• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dezmon Briscoe

redbengal1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've been hearing he's been impressing everyone in TB. Why'd we ever let this guy go? He was one of the late round draft picks I liked out of Cincy.

And yes, I know that means we would've had to put him on our active roster and not just practice squad, but I think we coulda found somewhere for this kid to see how he developed. Tons of talent.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Bengals organization likes to keep college teammates together for some odd reason.

He Cosby was the receiver opposite of Shipley in College, taking passes from Colt McCoy, so that's probably why Cosby is still here and not Briscoe. just guessing.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha I remember arguing this exact point one the ESPN board forever. I wanted to keep Briscoe and get rid of Cosby, but "Cosby was critical on special teams. We needed him for punt returns and to block on kickoffs. He was the one that sprung Scott on his kickoff return TD against Pitt." That was everyones reason. And if I recall correctly Flaming was the biggest culprit saying it. LOL god I love to look back on these things.

MABUS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He was claimed off the practice squad by the Buc's who had to leave him on their roster for the full year.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Haha I remember arguing this exact point one the ESPN board forever. I wanted to keep Briscoe and get rid of Cosby, but "Cosby was critical on special teams. We needed him for punt returns and to block on kickoffs. He was the one that sprung Scott on his kickoff return TD against Pitt." That was everyones reason. And if I recall correctly Flaming was the biggest culprit saying it. LOL god I love to look back on these things.

Wrong as usual. It's amazing how often you can be wrong before you ever make a claim that's true. It's kind of scary actually. Eerie, even.

I was a huge advocate of keeping only 2 QB's on the roster just so we could make room for Briscoe. My second option was to drop Simpson before letting go of Briscoe. Nice try though.

That said, I have supported Cosby in the past and was in favor of finding a way to keep him, but not at the expense of Briscoe. Back 2 years ago, he was one of the best punt returners in the league. He was never known for being a breakout threat, but always got you that consistent yardage, kind of like we had with Rudi in the past and now Ced. That was before we decided to give up on special teams and got rid of our best guys in Hebert, Jeanty, and I believe there were a few others. Cosby, not being a breakout threat due to his slow, methodical movements, suffered along with the rest of ST's. The drop in his ST play was also reflected much the same in Scott's drop in ST play (look it up if you don't believe me). Because of all that, Cosby is all but useless to us now.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got some proof to prove me wrong? I remember you saying that about wanting to keep Cosby.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
LOL @ having to prove that I DIDN'T say something. That has to be a joke.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd prove ya did but IDK how to find posts that old on ESPN and nothing is important enough for me to drag my way back to them.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briscoe was on the Tampa practice squad last season. They gave him a deal where he'd be paid like a roster player even though he was on the practice squad. That means us, or any of the other 30 teams could have signed him to an active roster. We didn't and neither did any other team. Maybe we should get off the kid's dick. If he were so good, he wouldn't be a 7th rounder and he wouldn't be a practice squad player.

redbengal1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He played 2 games last year, and the last game he had 4 receptions for 65 yards and a TD. Not bad for a player that young for his second game ever. You can't deny his talent. His stock dropped due to character issues, which he's seemed to clean up.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez Bryant had character issues as well.... He went in the 1st round.

Randy Moss was kicked off of two teams before playing for Marshall. He went in the 1st round.

Dezmon was a 7th rounder/cut from his original team for a reason - He's not that good.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet people were saying the same things about Welker, Colston, Brady etc. Briscoe has 100x the talent Cosby has.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welker is a short kid that turned into a good pro - As soon as teams saw it they went after it. NE paid money to steal him from Maimi. Colston was one of the most famous misses of our generation - the guy was tall, fast, and a good receiver. Somehow nobody saw it at Hofstra. Brady is the shining example of a diamond in a rough. But, for each of those players, wouldn't it be just as easy to point out late round picks that are bagging groceries?

My question to you is this..... If Dez Brisc is so awesome, how were the Bengals so lucky to take him? If he is so great, why are the only teams that were interested when he was freely available the Bengals and the Bucs? Two of the worst franchises in the league.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He has talent or he wouldn't be in the NFL at all. Is he an all-pro receiver? Obviously not, but it's possible that he could become one.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My main point is we let a guy go that was a 2nd-4th round talent to keep a guy who is useless. We made a wrong decision again. Another guy I forgot about is the kid that TB just drafted from Syracuse. Had talent, was a moron, fell to what the 5th round? And then was just awesome this year. We keep making wrong decisions with these late round players that other teams make the right choice on. Briscoe showed he had talent last year in the same way Sinpson did. Neither are all pros but they both have potential to be.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My main point is we let a guy go that was a 2nd-4th round talent to keep a guy who is useless. We made a wrong decision again. Another guy I forgot about is the kid that TB just drafted from Syracuse. Had talent, was a moron, fell to what the 5th round? And then was just awesome this year. We keep making wrong decisions with these late round players that other teams make the right choice on. Briscoe showed he had talent last year in the same way Sinpson did. Neither are all pros but they both have potential to be.

No, they don't. Put down the pipe.