• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Developing Story: Jerry Jeudy Arrested

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. A committee of some sort. They interviewed him about it briefly at the draft. I'm 99% sure that's what he said and it's starting this year.
Nevermind this. I was only partially right.

There is a person who decides discipline and that person is jointly chose. By the league and the players union. However Goodell can then throw out everything that person decided and still do whatever the F he wants. Unless that disciplinary person completely decides that zero punishment is needed he can throw the case out and then Goodell can't do anything. If the disciplinary person decided a $100 fine was necessary, Goodell can unilaterally change that to a 3 year suspension or whatever he wants for any reason. So nothing really changed in practice they're just disguising it better so they can pretend they're being fair.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is a person who decides discipline and that person is jointly chose. By the league and the players union. However Goodell can then throw out everything that person decided and still do whatever the F he wants. Unless that disciplinary person completely decides that zero punishment is needed he can throw the case out and then Goodell can't do anything. If the disciplinary person decided a $100 fine was necessary, Goodell can unilaterally change that to a 3 year suspension or whatever he wants for any reason. So nothing really changed in practice they're just disguising it better so they can pretend they're being fair.

Well that's just stupid. Pointless window dressing.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's just stupid. Pointless window dressing.

You say that but it actually has been quite effective process to have Goodell be able to put the hammer down whenever he chooses. NFL players still get in trouble....but a heck of a lot less frequently than they used to.

Heck the Vikings have had a boat scandal in WAY too long.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno. A committee of some sort. They interviewed him about it briefly at the draft. I'm 99% sure that's what he said and it's starting this year.
And you believed him?

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that but it actually has been quite effective process to have Goodell be able to put the hammer down whenever he chooses. NFL players still get in trouble....but a heck of a lot less frequently than they used to.

Heck the Vikings have had a boat scandal in WAY too long.

Maybe, but it shouldn't be a dictatorship.

Most guys aren't stupid enough to get into trouble these days until after they are retired (Earl Thomas) because of all of the money at stake.

There should be a committee and this should not be unilaterally decided by one arrogant and judgemental asshole (and make no mistake, that is exactly what he is).

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you're no longer looking for land in Florida?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but it shouldn't be a dictatorship.

Most guys aren't stupid enough to get into trouble these days until after they are retired (Earl Thomas) because of all of the money at stake.

There should be a committee and this should not be unilaterally decided by one arrogant and judgemental asshole (and make no mistake, that is exactly what he is).

I would argue that Thomas' behavior forced this unwanted retirement.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue that Thomas' behavior forced this unwanted retirement.

There is a case where you know we dont have the full story on.

Earl Thomas got booted from the Ravens for punching a teammate during practice. C'mon. 25% of the NFL would be off a roster right now if punching a teammate during a heated practice session got them booted from the league.

Thomas either did something else....or the Ravens clearly saw something going on with Thomas that they used that as an excuse to get rid of him.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Earl Thomas got booted from the Ravens for punching a teammate during practice. C'mon. 25% of the NFL would be off a roster right now if punching a teammate during a heated practice session got them booted from the league.

Thomas either did something else....or the Ravens clearly saw something going on with Thomas that they used that as an excuse to get rid of him.
Ravens PLAYERS wanted him out of Baltimore. When players want you out that s telling

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think it's clear that Earl Thomas has behavior issues. You're right, it wasn't just the one punch. There is a reason he is not in the league anymore despite being at one time a great player.

So as I said it's his behavior that has lead to his "retirement"