• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Depth Chart Game

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Hilman. I think he showed more power last yr and looked the best he has since joining team. I'm basing my thoughts on his chances of making roster by what I've been reading regarding his adjustments so far up to this point. He hasn't got a lot of positive feedback thus far unlike Bibbs and Thompson have. It's still early and lots of things can happen between now and preseason cuts.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So everyone sees Ronnie Hillman as a dead man walking? Just curious. I still think Hillman could provide a better change of pace back than Thompson or Bibbs.

I guess to me I view the whole change of pace back idea of a little overrated. I mean I actually like that for this upcoming season we will have Anderson who can run up the middle and carry the load followed by another guy that can run up the middle and carry the load if needed. It means that our run game from the 1st snap to the final snap should have a very rested RB that can really wear down a defense. Beyond Ball and Anderson from what I have been hearing Thompson and Bibbs have both looked very comfortable in our new system. Hillman seems to be the one that is really struggling to understand the one cut and go system so far. Ball has had a little bit of struggle but he played in a similar system in college so I expect him to get it soon enough.

Now if Hillman makes the team I won't be surprised at all as I do think the guy has some talent and showed something last year that I hadn't seen out of him yet. The pads come on soon enough and we finally get to separate the men from the boys.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Cd, I`am a little torn on the "rb committee" thing. Yes they stay fresher and maybe maybe not it prevents injuries. I suppose a tired back is susceptible to injury, but also a back sitting on sideline can get cold and injured as well. Most of the good backs you hear talk mention how sometimes it takes a while to get their rythem, feel,etc and once the do they get hot and don`t want to be out of game for very long. I can def understand that. Being "spelled" for a few plays or one series is much dif than multiple ones as in the committee approach where a back can be out for longer periods and lose his momentum and feel for the game. It`s a toughy. You also like to see the other guys get their shot too to showcase their talent as well. It can work both ways for sure but if you asked the rb....he would say "leave me in coach,I`am ready to play, every day" da da da something something:noidea::D. PS. Just read Bleacher Report article and this "writer" said Hilman has impressed as quoted from Kubs. So I guess we`ll see come pre-season huh?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was high on Hillman coming out. I have really lost hope. He doesn't really seem to have a role with this team. With Juwan passing up Ball, Ball the #3, I just don't see us keeping 3 TB's now with a FB in the picture. It would be different if we weren't using a FB and saving on the roster space. I don't think Hillman has much trade value either.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was high on Hillman coming out. I have really lost hope. He doesn't really seem to have a role with this team. With Juwan passing up Ball, Ball the #3, I just don't see us keeping 3 TB's now with a FB in the picture. It would be different if we weren't using a FB and saving on the roster space. I don't think Hillman has much trade value either.
I think Hilman,even if he impresses in preseason will really have to outshine his competition this time. We're talking mostly about JT,Bibbs and

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hilman,even if he impresses in preseason will really have to outshine his competition this time. We're talking mostly about JT,Bibbs and
They cut off most of my post so just to sum it up, Fri performance from Hilman might just seal his fate. He needs to outshine the two backs that would likely get the 4th and last rb roster spot in Bibbs and Stewart. IMO of course:)