• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Derek Carr

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gun-Shy eh?? Maybe.. What makes these kind of boards great is they are OPEN to everybody.. Bring it NFL fans, lets chop it up.. Every team has a weakness.. Where is S7 to flood the board with Raider KOOL-AID?? Anyways, great offseason, A+ draft, reports saying Schaub and Carr looking real good etc..
If the team gels?? Anything can happen.. If we bust?? Gruden or Shaw will have a young team with a good mix of Vets and 60M in cap money to start over.. Either way we WIN..
Dang man can Hayden ever stay healthy?? Maybe we should make a play for Flowers??

On paper the Raider offseason was one of the best in quite some time, we added some good pieces and really got aggressive on defense, if we can run a solid balanced offense and keep the turnovers minimal we should be more competitive than we have in the past few ho-hum seasons. Staying healthy and in good condition throughout the season should be of paramount concern, we are flying to London and spending a good amount of time on the east coast in the first half of the schedule, I think if we can get through the first 8 with a .500 record we could stand a decent chance to put some heat on the AFC West frontrunners. If we fail to perform through those games there probably not enough opportunities to gain ground in the second half.

Sactown Boom!

Lurker Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it looks like Carr has over taken McGloin, and is taking second string snaps and is pecking at the heels of Schaub!! Dang!! And all reports say Schaub if looking freakin GREAT!!
Im good with the ProBowler Schaub starting.. Its good to hear that our draft pick with ALL the tools to be a franchise QB is looking good so far!! Yup it sure is..
But Idaho, Carr has not played any games yet!! No Carr and all other rookies have not.. All we got to go on is what they are doing up to this point.. And so far Carr has the fastest release of our QBs, as well as one of the strongest arms in the game, smart accurate etc.. UP to this point..
Dang this board needs more Raider fans, trolls, fans, anybody!! This is a great board and site!! Im shocked there is sooooo few Raider fans on it..

Let's not forget no one has put on any pads yet. Last year this time they were talking about how Tyler Wilson might threaten for the starting QB job.

Tyler. Wilson.

So yeah, great that Carr is above McGloin on the depth chart, as well should be expected from a guy taken #36 overall to a guy not chosen by anyone at all the year before. But I'll keep my enthusiasm in check until the games start.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Wilson is not Derek Carr, not in this world anyways.. Carr was a high 2 round pick in one of the deepest drafts in the last 20 years, who most said had the best pure arm talent in this draft.. Wilson was a 4 round pick in the weakest draft in the last 20 years.. Oh a few beat writers said he looked ok, and DA came out and said he had moxie, that being Wilson.. Everybody from DA, Olson, Beat writers, NFL Network, ESPN, etc, are saying Carr has the goods and could be the best rookie QB.. I dont know about you, but its good to hear that for a change, MAYBE just MAYBE the Raiders got it right for a change??
Its hard not to get the hype flowing when we hear that about Carr, who we ALL know has the tools to be great.. Will he struggle?? Of course he will, ALL rookies struggle..
Heck, 2 time Pro-bowler Schaub, McGloin who the NFL world knows can ball.. Rookie Carr!! New D, Big Mammoth OL!! Lets play ball baby!! And let the chips fall were they fall.. IM ALL IN..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those first 8 games are the key flaraider.. Like you said we need to go at least 500 in those games..
Stay healthy, RUN the ball, NO TOs, play good D, with good coaching!! Do that?? 500 is in the bag..

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it looks like Carr has over taken McGloin, and is taking second string snaps and is pecking at the heels of Schaub!! Dang!! And all reports say Schaub if looking freakin GREAT!!
Im good with the ProBowler Schaub starting.. Its good to hear that our draft pick with ALL the tools to be a franchise QB is looking good so far!! Yup it sure is..
But Idaho, Carr has not played any games yet!! No Carr and all other rookies have not.. All we got to go on is what they are doing up to this point.. And so far Carr has the fastest release of our QBs, as well as one of the strongest arms in the game, smart accurate etc.. UP to this point..
Dang this board needs more Raider fans, trolls, fans, anybody!! This is a great board and site!! Im shocked there is sooooo few Raider fans on it..

Schaub is as good as it gets in shorts. Put any heat on him in real games and we know the 100+ metaphors. They all apply to Schaub.

Carr needs to play with the 1's in pre-season throughout. We don't want to turn him into David Carr, so
maybe 8 games behind Schaub and then unleash Derek.

Sactown Boom!

Lurker Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't want to turn him into David Carr, so
maybe 8 games behind Schaub and then unleash Derek.

The only way that is a good scenario is if we are like 2-6 after 8 games, and the season is lost already. I'd rather err on the optimistic side and think we don't see Carr until week 13 - or not at all this year.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schaub has been pretty good his whole career till last year, his numbers prove that.. Im good with Schaub starting, but if Carr beats him out and we start him im good with that as well.. Whoever gives us the best chance to WIN,thats who you want to roll with..
Oh that chick Molly from NFL AM is a BABE!! Just had to throw that out there..
Anyways, Vet, Rookie does it really matter as long as you WIN??

