• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez Bryant says “surgery went great"

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Dez Bryant (foot) needed a bone graft in his surgery Monday and is now expected to miss 10-12 weeks.

Initially expected to miss 4-6 weeks, we may not see Bryant until December, if he returns to the field at all this season. A bone graft suggests Bryant's foot was weaker in the fifth metatarsal area and needed more support for the healing process. The Cowboys have discussed short-term I.R. as a possibility for Bryant, but coach Jason Garrett wants Bryant to have "every opportunity" to come back as soon as possible. For now, Devin Street is expected to start for Bryant. If you haven't traded Bryant in redraft, you may have missed the boat.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy. This is the first I have heard of that. Conflicting reports all week. Gotta use that IR spot if you ask me especially if this is true. Of course, instead of the drafting a Qb in the first round like I normally do I took Dez (in my big money league).

Surprised JJ hasn't made a bigger splash for a WR.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, thanks Jarntt- I now feel like puking.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckily Dallas has a good O-line and a good starting QB, so success is still possible, but it's difficult for me not to feel as if Romo's going to have to be the best Romo ever if Dallas is still going to be in the mix come December.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, a little better here. I don't know crap and haven't heard anything from a Cowboy source. Where is N5's wife when you need her. Just posting the blurbs I read:

ESPN's Ed Werder reports that the bone graft performed during Dez Bryant's foot injury improves his chances of coming back within six weeks.

It's telling that the Cowboys haven't placed Bryant on the IR Designated to Return List. That would suggest the team believes his return will come within 6-to-8 weeks. That's more favorable than the grim 10-to-12 week timetable established by NFL.com's Ian Rapoport earlier today. Terrance Williams and Cole Beasley will have expanded roles during his absence.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mort says Oct 25. Bottom line here it's a while. I don't think he is 100 percent for at least 12 weekS if not the season. Yes it's week 2 and I'm panicking already. I just can't get it out of my mind when the real 88 went down in Philly that year. That was the final nail. Yes different time and era, but many can argue who is the best WR in the league. I'm not sure one means as much to his team as Dez does.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't listening to the national media all they do is feed the haters. I get all my info from the Cowboys app. Broddaus seems to always have the inside scoop...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanksgiving would be awesome but early December has always seemed more realistic based on the kinda injury

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't listening to the national media all they do is feed the haters. I get all my info from the Cowboys app. Broddaus seems to always have the inside scoop...

What's BB saying? I agree , he normally has the pulse of the team.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Following bone graft surgery on his foot this past Monday, Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryantcould be facing a 10-12 week recovery, according to NFL.com's Ian Rapoport.

Previously, there had been hope that Bryant could be looking at a four-to-six week recovery, but that may have been on the optimistic side of things.

Per the report, 10 weeks from the injury would be Nov. 22, which is when the Cowboys take on the Dolphins in Week 11. Beyond that, the Cowboys face a short-turnaround, since their next game after that is Nov. 26 (Thanksgiving Day).

With that in mind, Rapoport speculates that if Bryant is "not fully ready for that stretch, the Cowboys might wait the full 12 weeks and have him back for the final five games."

In Bryant's indefinite absence, Terrance Williams is in line to head the team's wideout corps, with the likes of Devin Street and Cole Beasley candidates to see added opportunities in the meantime.

More on the Rapoport story

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes there are still a lot of conflicting reports. I'm still watching that IR thing, not to mention we haven't given the Lions 15 first rounders for Megatron yet.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's BB saying? I agree , he normally has the pulse of the team.

He tweeted nothing has changed as far as the time frame the Cowboys originally thought.