• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Denver Broncos at Cincinnati Bengals

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paradis is a unrestricted free agent after this year.

McGovern's shotgun snaps today were a bit more exciting then I like. The one thing that the offensive line seems to struggle with is inside pressure. McGovern can do things Paradis can't and Paradis does things McGovern can't. It will be a tough call especially with what some of the centers are making.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the injuries piling up the D needs to get some guys back, namely Brock and Marshall. We will see how bad Jewell and Wolfe's injuries are, but we will need them healthy for the Chargers game in week 17.

One thing that will help this team going forward is getting experience to some of the young guys that have not seen the field to this point. We will see if the Broncos can survive until some guys get healthy,

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think Jewell was bad. He was walking on the sidelines all game after he went out. Not on crutches at least. That is good. Joe Jones filled in nicely. I am starting to like him more and more. He is our best special teams player.

Wolfe not sure.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things I wanted to share from attending this game.

1. There were more Bronco fans then Bengals fans there.
2. Bengals fans were very very very negative about their team and ragging on Marvin Lewis which I expected when I got there.
3. A lot of empyt seats, almost sad...
4. I took a lot of razzin from Broncos fans for wearing my Bradley Roby jersey... Which I expected it... But A. I thought it was the last time I might get to wear it. and B. We're like 3-0 when I have worn it at games I attend in person.
5. It's funny when you sit around/talk to other fans what you hear... I always bite my lip. If it was in the forum I would correct yall but I have higher expectations here. ;) Here are a few of my favorite things I heard mostly from the guy to my left.

- Devontae Booker has been a big time letdown for being a first round pick. He has played more like a 4th round pick - (This was my favorite one)

- I wish they would throw a deep pass to Isaiah McKenzie -

- Did you see Justin Simmons and Will Parks fight over the ball on a fumble that was blown dead- (It was Chubb and Davis) Got them both wrong.

- DaeSean Hamilton got in trouble this offseason - (I assume he was getting him confused with Carlos Henderson) -

- One lady asked her boyfriend what the "10" mean on the 1st and 10 -

Just made me laugh and felt like sharing it.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for sharing DC.

When I was at the Monday Night game against KC there were 2 Cheifs fans that were a bit annoying. One lady would yell a player's name while cheering and it wasn't even close. One time she cheered for Hill and it was Hunt. The one would yell "Oh my god he caught it" after every completed pass. You would have thought completing passes was new for them.

As for the Bengals game I was disappointed at the lack of TEs in the passing game. They had really started to become a valuable weapon but disappeared. I hope they are utilized more down the stretch.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other funny story I wanted to share.

The night before the game I was downtown Cincinnati walking around with my friend and we decided to go to a burger joint right by the Cincinnati Reds stadium. We were eating there watching the end of the Georgia/Alabama game. Alabama had won and we decided to move along and find a place to watch Ohio State/Northwestern. I noticed a guy sort of looking off and on at me the minute he walked in... Didn't think much of it, some people just like to stare...

As I got up to leave he came towards me and said "Excuse me sir, you look familiar"

My first thought was he was going to ask me for some money or to use my phone (last time I was in Cincinnati I had someone ask me to use my phone because he had to let his gf know he was safe) so that just popped back into my head.

I said- I am not from here.

He said- Yeah, I know, you look familiar to me. What's your social media name?
Me- BlitzingDog3
Him- Yes, you're Scott!!!
Me- Laughing, who are you?
Him- DJ Hunter

Right then I recognized him. He was a football play for the Marshall (Former Tennessee commit) and he is from Ohio.

Small world. We had talked since his FR year in college, did a draft interview with him. He had played in the CFL the last two years.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other funny story I wanted to share.

The night before the game I was downtown Cincinnati walking around with my friend and we decided to go to a burger joint right by the Cincinnati Reds stadium. We were eating there watching the end of the Georgia/Alabama game. Alabama had won and we decided to move along and find a place to watch Ohio State/Northwestern. I noticed a guy sort of looking off and on at me the minute he walked in... Didn't think much of it, some people just like to stare...

As I got up to leave he came towards me and said "Excuse me sir, you look familiar"

My first thought was he was going to ask me for some money or to use my phone (last time I was in Cincinnati I had someone ask me to use my phone because he had to let his gf know he was safe) so that just popped back into my head.

I said- I am not from here.

He said- Yeah, I know, you look familiar to me. What's your social media name?
Me- BlitzingDog3
Him- Yes, you're Scott!!!
Me- Laughing, who are you?
Him- DJ Hunter

Right then I recognized him. He was a football play for the Marshall (Former Tennessee commit) and he is from Ohio.

Small world. We had talked since his FR year in college, did a draft interview with him. He had played in the CFL the last two years.

It is stuff like that - that makes me envy you - you whippersnapper. Thanks