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way that is a good scenario is if we are like 2-6 after 8 games, and the season is lost already. I'd rather err on the optimistic side and think we don't see Carr until week 13 - or not at all this year.

I can agree with that.... :suds:

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schaub has been pretty good his whole career till last year, his numbers prove that.. Im good with Schaub starting, but if Carr beats him out and we start him im good with that as well.. Whoever gives us the best chance to WIN,thats who you want to roll with..

Schaub has been decent. I will look up how many pick 6's he throws at the most inopportune time, even in past years. Maybe he will resurrect himself but I wouldn't count on it because he's never had a rocket
for an arm, so he must have excellent decision making and timing. I don't see those paramount attributes.

Carr is more athletic, has a NFL arm with some touch. 2nd rdrs are under contract for 4 years, unlike 1st's that have a 5th yr option, so I'd like to get Carr some serious p.t. so his rookie season isn't his
2nd and then it's only another 2 before free agency. Carr has to win the job so we can get him experience like Seattle did with Russell Wilson, who is entering his 3rd year. I hope Carr can run that course, so when he's entering his 3rd year, he's firing on all cylinders.

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought this was funny. A Houston bar ran a Schaub "pick 6" Burger.

He now has 13 pick 6's in his career. That is poor decision making, especially with the talent he had in Houston. How does anyone throw a pick 6 in 4 straight games? That's unheard of.

Let's go Carr!

Houston restaurant offers 'Pick Six' Matt Schaub burger - CBSSports.com

Alzado77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr is going to be really good

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NickThe Greek, Ya Schaub has chucked some pick 6s in his career, and looked ugly last year.. Not all those Pick6s were his fault though, some bounced right off the WRs hands and into the DBs hands.. But they still count as pick 6s.. The Texans are going to be hating life this year with Fitz as their QB, and wished they had Schaub back..Karma its a bitch.. We are going to Power RUN the football this year, which should limit Schaub or Carr to 25-30 throws a game.. Play Action football in which Schaub is a beast at.. Schaub loves him some TEs.. Rivera= Pro-Bowl this year.. No doubt in my mind if he stays healthy.. Heck who gave Andre Johnson all those great passes?? Schaub bro, it takes two to make that happen.. I agree with Carr as well.. With his arm, vertical ALL day.. 3 Wide with Reece out of the back, Rivera down the seam.. With a ARM like Carr, the whole playbook opens up, if hes ready..
77 i agree with you, Carr could be great.. Schaub has his hand full with rookie Carr!!

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NickThe Greek, Ya Schaub has chucked some pick 6s in his career, and looked ugly last year.. Not all those Pick6s were his fault though, some bounced right off the WRs hands and into the DBs hands.. But they still count as pick 6s.. The Texans are going to be hating life this year with Fitz as their QB, and wished they had Schaub back..Karma its a bitch.. We are going to Power RUN the football this year, which should limit Schaub or Carr to 25-30 throws a game.. Play Action football in which Schaub is a beast at.. Schaub loves him some TEs.. Rivera= Pro-Bowl this year.. No doubt in my mind if he stays healthy.. Heck who gave Andre Johnson all those great passes?? Schaub bro, it takes two to make that happen.. I agree with Carr as well.. With his arm, vertical ALL day.. 3 Wide with Reece out of the back, Rivera down the seam.. With a ARM like Carr, the whole playbook opens up, if hes ready..
77 i agree with you, Carr could be great.. Schaub has his hand full with rookie Carr!!

We can't agree on everything. I'm just not a Schaub fan at this stage. He doesn't have a NFL arm and is a finesse passer. Anyone can throw a pass to Andre Johnson and he'll come up with it. You're seeing the glass half full with some of Schaub's nice throws. I see a QB that is no longer mentally there and lacks confidence. That's a bad recipe for a NFL QB. I see the glass as half empty, unfortunately.

Hopefully, Carr will take control of pre-season, show leadership, get confidence of the staff and team, and grow because it won't happen overnight.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NickTheGreek, its not about the glass half empty half full bro, for me anyways.. Its about?? Can Schaub regain his pro-bowl form?? If he does we will be in most games if not all games.. We are 6 deep at WRs, young star in the making TE in Rivera, RBs up the ying yang, and a NEW rebuilt OL.. Lets see what he does with ALL those weapons.. New system, coaches, players, pretty much a new start.. If he fails?? Lets hope not, but if he does?? We got young phenom Carr to take the lead.. I agree with you 100% on Carr, and i WANT to see him play..
But lets see what Schaub with a monster chip on his shoulder can do?? The cream will rise to the top..
The game plan is to power RUN, and spread the ball around, Rich Gannon ball with Schaub..
With Carr, its power RUN, vertical ball..AL Davis ball.. Just WIN..

