• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Derrick Shelby Arrested

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins' versatile and usually reliable DE Derrick Shelby was recently arrested. I hope that he learns from his mistake. It's not good for the team or him. DE was one of the deepest positions on the team at the beginning of the year. Wake & OV both have pro-bowl level talent yet Shelby is an impact player that has been the best DE off the bench. Jordan is out until 10/20. Fede could be a solid player but he's been injured. I really like what C. McCain brings as a pass rusher but I think he lacks the size at 250lbs to stop the run. D'Aundre Reed is a DE that is on the practice squad. I don't know if he's ready to play vs the Packers. One of the options is to play one of their DT's at DE when Wake & OV need a rest. Long drives by the Fins offense could also help if Shelby has to miss time.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I am hearing he's pleading not guilty. I doubt that he'll miss any time....but if he does it will give guys like Fede a chance.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fede showed a lot of potential before his injury. I don't know if he's fully healthy. He may be. A good option is J Odrick. He has played DE so he could play some at that position if needed. I hope that you are right RE Shelby not missing time. He probably just got too drunk & acted like a dummy. I don't think he has a history of legal offenses so maybe they cut him some slack. I hope that he doesn't become a repeat offender because he has a bright future & the team needs his help on the field.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another black eye for this team....anyone still believe Philbin should be a head coach in this league? Yes, these things happen on ALL NFL squads....but this type of behavior has really become pretty normal in Miami. So disheartening....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another black eye for this team....anyone still believe Philbin should be a head coach in this league? Yes, these things happen on ALL NFL squads....but this type of behavior has really become pretty normal in Miami. So disheartening....

cards_fins1,

When it involves a player arrest, Philbin and the team act very decisively( see Chad Johnson & now Shelby is being suspended without pay for his first criminal offense.)I don't blame Philbin for how he's handled these players. On the other Fins' embarrassment: Philbin erred greatly by letting Incognito be a team leader. He at best didn't know about the treatment of Martin or ignored it. Either way that's a mistake. Philbin was in an awkward spot. Incognito was a team leader & well respected. Also, he needed to lead his former boss (M. Sherman) & also discipline Incognito. As a first year head coach, he didn't make some needed decisions. The matter has since been dealt with. The whole oline is new now (besides Pouncey )& Sherman is gone. The team even changed the way that team leaders are chosen in an effort to avoid the influence that a guy like Incognito could have in the future. Cards-fins1, these issues are in the past. I think Philbin has learned from these situations. He was a first time head coach that came into a tough situation. The issue now is can he lead the team to the playoffs? That's what he needs to prove in my opinion. Enjoy the game cards-fin1 and all.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cards_fins1,

When it involves a player arrest, Philbin and the team act very decisively( see Chad Johnson & now Shelby is being suspended without pay for his first criminal offense.)I don't blame Philbin for how he's handled these players. On the other Fins' embarrassment: Philbin erred greatly by letting Incognito be a team leader. He at best didn't know about the treatment of Martin or ignored it. Either way that's a mistake. Philbin was in an awkward spot. Incognito was a team leader & well respected. Also, he needed to lead his former boss (M. Sherman) & also discipline Incognito. As a first year head coach, he didn't make some needed decisions. The matter has since been dealt with. The whole oline is new now (besides Pouncey )& Sherman is gone. The team even changed the way that team leaders are chosen in an effort to avoid the influence that a guy like Incognito could have in the future. Cards-fins1, these issues are in the past. I think Philbin has learned from these situations. He was a first time head coach that came into a tough situation. The issue now is can he lead the team to the playoffs? That's what he needs to prove in my opinion. Enjoy the game cards-fin1 and all.
Thanks, I appreciate it and I hope you enjoy the game as well. I think up until the last two games of last season, I was feeling pretty good about the job Philbin was doing. Of course I was more than a little bit concerned with 'bullygate' among other internal issues that seemed to be plaguing the fins, but winning clearly cures almost anything. When Miami got their asses handed to them (once in Miami-ouch) in each of the final two games last season, EVERYTHING else seemed to be a pretty big deal. The locker room issues, the inability to prepare his team, the pathetic clock management......perhaps I've been a bit impatient w/Philbin and Tannehill, but several anonymous GMs have said in the past that Miami has the talent to consistently make the playoffs-yet we can't seem to compete with the Bills and the Chiefs? Like I've said before, we are getting ready to finally see just what exactly this team truly is.....I will be the first on here to congradulate THill and eat a healthy serving of crow if he goes out today and out plays Rogers. But I really don't want to hear any lame excuses for him if he lays another egg.......

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have to out play rogers he just needs to do his job and protect the rock. It's a team game everyone needs to do their part and they have a chance. They should be running 50% of the time if not that's on the coaches which set the players up for failure....