• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Devils Enjoying Huge Spike In Attendance

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
im glad its going good but i wonder is it because we arent playing some dead western conference teams? or since we joined the season after x mas when typically the devils draw way better? having games mean a lot more certainly helps instead of looking for someone to go to game #45 of a 82 game grind.

next year is the key though....i do think a lot of the fans in the stands so far this season bought plans from the playoff run obviously and couldnt break out of them because of the lockout. next year is the big year to see if hockey attendance continue to rise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt were at the time in our franchise history where the kids of our original group of fans have grown up and generated a boom in our overall fanbase..which in turn has lead to an attendance spike.

Hard to know for sure what kind of effect the lockout has had on ticket sales..I remember a lot of "experts" were saying that the NHL would experience a huge drop off in attendance. Well so much for that.

Im sure the fact that their havent been any games against the Oilers or Coyotes on a Tuesday have played a positive part for us. Next season when every Western Conference teams plays a game here will be the true test.

Either way its good to have The Rock rockin mostly every game..and even in games against the Rangers and Flyers its 85-90 percent red.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Am I the only one who loves going to games all year long? Lol, obviously the odd blowout going against the Devils hurts, but I love all facets of the game. Hell, I'd watch hockey 12 months a year.

Also, I know of 5 different people who are in their late 20s who all got season tickets for the first time the last couple of years. If you believe the Devils they're doing better and better every year with season ticket holders. Imagine how good they would have been if Zach had stayed and there was no lockout this season.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had season tickets last year, and I agree, some of the random one off games were great. There's a lot of weird, interesting, obscure things that can happen on any given night. I think there were only 2 games where my tickets completely went to waste (couldn't sell or give them away and couldn't/didn't want to go).

I agree though, I fall under the category of people who became fans as a kid in the early/mid 90s and now have disposable income.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking forward to next seasons home games against the Kings and Wild. They should be sellouts.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lesser recognized fact about all these sellouts: More money that the franchise needs.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We might have to have open tryouts with some of these fans. Maybe they can put the puck in the net, possibly.