• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did Huff jus become a top 5 1st baseman in the NL?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put Ike Davis in front of Huff.

If I am talking pure offense, there are plenty of players I take before I take Huff:

1. Votto
2. Morse
3. Freeman
4. Yonder Alonso
5. Ike Davis
6. Ryan Howard
7. Carlos Lee

I moved Howard so far down the list because of his injury. Everyone keeps saying the guy is going to be back some time in May, but that's only if everything goes totally to plan. Remember that Howard is not a spring chicken any more and he was never the greatest physical specimen to begin with. I think he comes back in LATE May and doesn't really get into his groove until the end of June. That gives him only 3 full months to mash.

Oh, and for those of you thinking that Alonso has no place on that list, think again. That guy can mash. Period.

Alonso hasn't proved it yet, so I wouldn't put him on this list YET, but I have little doubt (besides what Petco will do to him) that he will climb the list. But if Alonso has to be put on this list, then Goldschmidt has to be on it too. He can crush balls and he's in a hitters park.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alonso hasn't proved it yet, so I wouldn't put him on this list YET, but I have little doubt (besides what Petco will do to him) that he will climb the list. But if Alonso has to be put on this list, then Goldschmidt has to be on it too. He can crush balls and he's in a hitters park.

The difference between the two is that Goldschmidt is a grip it and rip it Adam Dunn type of player. He either hits the ball a country mile or he misses it by that same margin.

Alonso is more of a hitter. He has better plate discipline, he can hit to all fields and he has some monster power. Goldschmidt will never be the most valuable hitter on his team. He might be the biggest and he might hit the ball the farthest, but he will never be mistaken for a tough out. Alonso has the talent to be a Joey Votto-esque hitter.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Astros were playing him in left. Then again, he is as bad a corner out fielder as Jones or Morse, so he should probably be right behind Davis. Wow. Huff is barely Top 10.

im not sure but last year he played 80 games in OF and 79 at 1st

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between the two is that Goldschmidt is a grip it and rip it Adam Dunn type of player. He either hits the ball a country mile or he misses it by that same margin.

Alonso is more of a hitter. He has better plate discipline, he can hit to all fields and he has some monster power. Goldschmidt will never be the most valuable hitter on his team. He might be the biggest and he might hit the ball the farthest, but he will never be mistaken for a tough out. Alonso has the talent to be a Joey Votto-esque hitter.

Timmeh says "hi"...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that PetCo may be a big issue for how he progresses. Although, that did not stop AGone from becoming one of the biggest producer in the entire game.

He is also starting to get up there for a high prospect to have never "made it". I am not sure how long he has here in SD before he has to start producing to avoid the bust tag.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not sure but last year he played 80 games in OF and 79 at 1st

Good enough for me. Yes. Carlos Lee and Ike Davis are better first basemen than Aubrey Huff... unless he repeats 2010 (extremely unlikely/barely possible).

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's 3x the specimen Tubagoo is.....:behindsofa::behindsofa:

Actually, you mean he is 1/3 the specimen Tubagoo is.

3x a specimen would be the size of the StayPuft Marshmallow man from "Ghostbusters".

staypuft_marshmallow_man.jpg