• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Derek Carr

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post cd.. Im not saying our guys are some elite monsters, cuz the truth is you dont need great beasts everywhere.. Good D play along with Great QB play, and coaching, is all you need.. Of coarse you NEED good play everywhere, but they dont ALL need to be beast.. I would rather have 3 WRs with 900 to 1000 yards and 5 to 6 TDs, than 1 WR with 1400 yards and 5 to 6 TDs, and no other help.. Same with the RBs.. If you have 2 or 3 RBs with each one around 7 to 800 yards and 5 to 6 TDs.. Its harder to game plan for that many players, than it is for 1 or 2 players.. By the second half you got their D on its heels sucking wind!! And that is were you put them away, keep their star QB on the bench and beat that D up in the second half.. Thats how you play ball bro.. Now im not saying that we WILL do that!! But the way Reggie put this team together with the players he got and the draft, that is how he wants to play.. Schaub, FAs, Draft, and coaching need to come together and gel as a team!! Do that and maybe we see that kind of ball??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree I would rather have a balanced offense as that is the better way to keep teams guessing. I will say for the RB position though I would rather have one really good stud. The RB position is one of those that usually the good backs get better with the more carries they have through a game. It takes a bit of time to get the flow of the game down and see how a team is attacking to know where a hole is going to open up. So having 3 guys get 10 carries each might actually hurt more than help.

I will say Oakland's biggest issue will be as you said being able to come together as a team. OL probably of all the positions on the field is the one where you need players to gel and with so many new faces on the OL I question whether they will be ready at the beginning of the season for such a thing. It would not surprise me to see Oakland struggle early but then pull together by the end of the year. WR and QB is another spot that is going to take some time. Honestly the best thing Oakland could do is commit to one quarterback very quickly into training camp. The longer they split snaps between Schaub and Carr the more the team will struggle as they won't have the time to develop the chemistry needed with the WR's, RB's, and TE's. Honestly this is why I think it would be smart for Oakland to commit to Carr this season pretty quickly. He is the future and with so much change in the roster this year it most likely will take some time to develop as a whole group. Give Carr a chance to learn on the go and develop chemistry and by next year the Raiders could be a real contender.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hows come no one answered me about carr, i was asking seriously........not trolling

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SteelerFan, its all out there on the world wide web.. You just need to put the work in..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, other than Gabe Jackson, the OL is full of guys that have been there done that.. Those guys are Pros.. But you are right, only one returning starter on that OL.. Wiz2!! Penn is a pro he should pick it up pretty easy, Jackson is a 2 All-American in the SEC, so we know he can block, and if he is not ready we got KB that can play LG and do it pretty good till Jackson is ready.. Howard was a beast run blocker and a good pass blocker for the Jets at RT.. We moved him to RG, should be no problem for him.. Watson is the wild card here at RT!! The good news here is that we got one of the best OL coaches in the game coaching these boys up in Sparano..
Word has it Schaub has looked very good, has picked up the O making the right line calls etc..
Same goes with Carr.. If Schaub can regain his form, we let Carr sit for a year which is the plan all along.. Let him learn soak it up, OL gel for the year!! Then unleash him on the AFC West next year!! The reason he got some 1st team reps is cuz he is alot better than the Raiders thought at this point in his career.. Get him ready as well cuz Ya never know!! DMAC does not get paid unless he plays!! Has all the talent in the world, but we know his story, lets see what MJD pushing him will do.. The Raiders want it is sooo bad!!

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like the consensus is the best arm in the draft with a need to refine his mechanics, some concern that he played too much spread and will need to work to become a pocket passer, but has great speed and yes, I believe these guys are saying a great arm, the best raw talent QB in the draft. I don't mind if you don't see it, as he hasn't done anything yet except put up stellar numbers and a couple of pretty big wins at Fresno State, which by most accounts say he carried the Bulldogs and was a, here's that word again, great leader. I am pretty happy he fell to the Raiders in the 2nd, and can't wait to see him in the S&B.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this.
I also think Derek Carr will win out as the starting QB.

I haven't heard much about Derek Carr this offseason, and was wondering how he's been progressing? I thought he was one of the best QB's in the draft this year.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard much about Derek Carr this offseason, and was wondering how he's been progressing? I thought he was one of the best QB's in the draft this year.

From a CBS website on Derek Carr 7-24-2014

OAKLAND RAIDERS
Key battle: Matt Schaub vs. Derek Carr, quarterback.
Conventional wisdom says Matt Schaub will be the Week 1 starter in Oakland, but the Raiders don't use conventional wisdom so I'm not going to either.
Coach Dennis Allen has already proved once during his Raiders tenure that he's not going to start a quarterback just because the Raiders traded for him and just because they owe that quarterback a lot of money.
Last season, Terrelle Pryor won a quarterback battle with Matt Flynn, even though Flynn went into camp as the starter.
If Carr looks better than Schaub, then there's no reason not to play him and by all accounts, Carr has looked pretty solid so far. Just ask Raiders offensive coordinator Greg Olson.
"I really, really like him," Olson said of Carr in June. "Everybody knew he was accurate, but he is more accurate than we thought... We'll have to wait and see how he does against a live rush, but so far his intelligence, accuracy and quickness in getting the ball out has been excellent."
For a rookie quarterback, it doesn't get much better than a nice June compliment from your new offensive coordinator.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone looks good in shorts... Any updates in training camp?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. He shouldn't have a very hard time beating out Free-Hand Schaubs.