• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver has only played 2/3 top ten defenses all year

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got no problem with fans being confident in their team. I actually know a lot of Bronco fans and they are good people. This was actually a hell of a rivalry in the 80's. Kind of a shame they have only played twice since the Hawks moved to the NFC.

I believe it's been three times. The Broncos enjoyed a 31-9 win in 2002, the Seahawks returned the favor with a 23-20 win in 2006, and the Broncos with a 31-14 win in 2010. They are slated to play a regular season game in Seattle in the 2014 season.

It is a good series and a Super Bowl between formal divisional rivals is as good as it gets!

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it's been three times. The Broncos enjoyed a 31-9 win in 2002, the Seahawks returned the favor with a 23-20 win in 2006, and the Broncos with a 31-14 win in 2010. They are slated to play a regular season game in Seattle in the 2014 season.

It is a good series and a Super Bowl between formal divisional rivals is as good as it gets!

I remember Cutler getting his first start against the Hawks. Then doing a bunch of stupid shit with the ball.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember Cutler getting his first start against the Hawks. Then doing a bunch of stupid shit with the ball.

Not a lot has changed for him, has it? I think the biggest mistake of Shanahan's coaching tenure with the Broncos was benching Plummer. The Broncos were 7-4 when they went with Cutler. I am inclined to believe Plummer could have gotten the Broncos a 3-2 finish where Cutler got them 2-3. Of course, it's pretty much impossible to intelligently argue a counter-factual, so...

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares about the rankings. Seattle clearly has the most stacked defense in the league. Everyone in the back 7 has at least solid coverage skills and Kam, ET, and Sherman are arguably the best at their position in the league.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the match up everyone wanted and both delivered over the course of the season to make that happen.

You have the leagues top offense this year, and probably one of the best of all time.

And the first defense since '85 (bears) to lead in points, yards, and takeaways.

Any attempt to sub divide those facts is just plain dumb. Neither of those teams had historically bad schedules and yet have done things either no other team has ever done, or hasn't done in decades. They are both better at what they do than any team in most of your lifetimes.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's not really much to discuss. Its dumb that either of these threads were brought up. Who cares who played who, you beat who you play and that's that. Denver played worse defenses because their offense was so great it skewed the stats making their opponents defensive stats worse. On the flip side Seattle played worse offenses because their defense was so great it skewed the stats making their opponents defensive stats worse.

:agree: A Bears fan made a thread showing essentially that Seattle hasn't played any good offenses and Bronco fans thought it was hilarious, so I made a counter thread and I guess it wasn't so funny anymore was it?

It doesn't matter who played who, these teams are playing each other and it should be a great game. I fully expect the Seahawks to win and I bet Broncos fans think their team will win, so good luck to both.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has yet to face a defense like Seattle's

And Seattle has yet to face an offense like Denver's

Now they get to face each other and show ON THE FIELD (not through over analysis of stats) who is better