• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DeVonta Smith or Christian Watson

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I currently have Smith on my roster (PPR league).. Should I drop him and pick up Watson?

@TREFF
@SmokingMonkey
@averagejoe
@Fitbud
@SteelersPride
@TKOSpikes
@theFoot

its hard to project Watson... 5 TDs in 2 games is just something that can not go on for longer... and i am just not sure how good his numbers look without the tds... BUT with that said, he looks like the player that will be most likely to get the receiving TDs thrown by Rodgers....

Smith, because he is the WR2 for the eagles, and AJ brown is a TD monster... smith is not really much of a TD threat... sure he will get them... but if i were to bet, i would say Watson should get more TDs...

i guess as i am writing this i am selling myself that watson is better than Smith... But i would definitely lower my expectations of watson...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I currently have Smith on my roster (PPR league).. Should I drop him and pick up Watson?

@TREFF
@SmokingMonkey
@averagejoe
@Fitbud
@SteelersPride
@TKOSpikes
@thedddd
@ThereIsNoPlace
@The Q
tough call.
I don't buy Watson's ridiculous TD percentage the past couple weeks being anywhere near sustainable, however, you never say never if Rodgers decides Watson is the guy to throw TD's to.
FLip side, D. Smith can explode at any given moment that AJ brown doesn't.

I think Watson has less competition for those possibilities, and Smith basically only gets real attention when AJ Brown is eliminated by the defense..so gimme Watson, and pray he maintains Rodgers attention span

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its hard to project Watson... 5 TDs in 2 games is just something that can not go on for longer... and i am just not sure how good his numbers look without the tds... BUT with that said, he looks like the player that will be most likely to get the receiving TDs thrown by Rodgers....

Smith, because he is the WR2 for the eagles, and AJ brown is a TD monster... smith is not really much of a TD threat... sure he will get them... but if i were to bet, i would say Watson should get more TDs...

i guess as i am writing this i am selling myself that watson is better than Smith... But i would definitely lower my expectations of watson...

Yeah I mean Watson was absolutely nothing then all of a sudden wham TD machine... But can he keep it up? Will teams double and possibly even triple team him since now that's basically the Packers entire offense

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough call.
I don't buy Watson's ridiculous TD percentage the past couple weeks being anywhere near sustainable, however, you never say never if Rodgers decides Watson is the guy to throw TD's to.
FLip side, D. Smith can explode at any given moment that AJ brown doesn't.

I think Watson has less competition for those possibilities, and Smith basically only gets real attention when AJ Brown is eliminated by the defense..so gimme Watson, and pray he maintains Rodgers attention span

Smith:

0, 8,23,1,8,10 BYE, 2,2,7,7

Watson:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d rather Smith. Plus, GB has a bye in week 14.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer bias alert!

Gabe
Season 3 Sleeping GIF by The Simpsons

His production has been down as well. He probably have the most potential of the 3

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Watson has less competition for those possibilities,
:agree:
Cant believe i am endorsing him, but no one else has stepped up in that offense.
And Rodgers can be rather fickle.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Smith is safer, but Watson has the higher ceiling. Depends on what you are looking for.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd make that change, but can't give any solid reasons why one over the other now that Goedert is out and GB seems to be getting healthier at WR

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd make that change, but can't give any solid reasons why one over the other now that Goedert is out and GB seems to be getting healthier at WR

Now that Goedert is out, wouldn't that mean Smith would/should get more targets?

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of those three I start Gabe Davis. Allen appears to be getting past his shoulder issue.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that Goedert is out, wouldn't that mean Smith would/should get more targets?

Which is the reason I can't put Watson as a clear easy call over Smith.
I'll typically lean towards the guys that I think are the WR1 on their teams if they have similar ceilings.

Watson has better ceiling but not by as much as when Goedert was healthy, imo

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is the reason I can't put Watson as a clear easy call over Smith.
I'll typically lean towards the guys that I think are the WR1 on their teams if they have similar ceilings.

Watson has better ceiling but not by as much as when Goedert was healthy, imo

So do you think I should stick with Smith?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do you think I should stick with Smith?

No, I'd take the gamble that Watson becomes GB's #1, I was willing to take that jump when Doubs was getting a nice target share from Rodgers. Rodgers was missing a RZ threat and seems to like throwing to the 6'4" Watson now that he's healthy. Still room for improvement too, as the rookie has had some drops.

Smith is a better floor play with Goedert out, just due to the inconsistent nature of the GB passing game this season. WRs been getting hurt on and off all year.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I'd take the gamble that Watson becomes GB's #1, I was willing to take that jump when Doubs was getting a nice target share from Rodgers. Rodgers was missing a RZ threat and seems to like throwing to the 6'4" Watson now that he's healthy. Still room for improvement too, as the rookie has had some drops.

Smith is a better floor play with Goedert out, just due to the inconsistent nature of the GB passing game this season. WRs been getting hurt on and off all year.

Yeah I am in a little bit of a pickle in regards to what I should do here. I mean I know I won't win the regular season because the leader is 10-1 but play-offs I'd like to win it all

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I am in a little bit of a pickle in regards to what I should do here. I mean I know I won't win the regular season because the leader is 10-1 but play-offs I'd like to win it all

Watson pretty easily then, after their wk14 bye, they see Rams, Fins, Vikes, then Lions if you go to wk18, Rodgers should end the year slinging it