• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Despite 51 points, the cornerbacks played well...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I know the defense gave up 51. But I felt like the cornerbacks played pretty well yesterday all things considered. Carr, Claiborne and Scandrick all maintained pretty solid coverage for most of the day despite very little pass rush. Not to mention going up against maybe the greatest qb to ever play and a great receiving core in a historically prolific offense.

In the post game handshakes I heard Peyton tell Scandrick "great game". Didn't seem like lip service.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The LB's are the major problem in coverage , the flats and the middle of the field are wide open constantly

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's get real. This defense sux and so does the secondary. I bet the skins put up 40 points next week

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The LB's are the major problem in coverage , the flats and the middle of the field are wide open constantly

I don't agree with that. While I do think the underneath routes were much too easy yesterday for Denver and I think the LBs were poor yesterday and have been for a good part of this year in coverage. I think it is because they are asked to do a little too much at times. I think they were dropping back too quickly and that led to easy completions, but I'm not sure if that was their doing, or if that is what they were told to help prevent the bigger plays. Our secondary can't get a pass since that is their primary function and they have been no better than our LBs so far this year. You don't give up 400 yards per game passing because of your LBs being the major problem. Team effort IMO.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with that. While I do think the underneath routes were much too easy yesterday for Denver and I think the LBs were poor yesterday and have been for a good part of this year in coverage. I think it is because they are asked to do a little too much at times. I think they were dropping back too quickly and that led to easy completions, but I'm not sure if that was their doing, or if that is what they were told to help prevent the bigger plays. Our secondary can't get a pass since that is their primary function and they have been no better than our LBs so far this year. You don't give up 400 yards per game passing because of your LBs being the major problem. Team effort IMO.

In the Tampa 2 scheme the LB need to get to a certain depth and they haven't figured it out all year, and far as the CB's they are not evening being used to their strength which is press coverage, not zone......

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tampa 2 needs tweaking IMHO

You need a nickel package taking out one of the linebackers They have been killing us all year with TE and RB over the middle and in the flat. If they don't address this quick this defense will continue to get hosed week after week.

JMHO

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tampa 2 needs tweaking IMHO

You need a nickel package taking out one of the linebackers They have been killing us all year with TE and RB over the middle and in the flat. If they don't address this quick this defense will continue to get hosed week after week.

JMHO

:agree:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Tampa 2 scheme the LB need to get to a certain depth and they haven't figured it out all year, and far as the CB's they are not evening being used to their strength which is press coverage, not zone......

In the "normal" Tampa 2, the MLB covers the deep middle of the field like Urlacher used to with a safety on each side - like a cover 3. The other 2 LBs have responsibility for everything in the short middle with a CB on either side. That is not what we have been doing as our normal defense.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can go back to numerous plays during that game and find things, but the play that killed me most defensively was the third and 10 completion to Moreno right in the middle of the field, when it was 48-41.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Definitely not giving the seccondary a pass. The safeties were not good enough yesterday, but I thought the cb's did their job.

What will this team do with bruce Carter? He's been pretty bad in zone.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter is having his trouble yes but this has more to do with scheme. How on 2nd and goal from the 16 is Ernie Sims covering Welker. It came after a penalty , so the hurry up by Manning doesnt factor in. There was time to get another DB in.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cornerbacks got owned. The only reason Manning stopped bombing away to Decker and Thomas is because our LB's and Safeties couldn't contain Larry Allen and Nate Newton in coverage. If Romo hadn't had an all time great day, if he had an Eli like 7 punt, 3 pick game, the Bronco's would have hung 80 on us

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the bottom line is that they don't have the talent to play any style of defense at a high level on a consistent basis.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the bottom line is that they don't have the talent to play any style of defense at a high level on a consistent basis.

I agree with this. Switching to the 4-3 at the drop of a hat was pretty Idiotic. First, who could blame Ryan for last season with the puppy crap personnel he had on the field the last 6 weeks. If you want to fire Ryan(over Garrett??), OK, but hire another 3-4 guy, or at least someone who plays multiple fronts. Even Parcells didn't start out 3-4 here day one. But Jerry hires a guy that is Tampa from the word jump? If we have any more injuries, this could be a historically bad unit. Even though Escobar and Williams have played better lately, if you are going to change defensive schemes, you have to devote draft picks to players who fit it.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. Switching to the 4-3 at the drop of a hat was pretty Idiotic. First, who could blame Ryan for last season with the puppy crap personnel he had on the field the last 6 weeks. If you want to fire Ryan(over Garrett??), OK, but hire another 3-4 guy, or at least someone who plays multiple fronts. Even Parcells didn't start out 3-4 here day one. But Jerry hires a guy that is Tampa from the word jump? If we have any more injuries, this could be a historically bad unit. Even though Escobar and Williams have played better lately, if you are going to change defensive schemes, you have to devote draft picks to players who fit it.

The word I heard on hiring Kiffin was that he was a guy Lacewell was in love with, and he convinced Jerry that was the right move to make. The rumor was that Jason liked the guy from AZ that went to CL. In any event, poor personnel management put them in a bad position no matter what they did.

Andresrenee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Jerrah is a horrible GM! This defense is AWFUL!

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ray Horton is the one with Cleveland I believe. He was a sefety with Dallas in the late 80s, early 90s.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why hire another 3-4 guy. We have been in the 3-4 since 2004 or 05 and never truely had the personnel to man a 3-4 DL. The guys we had on the team were/are better suited for the 4-3. You have to remember, besides Spencer handful of snaps 4 key DL we planned on using haven't played this year.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. I think our personnel fits a 4-3 better than a 3-4. It's actually a pretty sad statement to make since we weren't in a 4-3 until this year, but we do fit a 4-3 pretty well. I'm not using injuries as an excuse for poor play or losses, but if you are going to say we don't fit a 4-3 you need to add in Spencer, Crawford, Bass and Ratliff. Our run defense has been pretty good and our nickel defense has always been a 4-3 and it's our pass defense that has been getting shredded. Also, we would have the same secondary regardless of what defense we play.