• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Did anyone like the Jets draft??

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan of what the Jets did this draft... I know next to nothing about college football and how to project how college translates to the NFL, so I can be way off base here with some of my points that I will make...

reasons I did not like the Jets draft.

1. They did not make one trade, they had 12 picks and that could have gotten them potentially better players...

2. It seems like besides for the TE pick(which I loved), the rest of the WRs they drafted all are not high potential guys... they seem like they are all safe picks that they know what they have... The problem with that is that is that being picked in the 4th round or later and not being good potential guys they will likely at best be a #2 WR... Depth with no potential is just wasted depth...

3. It seems like they drafted all undersized players, taking this risk is obvious, does not mean they were bad picks, but it would have been nice to get more players whose bodies fit the NFL.

4. My personal opinion- I would have drafted a RB in the 3rd or 4th round, no it was not a need that was important, but with 2 running QBs, and chris Johnson as the #1 RB, it would have been nice to have one more legit RB... Not trying to copy the patriots offense, but to use a rb in the passing game the way they do, would have been great for the way the Jets offense is being built...

This offseason, they went all out to improve the offense by signing decker, vick, and Johnson, but just did not show the same aggressiveness and risk taking in the draft... I was just very disappointed...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A top rated S, and a potential star @ TE...2 potential starters? Not bad imo, but I'm with you on not making any trades...12 rookies are not going to make any NFL team...using some picks to move around the board for needs makes too much sense to me.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A top rated S, and a potential star @ TE...2 potential starters? Not bad imo, but I'm with you on not making any trades...12 rookies are not going to make any NFL team...using some picks to move around the board for needs makes too much sense to me.

As I said I loved the TE pick... I also can live with the first round pick... IT was the rest I did not like at all...

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. They did not make one trade, they had 12 picks and that could have gotten them potentially better players...

--- I agree with this. I am looking directly at Allen Robinson 2nd round, #62 overall to Jacksonville. I would have tried to move back into the 2nd...and it was a late 2nd....to get him.

2. It seems like besides for the TE pick(which I loved), the rest of the WRs they drafted all are not high potential guys... they seem like they are all safe picks that they know what they have... The problem with that is that is that being picked in the 4th round or later and not being good potential guys they will likely at best be a #2 WR... Depth with no potential is just wasted depth...

--- I agree with this so long as they did what I suggested above. The Jets better hope one of these guys pan out. I would think one will. Either that or Hill needs to do something. :laugh3:

3. It seems like they drafted all undersized players, taking this risk is obvious, does not mean they were bad picks, but it would have been nice to get more players whose bodies fit the NFL.

--- This I don't know much about. I'd tend to say I could care less. Sure, nice to be big and strong, but the game is quicker than ever....so if these smaller guys are also quicker, not a bad trade off.

4. My personal opinion- I would have drafted a RB in the 3rd or 4th round, no it was not a need that was important, but with 2 running QBs, and chris Johnson as the #1 RB, it would have been nice to have one more legit RB... Not trying to copy the patriots offense, but to use a rb in the passing game the way they do, would have been great for the way the Jets offense is being built...

---This I disagree with. Ivory was awesome last year for his first year with the Jets and getting significant carries. Johnson/Ivory/Powell is one of the deepest RB cores in the league. The Jets will run the ball extremely effectively this year. Johnson is a great ball catcher out of the backfield.

This offseason, they went all out to improve the offense by signing decker, vick, and Johnson, but just did not show the same aggressiveness and risk taking in the draft... I was just very disappointed...

--- Again I disagree here. Safety was a major void, they filled it. They signed a WR/RB/QB and drafted one of the top TE's in the draft. Another major need was a CB, which they tackled in the 3rd. (granted I would have liked to see them trade up).

Overall, I think the Jets made some great moves this offseason. I wouldn't give them a perfect score...probably a "B".

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

--- I agree with this. I am looking directly at Allen Robinson 2nd round, #62 overall to Jacksonville. I would have tried to move back into the 2nd...and it was a late 2nd....to get him.

--- I agree with this so long as they did what I suggested above. The Jets better hope one of these guys pan out. I would think one will. Either that or Hill needs to do something. :laugh3:

--- This I don't know much about. I'd tend to say I could care less. Sure, nice to be big and strong, but the game is quicker than ever....so if these smaller guys are also quicker, not a bad trade off.

---This I disagree with. Ivory was awesome last year for his first year with the Jets and getting significant carries. Johnson/Ivory/Powell is one of the deepest RB cores in the league. The Jets will run the ball extremely effectively this year. Johnson is a great ball catcher out of the backfield.

--- Again I disagree here. Safety was a major void, they filled it. They signed a WR/RB/QB and drafted one of the top TE's in the draft. Another major need was a CB, which they tackled in the 3rd. (granted I would have liked to see them trade up).

Overall, I think the Jets made some great moves this offseason. I wouldn't give them a perfect score...probably a "B".

I am fine with there first 2 picks, I just did not like anything after... I fear that the Jets will have depth at WR but nobody to actually be a go to guy... Hopefully decker will be good with the Jets, but it would have been nice to take at least one high reward WR... I just am not a fan of depth with no potential in it...

Yes ivory had a good season last year, but he is not the jets future, and neither is chris Johnson, it would have been nice to have better depth at RB, especially with an aging chris Johnson and an often injured ivory... I would have liked to not just have the depth, but also be using 3 RBs...-again this one is just my preference...

I just don't have the faith in this draft, and the problem is that the Jets do not get the benefit of doubt, because they have been so bad historically... I am also a Rex ryan hater...

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a scale of 1-10, I'd give the FO a 7.0 on this draft, just based on primary needs and preliminaries on the players taken.

I'm not gonna dissect it at this point....but will wait to see how they all do and acclimate in camp.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a scale of 1-10, I'd give the FO a 7.0 on this draft, just based on primary needs and preliminaries on the players taken.

I'm not gonna dissect it at this point....but will wait to see how they all do and acclimate in camp.

I like how optimistic you and J-E-T-S are... wish I could be as optimistic... you guys are showing me that I am even more pessimistic than I originally thought I was...

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to be completely true, right now I'm focusing my disdain on the Mets and their woes....with an eye on the Knicks to see what they're gonna do with regards to hiring a new head coach and hopefully trying to keep Melo on the team. I'm sure there will be plenty of time to scrutinize & criticize the Jets ad nauseam as we get closer to week 1 and beyond.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jace Amaro was a great pick. Problem is that the Jets grabbed him because they knew the Patriots had him next on their board. They made a pick to hurt their worst and best rival. Smart move....help yourself and hurt your opponent. It made the Pats go in a totally different direction............they signed an undrafted free agent TE who's 6'8" 285 lbs.

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jace Amaro was a great pick. Problem is that the Jets grabbed him because they knew the Patriots had him next on their board. They made a pick to hurt their worst and best rival. Smart move....help yourself and hurt your opponent. It made the Pats go in a totally different direction............they signed an undrafted free agent TE who's 6'8" 285 lbs.

BigKen whats up!!!

I don't know where any of the other Jets board posters from CBS are, we never shared emails!!!

You were always a friendly pats fan.

J_E_T_S

Rihanna >>> Emma
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk, to me RB's are a dime-a-dozen outside of the top few. This is only Ivory's 5th year...he has a few years left. No need to panic there, i love their RB's.

CB depth and MLB depth could really hurt the defense. Rex is so good at coaching defense that player deficiencies get overlooked.

For once I will agree with press in that...who is QB is the biggest decision of this offseason. To me, whoever looks better in camp is the QB.