sanders all purpose yards record under the same terms as defined by the stats used to define the record. I do think you're displaying some bias and not being objective tho. I'll stick to facts, numbers and last precedent. Numbers and facts are what matter records are not broken on opinions of they were we can start rewriting the record books tomorrow
Honestly, that's really the single dumbest thing I've read on this site.

You know full well you are full of shit.

You are holding to some idea that only the history of THAT LONE stat is sacred and exists in a vacuum or something.

That particular stat has stood since 1988. How many conference championship games existed before that time?

It's called cherry picking and/or spinning to create an argument out of nothing.

There are many season total records on the books and many of them include players that count CCG and bowls in those stats. That's a fact. It's entirely relevant to this one. It shows consistency among all stat categories by the NCAA and the stat recording agencies.

Sorry the real truth is killing you so much, but it's also destroying your ability to use logic.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are all free to discuss and hopefully compile legitimate points based on facts other than you didn't read that :dhd: I'm going to look for more numbers when I can and stick with what holds weight which is verified facts and stats
You do that. Clearly you're off to a great start...

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn..only 15 pages so far???

I thought for sure this thing would be over 25 by now.

:lol:
I thought I would get more than one rebuttal that was comprised of some form of content that was fact related. But I did learn that I have the option of stating the record is invalid by using the line you didn't read that :nod: I'll make sure I remember that one when I go to court for my speeding ticket next week and I want it dismissed :dhd:

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I've got the impression throughout this thread (and the other one, I mean, I was convinced he was just trolling and fucking around) that he just reads part of a post, and responds to it without finishing. For someone who's claiming to be doing extensive research and be all about facts, he's not very thorough...
I've seen some pretty dense arguments posed on this site. Hell, the PF is flooded with them daily. This one is right up there.

The idea he is going to say it can't be a valid claim on a record unless it can be shown that prior holders of that record, and ONLY that record have had games outside of his definition of a season added when that record has stood over the entire span when those extra games have been added to OTHER stats as well is just so retarded as to be nothing but an attempt to troll. It can't be anything else. No one is this dense.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact: The NCAA started adding even bowl figures to season totals on records after the 2002 season.
Fact: Other season records are held by people who played in 14 games including both bowls and CCG and those totals are part of that record.
Fact: Seasons have been imbalanced in terms of total games played since the start of the sport.

Those facts trump some made up BS that's really only meant to make one guy feel better about the thrashing his team took.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen some pretty dense arguments posed on this site. Hell, the PF is flooded with them daily. This one is right up there.

The idea he is going to say it can't be a valid claim on a record unless it can be shown that prior holders of that record, and ONLY that record have had games outside of his definition of a season added when that record has stood over the entire span when those extra games have been added to OTHER stats as well is just so retarded as to be nothing but an attempt to troll. It can't be anything else. No one is this dense.
Yep. And now the :dhd: is coming out. I think he started off trying to have a serious discussion, but it didn't go how he wanted... so now he's just going to go even more ridiculous and act like that was the intent...

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People like to bring up the fact that Henry had 40 less carries than Herschel......but McCaffery had what, 14 less touches than Sanders???

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People like to bring up the fact that Henry had 40 less carries than Herschel......but McCaffery had what, 14 less touches than Sanders???
I'm focussed on the amount of games played and the fact that all the precious record holders did not have post season games counted as per the NCAAs stance on stats from the early years being unavailable. When a standard is set it sets the guidelines. Im not one for making exceptions to benefits next gen players

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm focussed on the amount of games played and the fact that all the precious record holders did not have post season games counted as per the NCAAs stance on stats from the early years being unavailable. When a standard is set it sets the guidelines. Im not one for making exceptions to benefits next gen players
well, we all know that neither was the best back in SEC history :nod:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, it shows how flawed your premise is.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, will acquiesce that THAT particular record hadn't ever had a CCG added to it before. I mean it's kind of obvious and we have said as much. CCG's have exploded in very recent years. They didn't have double digit numbers of teams having those extra games pre '88 when Sanders set that mark.

Not one person is saying otherwise.

It's still a moot point. Entirely.

The NCAA changed the criteria for how season records are tabulated. And, this isn't the first time that has happened. We gave you historical context. Hell, at one point they didn't consider bowl games before crowning a national title winner. Should we now go back and change the years where they did? There hasn't ever in the history of the sport been a uniformed number of games in a season and yet those season stats have always existed. They change and evolve.

In the early 2k's they changed and added bowl games. As far as I can tell they have always included CCG stats, however as we already stated they didn't have many games before recent times. The mega conferences are a new thing.

There are a lot of offensive/scoring/yardage type of season record holders and I've already shown you at least one that did include both a CCG and bowl in that total and it's a bonus they were from a mid-major school.

Given that we all know they now add those uniformly across all stats it would be weird not to give it to McCaffrey. Barry still holds a few other records and it makes the ones he does still hold all that much more special because players today are getting 2-3 more games than he played and he STILL owns them all.

The answer to the question of did he actually already break that record is yes. There is no other answer.

The question of should the NCAA add those other games when they were not added pre 2k's is a different question. The question of is it fair to include CCG and even bowl game for today's player and not even adding the bowl game to those historical values is also a great topic for debate and a good question. However, those are not the topics of this thread. The thread topic was already killed. You just didn't get the memo for some reason.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, it shows how flawed your premise is.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, will acquiesce that THAT particular record hadn't ever had a CCG added to it before. I mean it's kind of obvious and we have said as much. CCG's have exploded in very recent years. They didn't have double digit numbers of teams having those extra games pre '88 when Sanders set that mark.

Not one person is saying otherwise.

It's still a moot point. Entirely.

The NCAA changed the criteria for how season records are tabulated. And, this isn't the first time that has happened. We gave you historical context. Hell, at one point they didn't consider bowl games before crowning a national title winner. Should we now go back and change the years where they did? There hasn't ever in the history of the sport been a uniformed number of games in a season and yet those season stats have always existed. They change and evolve.

In the early 2k's they changed and added bowl games. As far as I can tell they have always included CCG stats, however as we already stated they didn't have many games before recent times. The mega conferences are a new thing.

There are a lot of offensive/scoring/yardage type of season record holders and I've already shown you at least one that did include both a CCG and bowl in that total and it's a bonus they were from a mid-major school.

Given that we all know they now add those uniformly across all stats it would be weird not to give it to McCaffrey. Barry still holds a few other records and it makes the ones he does still hold all that much more special because players today are getting 2-3 more games than he played and he STILL owns them all.

The answer to the question of did he actually already break that record is yes. There is no other answer.

The question of should the NCAA add those other games when they were not added pre 2k's is a different question. The question of is it fair to include CCG and even bowl game for today's player and not even adding the bowl game to those historical values is also a great topic for debate and a good question. However, those are not the topics of this thread. The thread topic was already killed. You just didn't get the memo for some reason.
should I even read this or have we gone from the did not read defense to but your honor haters gonna hate? The premise is the guidelines in which the NCAA gauges stats do to their record books and history. They have never recognized state in CCGs or Bowl games. Because state from the early eras are sketchy and unreliable. I read an article on this topic earlier . I will run as many state as possible but as it stands to claim the record was broken under the NCAA president and procedure has been clear over decades. I will READ your post in a little bit and see if there is anything of content to support a case that fits the guidelines later. I will also provide more facts. While you may really like mccaffery or dislike the rules. I did not write the rules nor is it my fault McCaffery did not surpass Sanders record within the guidelines set forth through your centuries of college football. From what I did read there are several college football historians whom have also been debunking this topic. So there will always be an asterisk and controversy. It has been proven this is not a clean break