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can't agree on everything. I'm just not a Schaub fan at this stage. He doesn't have a NFL arm and is a finesse passer. Anyone can throw a pass to Andre Johnson and he'll come up with it. You're seeing the glass half full with some of Schaub's nice throws. I see a QB that is no longer mentally there and lacks confidence. That's a bad recipe for a NFL QB. I see the glass as half empty, unfortunately.

Hopefully, Carr will take control of pre-season, show leadership, get confidence of the staff and team, and grow because it won't happen overnight.

That's not fair, Schaub spread it around pretty good in Houston, and most of his highlights are of good anticipation and finesse, he doesn't have to have the rocket arm for this to work. Smart money is certainly against him but that doesn't mean he couldn't turn it around and define his career with the Oakland Raiders. Andre Johnson is good to have on your team, but it takes 2 to tango, Schaub can be a good quarterback with the weapons we have here, I love a good comeback story en sech. Protecting him will be key, given time Schaub can make good decisions.

I'll go out on a limb and say Matt Schaub will throw 20 TDs and 10 INTs in 2014.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So since Idaho wanted a little more smack talk I thought I would come here with a couple of questions. What weapons do you actually see on this offense? James Jones is a decent receiver but right now he is the #1 receiver on the team. I like him as a player but for a big chunk of his career he has maybe played 3rd fiddle. I mean he hasn't had a 1000 yard season in his career and that was with going against maybe the 3rd or 4th best corner on a team. After him is some young potential but even some of them have had a few years to show something and just haven't hardly done anything.

At TE they have a 2nd year guy that has shown some promise but still has a long ways to go. At RB they have 2 of the more injury prone guys over the last couple of years and the injury Jones-Drew suffered is one they say the pain never fully goes away for a player.

I guess just as an outsider looking in I just don't see these great weapons that Schaub or Carr are supposed to have. Schaub had an All-Pro Receiver and RB while also having one of the top OL's in all of football in front of him to now going before an OL that has a lot of new moving pieces that will take some time to gel if they ever do and some very young (given there is potential) players that will take some time to develop some chemistry with while also exercising his own demons of last season.

Honestly not meaning any disrespect on this post just wondering if there is something I am missing. I realize I don't know the Raiders as well as any of you so I could be totally off base.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello cd nice of you to drop by.. Now lets see.. Streater, DMo, Jones, Holmes, Little, Butler, Jenkins, Criner.. All fighting for reps all looking good so far.. ALL but Jones came alive with UDFA McG at QB last year when Pryor got hurt.. ALL super fast that can play ball, throw in a VET former pro-bowl QB that knows how to spread the ball around thats going to prove he can still ball.. Well you get the point..
1# WR is a little overrated, Meratron, Fitz, etc cats that never really get to playoffs.. QB makes the WRs!!
Heck who is Seattle #1 WR?? Or your WRs till PM got there??
MJD, DMAC, Murrary 6-3 240 4.4 who we put on the pup last year should be enough along with Reece.. We are going to send ALL of them wave after wave.. Look at Rivera #s and compare them to the top TEs drafted that year, is it safe to say that rookies will get better from year to year?? Or does that only work for your team??
Injury prone is what you got as well, Talib always hurt, Ware broke his neck and hurt as well, Clady, Heck did Ward get busted for something as well?? See bro we ALL have problems..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to spread the ball around baby!! We are going to send big super fast WRs and RBs and TEs over and over and over.. Dmac gets hurt we got MJD, He gets hurt, Big WR speed Murray, he gets hurt, Reece.. Same with the WRs.. Penn, Jackson, Wiz2, Howard, Watson, Boothe, McCants, Bergs, KB!! All big dudes that can play all up and down that line.. We are coming for your team bro!! Our D is DEEP WITH #1 RATED D player by most in MackAttack!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying we don't have problems. Every team does and it is why in the NFL a team can go from one of the worst to one of the best in a hurry. I actually think the Raiders had one of the better Off Seasons in the NFL with a decent draft (hate that you guys got Khalil Mack) and brought in some decent veterans (not sure what the thought process was in bringing in aging veterans instead of some younger potential to try and build the team but we shall see).

Now not sure where you are getting that those players lit it up when McGloin came in. Jennings had a couple of nice games and a couple of receivers had a couple of nice games but otherwise it was all pretty average at best. You are right a good quarterback can make the difference so I do expect their production to go up. I don't quite see the game changers that you do but hey the NFL is all about proving people wrong so who knows. Very excited to see some more competitive games this year as honestly the AFC West just isn't as fun when the Raiders are at the bottom. Feels a lot better to beat you guys when you are good.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive read alot of you guys talk about how great his arm is

every single draft profile i looked at says he has a good arm, not a great arm, and nfl caliber arm..........where are you guys seeing this