• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Denver Bronco " combine" wish list

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just from what I saw and would not be disappointed if 1st few rds went this way....
1. Ryan Shazier- Lb-Ohio St.
2. Aron Donald- Dt- Pittsburgh
3. Phillip Gaines-Db- Rice, Wrs- Moncrief- Miss or Richardson- Colo
4. Jerrick McKinnon -Rb- Georgia So.
5. Kareem Martin -De- No. Carolina
6,7- Best Avail.
It would prob be miracle if it played this way but WTH right? I actually think Denver is going to be ok at S with Holmes and Q. Carter coming back and see a bigger need a corner with only having DRC and hopefully a 100% Harris back. If either were to go down to injury, I think Denver is in trouble there,thus the P. Gaines pk in 3rd. Also think McKinnon would be a great steal if he was available in 4th. My thinking Rb there is with Knowshon gone and Hilman not showing any promise, we need some help with Ball and inexpierienced C.J and if one goes down, that`s trouble.
Kareem Martin would be a miracle to make it to 5th but if he was there, you get a very athletic 6`6 300+ guy with good wingspan and great leader in locker room. No reason to go into Shazier or Donold as we all know the huge upside with those two. That was just my little "combine" fantasy take gents. I know not very good odds these guys make it to those rds but.....

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely like your list. Some of the picks are definitely unrealistic. I think the more realistic would be switching your first two picks as Donald after his combine is going top 20 easily. He just put on a show that in my opinion was more impressive than that of Clowney. Shazier is a guy I am getting more and more on board with. I think he is a bit undersized for the MLB position but he does bring some major athleticism to the linebacker group and is pretty good in coverage. He reminds me a lot of Trevathon actually when he played in college in they both are just always around the football making plays.

I also think you could switch your Martin and Gaines pick and that would be a bit more realistic. Moncrief just made himself a 2nd round pick possibly even early 2nd round pick with his combine. He has great film and just answered the biggest question about him with his speed.

Now I will say with how deep this draft is there really is no telling where players will fall so who knows your wishes could come true.

My dream draft would be...

1. Calvin Pryor or Dee Ford--Both bring some fire to our defense that we have been lacking. Ford brings a Von Miller type ability in the pass rush while Pryor gives us that enforcer among the safety position that we have been missing for a long time.

2. Moncrief or Boreland or Easley--Moncrief gives us that physical receiver that reminds me of Boldin. He is actually a pretty good route runner and has great hands to make the tough catches. Boreland gives us a force up the middle that just has a nose for making plays. Easley when healthy is just a beast on the field. He plays with a reckless style that just scares the heck out of an offense.

3. Kareem Martin or Keith McGill or Shane Skov--Martin is a guy that I think will make a very good DE in the NFL and will give you 5-10 years of nice production. He won't wow you but will be very solid especially for a 3rd round pick. McGill gives us that big corner opposite DRC so Harris can move back to slot corner. Very raw but has the speed and skills to be a good corner. Skov is another one of those MLB's that has a nose for the ball and was the leader of a very good Stanford defense.

4. Pierre Desir or Jackson Jeffcoat or Joe Bitonio--Desir is another one of those big fast corners that has really made a name for himself at the Senior Bowl and now at the combine. Jeffcoat is a very nice situational pass rusher that I think could grow into an every down starter. Bitonio is a guy that I think could start at LG for us day 1 and play better than Beadles this past season. He has a mean streak and the athleticism to do some damage for us.

