• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Diamondbacks Prioritizing Trade For Ace

Orange602

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't positive -- that is why I asked. I thought I read he had close to a 5.00 ERA in the minors last year and his strikeouts dropped off. Was there any word on why that happened? Was he having arm troubles or just one of those seasons?

I honestly can't say. It may have been fatigue or he may have been trying to tweak his mechanics too much. I didn't hear anything about arm problems last year.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevor Bauer can be so good just needs to settle down really weird trade last year by Towers hes such a gunner I dont know how anyone can play consistant on this team so much pressure.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I wrong or has Skaggs struggled in the both the minors and his stint in the majors? I could be wrong. I thought I read something about him struggling last year after being very good a year or two ago.

He's struggled in the majors in both stints, though his K/BB improved this year. You also have to remember he was 21 when he made it to the majors. That's pretty young. His minor league stats are good (especially when you factor in age), he has a 9.8 K/9 throughout the minors and 2.9 BB/9. His 4.02 ERA in AAA doesn't look great, but the PCL is a very tough to league to pitch in. A 4.02 ERA is actually pretty damn good. He has an 8.7 K/9 and 3.2 BB/9 in the PCL. Also, he's thrown around 68 IP in the majors. Not a good sample size.

Tyler Skaggs Minor League Statistics & History - Baseball-Reference.com

I think he'll be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question, what are these two guys like? Are they high end prospects? I have to plead complete ignorance on this one. There were some rumblings, whether real or fabricated by the media, that the Mets could potentially look into a Cespedes deal so I'm curious what trade value for him would be.

Both are very highly regarded. Skaggs was in the top 10 of MLB prospect a year ago, and Pollock has a lot of upside and should be an everyday OF in the bigs for a while.