• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Broncos Draft Analysis

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is obvious that the Broncos are a better team after the first 3 rounds then they were before the draft.

Round 1 - Noah Fant - The Broncos have been searching for a TE for a while, and health has been more a limiting factor of their success then anything. I could see Fant become our Travis Kelce and that would be a huge boost for the offense and open things up for the WRs.

Round 2A - Dalton Risner - I think he will be plugged into the RG spot and provide great flexibility in case of injury anywhere on the Oline. Right now the Oline would be LT - Bolles, LG - Leary, C - McGovern, RG - Risner, and RT - James.

Round 2B - Drew Lock - Really will not help this year, but is an hopefully the future at QB for the Broncos. He will hopefully be the backup QB and allow us to only carry 2 QBs.

Round 3 - Dre'Mont Jones - Should help with a pass rush from the center of the DLine and provide depth. This will help the overall pass rush if he can prove to be a threat.

We still have 3 more picks (two in the 5th and a 7th) to get some high upside players for depth and development.

So far I am happy with draft with my least favorite pick being Lock, and that is very encouraging.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That o-line looks promising. I won’t complain if they dedicate the remaining picks to selecting o-line depth. But that potential starting line up actually looks good.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We finished off the draft with 2 players:
Round 5 - Justin Hollins - I believe he will be given the opportunity to team with Holland to spell Miller and Chubb. Some upside, and should be able to contribute.

Round 6 - Juwaan Winfree - Worst pick of the draft for me. Seems like a reach.

Overall I believe we have drafted 4 players (Fant, Risner, Jones, and Hollins) that will contribute this year and help improve the team. Lock will send the year developing and learning.

Overall this was a very nice draft to follow up on the strong 2018 draft.

The only trade I really liked was with Pittsburgh. The rest of the trades were disappointing to me. We will see what the undrafted class looks like. Hopefully we find another gem that will make the 53 man roster.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall I am pretty happy.

I am going to take a moment to whine about Elway not seeming to value day 3 though. Seems like every year he is giving up multiple picks to go get a guy I think he can probably get if he stays where he is. Yeah I get it. If you love someone and don't want to miss out... But this wasn't a Kelvin Harmon like home run swing to me who has great production or DaMarkus Lodge. I feel like Elway really isn't a fan of the 3rd day or at least after round 4.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say - the Broncos will use the extra time - trying to tie up UDFA talent - while the rest of the league is snoozing - that's been the practice in the past. I wouldn't be surprised to see D. Peko back.

Excellent start to this draft - very skillfully executed.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall I am pretty happy.

I am going to take a moment to whine about Elway not seeming to value day 3 though. Seems like every year he is giving up multiple picks to go get a guy I think he can probably get if he stays where he is. Yeah I get it. If you love someone and don't want to miss out... But this wasn't a Kelvin Harmon like home run swing to me who has great production or DaMarkus Lodge. I feel like Elway really isn't a fan of the 3rd day or at least after round 4.
Only logical explanation I can come up with:
Happy hour has started and femurov won’t extend it for the crew.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only logical explanation I can come up with:
Happy hour has started and femurov won’t extend it for the crew.

Last years day 3 was fun, this years was boring.... But I can't complain with our overall draft.

Even if we took ZERO DB's. ;)

I guess it could make it more fun for me next year! ;)

I just want to get the QB position right and take off from there.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos really added some speed to the roster - I'd like to see Justin Holland and Noah Fant race. Even Lock runs a sub- 4.7 (a smidge faster than prime Elway). D. Jones may be the fastest interior lineman in the league.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos really added some speed to the roster - I'd like to see Justin Holland and Noah Fant race. Even Lock runs a sub- 4.7 (a smidge faster than prime Elway). D. Jones may be the fastest interior lineman in the league.

Who is Justin Holland?

Oh great this one is gonna be tough on you. Justin Hollins and Jeff Holland... This one is gonna get ugly for you! ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is Justin Holland?

Oh great this one is gonna be tough on you. Justin Hollins and Jeff Holland... This one is gonna get ugly for you! ;)

LOL - I'm trying to be good DC - cut me some slack - we on the same team. :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn't for me picking on you, you'd have no discipline around here. ;)

This is true, but I used incorrect grammar in my response above so you would feel comfortable. You should give me some credit for that, but you have successfully misspelled named shamed me.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 2A - Dalton Risner - I think he will be plugged into the RG spot and provide great flexibility in case of injury anywhere on the Oline. Right now the Oline would be LT - Bolles, LG - Leary, C - McGovern, RG - Risner, and RT - James.

I wonder if they will put Risner over at Center. He's got a ton of college experience, but I don't know if he's quick enough. I'm just thinking that McGovern only has a year left on his contract and he'd be easier to replace as a Guard. And even if they do sign McGovern to a new contract we are going to have to replace Leary before too long. The line is looking better but we need quality depth. I hope Munchak can help with that.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 5 - Justin Hollins - I believe he will be given the opportunity to team with Holland to spell Miller and Chubb. Some upside, and should be able to contribute.

Round 6 - Juwaan Winfree - Worst pick of the draft for me. Seems like a reach.

I'm interested in what Hollins can do at the ILB spot and I think Winfree will be an impact player if he stays healthy. The little video I've seen of Winfree reminds me of Sanders, but Winfree is bigger.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested in what Hollins can do at the ILB spot and I think Winfree will be an impact player if he stays healthy. The little video I've seen of Winfree reminds me of Sanders, but Winfree is bigger.

Hollins reminds me of Langley
An athlete without a true position.
Fangio said he’s not ready yet to play pro football. A true development player

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really looks like a good chance Bolles is our own player that makes the regular season roster this year from our draft two years ago. A draft that nationally especially by Mel Kiper was well liked.

Langley making the move to WR could at least be on the PS a year to develop at WR.

Butt depends on how he rebounds from injuries, but he is looking less and less likely to turn out for us :(

The rest are all still in the league other then Carlos Henderson (Chad Kelly signing with Colts)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the draft I always have to remind myself.. When players get drafted by the Broncos I will never seen them on my fantasy football roster unless I draft them 8 rounds too early with @Mingo @SpringStein and @LGM in the same league.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos announced 10 collage free agent signings to bring our rookie class to be:
Round 1 - Noah Fant - Iowa - TE
Round 2A - Dalton Risner - OL - Kansas State
Round 2B - Drew Lock - QB - Missouri
Round 3 - Dre'Mont Jones - DT - Ohio State
Round 5 - Justin Hollins - LB - Oregon
Round 6 - Juwaan Winfree - WR - Colorado

Collage Free Agents
Quinn Bailey - OL -Arizona State
Trinity Benson - WR - East Central
Joe Dineen - LB - Kansas
Austin Fort - TE Wyoming
Ahmad Gooden - DL - Samford
Romell Guerrier - WR - Florida Tech
Devontae Jackson - RB - West Georgia
Jaylen Johnson - DL - Washington
John Leglue - OL - Tulane
Brian Wallace - OL - Arkansas

Lots of 11 rookie offensive players and 5 rookie defensive players so far. More signings to come, just waiting for them to become official.