Won't go any further for now but those are the guys I have my eyes on right now. Thanks for your list Randymon.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your list cd and it`s prob more feasible than mine.Donold will be long gone unless Denver loved him enough to trade up. Don`t see that scenario happening though. I think I would rather have Pryor than Ford just because Ford has more "suppossed" red flags where Pryor looks to ck all the boxes. Any of those guys at your #2 would fit nicely. Something about Boreland makes me think Gradishar or Urlacher. Nose for ball, nasty,durable and leader on D Denver really needs. Also liked what I saw in Easly but like you said,has had some durability issues. Just love what I`am seeing and reading on Kareem and also Skov intrigues me and I saw him play quite a bit living in CA. Guy is all over the place and has a motor that won`t quit. Don`t know much about McGill ( but will ck him out ). I liked what I saw in Desir. Seemed to be above avg in all the drills and big/ good cover guy, is an attractive DB in todays Nfl no doubt. Like McGill, not to famil with Jeffcoat. Bitonio I think is pos we def need to look at in early rds and If I remember right his named was mentioned more than once at Combine just don`t remember seeing him in drills. Nfl network had a lot of comercials and missed many guys or other times they were blabbing & advertizing on bottom of screen and you couldnt see who it was performing. Kinda was pissing me off a tad:) Thanks for replying cd and looking forward to hearing more from ya. Getting excited now for tha FA frenzy that is almost upon us too. Chow for Now bud!

Last edited by a moderator:

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys both had some good insights there. I didn't get to watch much of the combine, and I hadn't even heard of a couple guys that you mentioned. It'd be so sweet if Mosley or Pryor fell to us, but I don't see that happening, but maybe we can move up somehow. We'll see.

What would you guys think if Kelvin Benjamin were there at 31, or even Bradley Roby? I know alot of people are saying Roby is not your sexy pick at corner because he's not 6"2' 200 pounds, but that kid is a hitter, and he had a great combine running a sub 4.40 and overall good performance. He'd be hard to pass up if he somehow snuck to us at 31.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say that Pryor would be top on my list though. Be so sweet if we could somehow move up (within' reason) and get him.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pryor and Skov are two players I really like as well.

They would bring that nastiness to the defense that we need.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys both had some good insights there. I didn't get to watch much of the combine, and I hadn't even heard of a couple guys that you mentioned. It'd be so sweet if Mosley or Pryor fell to us, but I don't see that happening, but maybe we can move up somehow. We'll see.

What would you guys think if Kelvin Benjamin were there at 31, or even Bradley Roby? I know alot of people are saying Roby is not your sexy pick at corner because he's not 6"2' 200 pounds, but that kid is a hitter, and he had a great combine running a sub 4.40 and overall good performance. He'd be hard to pass up if he somehow snuck to us at 31.
From what I`ve heard and read Doc, according to various sources, K.B. didn`t do himself any favors at combine and may have pushed his stock value as far back as 4th rd grade now. Roby drew some praise after his combine effort, not red flags like K.B. Don`t think Mosley makes it past 20ish IMO but ifina...Wouldn`t be disappointed for sure!

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I didn't know Benjamin fell off like that.

I didn't even get to catch his combine workout, but living in FL, I've seen a ton of FSU games, and that kid was all over the place in alot of games. It's not like WR is the highest priority, but I thought if he was there, he'd be worth a look. Wonder what it'd take to move up 5-7 spots to have a shot at Pryor.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. I didn't know Benjamin fell off like that.

I didn't even get to catch his combine workout, but living in FL, I've seen a ton of FSU games, and that kid was all over the place in alot of games. It's not like WR is the highest priority, but I thought if he was there, he'd be worth a look. Wonder what it'd take to move up 5-7 spots to have a shot at Pryor.
From what I`ve been hearing so far head coaches/scouts/etc, this is deepest draft in 10 yrs and Db is no exception. I don`t see need to move up. On the contrary, moving down would be more benificial. But alot of teams are well aware of this and will be wanting to stock pile pks if possible in this draft. Unless a team really,really loves a player and he fits their need big time ( like a Qb), I don`t expect much movement in 1st rd,especially from Denver ( unless they are able to trade out). Of course if Denver is able to address some glaring needs in FA we could possibly see them trade up for a Pryor or??. I just don`t see much movement/trading in 1st rd this yr.Its just to deep to not stand pat. Imo of course Doc:)

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I`ve been hearing so far head coaches/scouts/etc, this is deepest draft in 10 yrs and Db is no exception. I don`t see need to move up. On the contrary, moving down would be more benificial. But alot of teams are well aware of this and will be wanting to stock pile pks if possible in this draft. Unless a team really,really loves a player and he fits their need big time ( like a Qb), I don`t expect much movement in 1st rd,especially from Denver ( unless they are able to trade out). Of course if Denver is able to address some glaring needs in FA we could possibly see them trade up for a Pryor or??. I just don`t see much movement/trading in 1st rd this yr.Its just to deep to not stand pat. Imo of course Doc:)

I don't think it matters how much talent is in the draft you will see teams move up and down. All it takes is for the right person to get a man-crush on a certain player.

