• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Detroit Lions at Chicago Bears

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody knows what these dumb sh*ts are doing. They're literally clamming up in the name of "keeping it together." It's ok. You can't hide what happens on the field and that's all the matters. Posturing bullsh*t to "keep out the negativity" is second to actual results.
A first down or a complete pass may keep the negativity away too.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Nagy press conferences will not be missed when his time comes.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to be convinced Nagy is on the right track until we see one, maybe 2 games where the offense is not a tool to set up a trick play. You want to get cohesiveness with an offensive line, you let them push forward and run straight ahead. You get the ball to your biggest matchup advantages on the field which is one of your 5 tight ends on the roster. Simple football. If your wide receiver making 1.2 million dollars a game cannot get open, then you cannot force the ball to him.
Gotta be an easier matchup than Cleveland with the head start defensive line knowing the snap every play.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many penalties on the Bears. It is a big factor keeping the Lions in the game.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions never cease to amaze me in their sh*ttiness. LOL @ 4 times in the red zone with 0 points. Anyone who bet on them based on last week's results is nuts in the head. I don't care how bad we were vs. the Browns.

Next week will be the next real chapter in the story.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, Monty will be a big loss. A win is a win, right? I am sure Lazor keeps the trick plays in because if he did not use them Nagy would take the play calling back. Stupid challenge in the first half for sure. Just seemed like Nagy had to get involved somehow. I liked how they kept going to him on the sidelines to see if he was watching the game or head down like he was on his cell phone all game with his play sheet.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields is of course far from being the complete package yet, but hot damn the man throws a beautiful deep ball.
yes he does, and Mooney gets open for it. Allen Robinson creates little separation where there is not much of a chance to do any more than throwing into double coverage to get him the ball. If Byrd and Goodwin are still not noticeable I really hope they give Adams a chance. Some combos just click, whether its Brady and Brown or Rodgers and Adams, it just happens some times. Adams gives Fields another guy he can get the ball to.

Bottom line, we got what we expected against a bad team, but like Olin Kreutz said, 4 trips to the red zone would have given Detroit the lead if they got field goals out of the trips. At least Goldman got in the game, but possibly losing both running backs going against the raidas who want to beat a defense into submission with their run game, lets hope the bear players also realize they just beat a bad team.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegas better have a pass rush else Fields will have another solid outing. Given time he sure throws dimes deep!

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cole Kmet is in my doghouse after falling down instead of finishing that sweet play by Fields to spin move the free rusher coming at him and roll out for that pass. We should all be recovering from orgasms from that play right now.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, the Bears weekly reinvent ways to feel like shit after a win. Goddamn shame about Monty. He was off to great start this year. Hicks also left after the first defensive play of the game, with what appeared to be an arm injury. Never returned. Not great. Looked as tho, Damian Williams tweaked something too.

Nagy's gameplan was better, and Fields was better too. Still has a tendency to hold it too long, and not really feel the pressure coming at times. Tendency to float too many balls too, like he's trying to "guide it" in instead of throwing it. Throws a nice deep ball tho, as has been mentioned.

Robert Quinn is off to a Pro Bowl start. Helluva first 4 games. I think it's safe to say last year was an aberration.

Bears safeties had another miscommunication that resulted in a long TD.

But really, we all know the main reason the Bears looked better is because Nagy wore a visor.:thumb:

Oh, and Aquib Talib as Katt Williams cracks me up. lulz

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, the Bears weekly reinvent ways to feel like shit after a win. Goddamn shame about Monty. He was off to great start this year. Hicks also left after the first defensive play of the game, with what appeared to be an arm injury. Never returned. Not great. Looked as tho, Damian Williams tweaked something too.

Nagy's gameplan was better, and Fields was better too. Still has a tendency to hold it too long, and not really feel the pressure coming at times. Tendency to float too many balls too, like he's trying to "guide it" in instead of throwing it. Throws a nice deep ball tho, as has been mentioned.

Robert Quinn is off to a Pro Bowl start. Helluva first 4 games. I think it's safe to say last year was an aberration.

But really, we all know the main reason the Bears looked better is because Nagy wore a visor.:thumb:

Never were truer words spoken than the bold.

Also, Lazor called the plays...not Nagy. Came out in postgame.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard it was the groin with Hicks. Both Monty and Williams did get hurt. Monty much worse.

I hated when Talib blamed Bush for that ball when Jackson had just as much responsibility. It does not help that Jackson goes 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage to start plays so he wont get beat, then just watches them roll into the end zone. He does not seem to have any ball skills whatsoever or is getting held by where the quarterback is looking.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never were truer words spoken than the bold.

Also, Lazor called the plays...not Nagy. Came out in postgame.
The funny part to me was Nagy lost his shit in the post game, Gronks commercial about "but I'm special too" was running thru my head.

But we will credit Nagy for a game plan, and Lazor followed most of it.

It also cracked me up when Lazor did the trick plays, I just thought he figured he better put some in or Nagy will take play calling away. I do not understand putting Fields out wide for a wildcat, he is as good as any runner we have, the play worked, he did not get hurt, but I dont see the thought they are tricking the defense with a running back instead of a 4.4 runner.