• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Devils don't sing Blues.....

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah I don't understwnd that parise is just as skilled right? Why can't he get double shifted

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thought I'd post this:

KUBINA WRINKLE

Veteran defenseman Pavel Kubina will be an unrestricted free agent July 1, so naturally if and when the Lightning become sellers, he’d be a man of interest to contending teams.

One wrinkle to note, however. Kubina has a limited no-trade clause, which states the Lightning must ask him for the five teams he’d be willing to move to. That conversation has not yet happened.

I think we could use him, thoughts?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah I don't understwnd that parise is just as skilled right? Why can't he get double shifted

Gameplay style. Parise plays a physically more demanding style along the wall. That obviously tires you out. The difference isn't as much on average as you think either.

Kovy averages 1:30 more than Parise on ES. (2 Shifts)
Parise averages 1:00 more on PK
Kovy averages 1:30 more on the PP (because Kovy plays the whole thing).

Zach also takes more shifts, but Kovy's are longer (note PP time would definitely affect this because Kovy is out there for 2 minutes at a time.)

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good job on those stats MC.
PK is probably the toughest shift during the game. It seems defensively you don't cover a lot of ice but constant stop and goes and play along the boards. Plus throwing body to block shots and being in crouched position...it's not easy.

As for Kovy, when he gets that opportunity to skate up ice and explodes to the highest gear, that's pretty tough too.