As for the broncos, trading down is not that great of a move. We are already pretty much in the 2nd round when our first pick comes along and we will not get much to move down. Unless our scouts are very good I would not risk collecting a bunch of later round picks at the expense of early round prospects. The later you get in the draft the bigger the crap shoot so I would rather risk getting a bunch of Mike Mohamed's.

As for trading up, unless we get something nice for Chris Clark or another player I don't think we can afford to move up to get Pryor or Mosley.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelvin Benjamin will most likely still be a 2nd round pick. Teams will like his tape and will love his size so I don't see him falling clear to the 4th round. I will say some other receivers probably jumped in front of him now like Brandin Cook with his performance at the combine.

Bradley Roby is probably my least favorite high pick player in this draft MrDoc. The guy has elite athleticism and really isn't that far off from being that ideal height. He definitely does hit hard but the kid is about as undisciplined of a corner as I have seen for being so high on people's boards. He is living on his Sophomore tape and athleticism but this past year he got burned all over the place. Not sure what happened but this kid went from possible top 15 pick to some major red flags. If we go corner in the first I would rather go Verrett (I know he is small but technique wise there is nobody even close to how good this kid is) or Fuller (great size/speed combination just a few durability concerns).

Another name I would maybe add to that 1st round is Ryan Shazier of Ohio State. He might be a tad small to play the MLB position for us but his athleticism is off the charts and the guy is just always around the football. He is also probably the best coverage linebacker in this draft which we will need with Woodyard most likely leaving.

From what I understand rumors right now are the Broncos are interested in Mosley and Pryor. Since most people have them both going anywhere from 10-25 right now the Broncos would have to trade up. It would maybe cost us a 3rd round pick. Right now I would say that is worth it if the Broncos see a guy that they know will be a 10 year starter for us especially at a position that we just haven't had many quality starters at for a long time.

Also with how deep this draft is honestly I would be ok with thinking about offering next year's first round pick. I know I will be in the minority with that but I fully expect us to be in the running for the Super Bowl once again and having a very late 1st round pick. With how deep this draft is there are guys probably to the middle of the 2nd round that would otherwise be mid-1st round picks in most drafts. So essentially we are still getting a guy with a 1st round grade just in the 2nd round.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncosr0k;4583041[B said:
]I don't think it matters how much talent is in the draft[/B] you will see teams move up and down. All it takes is for the right person to get a man-crush on a certain player.

As for the broncos, trading down is not that great of a move. We are already pretty much in the 2nd round when our first pick comes along and we will not get much to move down. Unless our scouts are very good I would not risk collecting a bunch of later round picks at the expense of early round prospects. The later you get in the draft the bigger the crap shoot so I would rather risk getting a bunch of Mike Mohamed's.

As for trading up, unless we get something nice for Chris Clark or another player I don't think we can afford to move up to get Pryor or Mosley.
Don`t say that to teams like the Patriots and Seahawks.....
Like I said, we`re talking "deep" draft. Wouldn`t make much sense to move up unless its a Qb desperate team and they think he`s their franchise guy or a sure fire stud at a needed position. Last yr out of 32 teams there were only 5 moves. I see less this yr. But.. if the opportunity arises and a team wants back in the first rd and is willing to give Denver a 2nd and a 3-6th rd pk to do so ( of the 5 teams that traded last yr,they got better deals than that) in a deep draft like this,it would be very SMART to do so. I hope they do. The more pks in this draft the better imo. My guess is you might see two or three teams swap and maybe two jump back in, in 1st rd. As for rds 2-5, I think we will see alot of movement in those rds. Just my opinion Broncos are ok