• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Derrick Brooks and Willie McGinest

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Their top five current LBs in the NFL. From NFL Network:

Derrick Brooks:

1. Patrick Willis
2. Terrell Suggs
3. DeMarcus Ware
4. London Fletcher
5. Lance Briggs

He would have put in Bowman as his "5 1/2" LB if they would have let him.

Willie McGinest:

1. DeMarcus Ware
2. Terrell Suggs
3. Patrick Willis
4. Lance Briggs
5. Tamba Hali

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Correct me if I'm wrong but Derrick Brooks didn't get to retire on his own terms...
Just awful that he was shown the door like he was

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tamba Hali? Who?

Honestly, I don't even know who he plays for or what his credentials are. I have to investigate.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tamba Hali? Who?

Honestly, I don't even know who he plays for or what his credentials are. I have to investigate.

Even as a 3-4 OLB, his numbers aren't top-5 LB in the league. Willie McGinnest should go get his head checked for PTSD due to concussions.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Not a fan of putting 3-4 OLB on the list in the first place and they should have their own list.

A 3-4 OLB is more akin to a DE standing up than your Butkus, Singletary, Lewis type of LB. It would be like comparing Guards and Tackles or CBs and Safeties.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hali is on KC and can be a force. He had a pretty stellar year and signed a huge extension then played well last year if I remember correctly.
I wouldn't say top 5, but probably top 10. The guy really has great hands and technique.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Totally random thought, but does anyone think Ahmad Brooks has the potential to reach that elite level of LB play? He was a terror towards the end of the year and in the postseason last year. He's always had great physical ability. I know it's probably optimistic to hope his play will get better after signing a huge contract, but he's only been playing OLB for 3 seasons. And before coming to SF, Brooks was kind of a screw up.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally random thought, but does anyone think Ahmad Brooks has the potential to reach that elite level of LB play? He was a terror towards the end of the year and in the postseason last year. He's always had great physical ability. I know it's probably optimistic to hope his play will get better after signing a huge contract, but he's only been playing OLB for 3 seasons. And before coming to SF, Brooks was kind of a screw up.

Good question - Brooks, by my analysis, is about a 1/2 step shy of being Aldon. If Brooks can work on his release and/or improve his various techniques to pick-up that 1/2 step then I believe he can be a double-digit sack master.