• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Nuggets - The NBA's Great Hope (for parity)

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've looked like the real deal through two preseason games. Hopefully it translates against regular season competition.

Except for Millsap, just about everyone on this team has been homegrown. And except for Millsap and Wilson Chandler, just about everyone on this team is extremely young.

But, they are in a tough conference obviously and are facing some actual expectations for the first time in years. Time will tell if they'll be good, but these guys will absolutely be fun to watch.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just drafted Gary on my Roto Pro team a few days ago. Dude is gonna be so efficient and he's gonna handle the ball even more since they don't have a reliable point guard.

On top of that he's their best perimeter defender by far.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've looked like the real deal through two preseason games. Hopefully it translates against regular season competition.

Except for Millsap, just about everyone on this team has been homegrown. And except for Millsap and Wilson Chandler, just about everyone on this team is extremely young.

But, they are in a tough conference obviously and are facing some actual expectations for the first time in years. Time will tell if they'll be good, but these guys will absolutely be fun to watch.

Warriors looked bad after their 1st game. They'll be lucky to make the 8th seed this year.

I'm just messing with you, but the Nuggets have been my sleeper team for like the last 3 years. I think this year is finally the year they can put it together. Jokic and Millsap are a dynamic front court. The year will really depend on the consistency of your wings though. If Harris and Murray can produce on a nightly basis, I don't see any reason they couldn't be a 6th seed, or even contend for the 5th spot depending on how Minnesota works out together.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real deal?

They have played 3 pre-season games. One vs. the Warriors who likely didn't play their starters all that much and 2 against the Lakers who were without Lopez and Bogut in the first game and were without Ball, Ingram, Lopez and Bogut in the 2nd game.

I'm not saying you need to pump the brakes, but you might want to at least tap them a couple of times.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure what your fixation with homegrown is; it's not like these guys all grew up in Colorado and are playing for their hometown team. Don't think that any of them would stay when another team offers more money or a better chance at the ring.

And when you say great hope for parity, what do you mean for the nuggets? A loss in the second round instead of just making the playoffs? They are not better than a handful of teams out west. They are not going to be a 6 or 7 seed that wins it all. They may be a good young team that plays hard, but at the end of the day there are still only, what, 4 or 5 teams that have a chance of a championship and the nuggets ain't one of them.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we see Denver back in the playoffs this year but I don't think they're going to be a title contender or get in the top 4 in the West.