• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Devs vs Panthers Game 6 GDT

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well start this now.

Overall, Game 5 was clearly a huge letdown. I don't know how this team is going to recover from that.

But, I think they will. And when I say that, I mean the entire series. They've definitely made it difficult on themselves, but I just don't have that overbearing feeling that they're going to lose like I normally had in recent playoff meltdowns. I see them winning game 6 by at least two goals. Then, game 7 is going to come down to OT, with none other than Kovy sending us to the second round.

I might be crazy, but I would be crazy to bet against our team.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
dabbs i like to think your right and i hope you are but man i just dont see kovalchuk doing much. something is definitely up with his game. if in fact he is hurt why keep double shifting him? let parise take those mins?

but for game 6

im sure the place will be rocking and it would be a huge letdown to the fans if they let florida win this on home ice. so im going to say just pride at stake they win the game and force a 7th. what happens then im not sure.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dabbs i like to think your right and i hope you are but man i just dont see kovalchuk doing much. something is definitely up with his game. if in fact he is hurt why keep double shifting him? let parise take those mins?

but for game 6

im sure the place will be rocking and it would be a huge letdown to the fans if they let florida win this on home ice. so im going to say just pride at stake they win the game and force a 7th. what happens then im not sure.

this and for christ sake dress Larsson

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I miss something when I wasnt able to to hear the commentary? Why do we think Kovy is hurt?

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Watch how he plays. He is missing that explosive initial jump. Plus if you read the last few days of fire and ice you will see how they "rested" him in practice. Probably groin or hamstring.

Last edited by a moderator:

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I am confident this goes to 7. Refs were pathetic last night. Also Panthers score on a fluke stick break. These high tech fiber glass sticks are garbage. A defenseman like A train should use an old fashion Sherwood. Not like we need him to take that big shot from the point. If his stick doesn't break we kill that penalty.

That thing snapped in thin air.

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NHL is all about extending playoff games then WTF am I watching this crap for.... Just gets me all worked up when the game is not called fairly. I want to choke a zebra through the fucking TV. I'll be sure to tune in on game 7 so I can see an evenly called match.

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope the Devils show up cuz Marty was the only reason this game was even close

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch how he plays. He is missing that explosive initial jump. Plus if you read the last few days of fire and ice you will see how they "rested" him in practice. Probably groin or hamstring.

ah, thought I missed a hit or something

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope the Devils show up cuz Marty was the only reason this game was even close

Agreed, fluke goal aside, because we probably weren't winning regardless the way we were playing, Marty stood on his head in that one. 3 games in a row now where countless rebounds went right into the slot in the Panthers end and we did nothing with them. Can't get a sustained attack going, and we played like bitches. We need more of game 4's physical play.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
so this will have to be like the canes series except reversed? won game 5 at home with a shutout...then go on the road not even showing up and lose game 6. then blow a lead in game 7?

its happened before!

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kovy is obviously playing with a pretty major injury somewhere in the lower body. He looked he could barely move last night. He's got the guts to play it out though. Hopefully today's day off will help him.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I miss something when I wasnt able to to hear the commentary? Why do we think Kovy is hurt?

Its a theory we're developing on the boards... nothing has been said officially but just looking at Kovy out there, something is definitely wrong.

He's not hustling like we know he can, being too passive and lack of energy in our opinions...

Not skating like its a playoff game, so unless he's mentally a fuck up who dont give a sh*t, he has to be holding some injury back.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its a theory we're developing on the boards... nothing has been said officially but just looking at Kovy out there, something is definitely wrong.

He's not hustling like we know he can, being too passive and lack of energy in our opinions...

Not skating like its a playoff game, so unless he's mentally a fuck up who dont give a sh*t, he has to be holding some injury back.

It was obvious last night that he could barely get to 3/4 speed.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he did play that way in the middle of the season for a while too....

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not just the boards TG asked DeBoer if kovy was playing injured last night and he pretty much avoided the question

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/...vils_bad_luck_for_brodeur_flying_rats_a_pain/

Also no practice for the team today :L

Last edited by a moderator:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
he def has to be hurt. unless like you said he is fucked up in the head. he talks about wanting to win he loves to compete all this and that. then when it comes to crunch time he doesnt do much?

something is def up...if not then he really is a bum

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he def has to be hurt. unless like you said he is fucked up in the head. he talks about wanting to win he loves to compete all this and that. then when it comes to crunch time he doesnt do much?

something is def up...if not then he really is a bum

Definitetly not skating like himself grabbing his leg a lot was surely evident on the en goal hr was struggling .hopefully he has a little stevie y in him.Don't forget Yzerman won a cup with a broken leg

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also blame the coaching more than kovy deboer is the biggest goat right now for several reasons