• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Definitely think Niners should take on shot on Peyton after this

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Manning is a 1st ballot HOFer so if he's healthy and that's the biggest unknown right now you simply go out and get him.

Healthy he probably has 3 years left in the tank so you get him, get a WR or two via draft or FA, solidify the RG spot, and watch us be scary good next season.

Keep in mind this will by far be the best defense and running game that he's played with. With the Colts he had to carry the load and as we've seen time and time again you can only get so far in the playoffs being one dimensional.

And if for some reason it doesn't work out than we just go with CK sooner rather than later.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the first thing i think of when i envision peyton in the niners uniform is what happened to steve young when phillips whiffed on a block

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Manning is a 1st ballot HOFer so if he's healthy and that's the biggest unknown right now you simply go out and get him.

Healthy he probably has 3 years left in the tank so you get him, get a WR or two via draft or FA, solidify the RG spot, and watch us be scary good next season.

Keep in mind this will by far be the best defense and running game that he's played with. With the Colts he had to carry the load and as we've seen time and time again you can only get so far in the playoffs being one dimensional.

And if for some reason it doesn't work out than we just go with CK sooner rather than later.

Manning will be a 1st ballot HOF'er based on his past performance not his future performance. Thus, I have no idea why this even gets mentioned in the discussion about acquiring him.

I'm not suggesting Manning doesn't still have some magic left in his wand but to expect him to come to a new team with a new system after a serious injury and being out of football for a year and expect him to play like a future HOF'er seems kind of silly to me.

Peyton Manning is certainly worth serious consideration but he is not worth ignoring the reality of his current state and just recklessly signing him because he is Peyton Manning a future HOF'er.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning will be a 1st ballot HOF'er based on his past performance not his future performance. Thus, I have no idea why this even gets mentioned in the discussion about acquiring him.

I'm not suggesting Manning doesn't still have some magic left in his wand but to expect him to come to a new team with a new system after a serious injury and being out of football for a year and expect him to play like a future HOF'er seems kind of silly to me.

Peyton Manning is certainly worth serious consideration but he is not worth ignoring the reality of his current state and just recklessly signing him because he is Peyton Manning a future HOF'er.

You said wand.

More impotantly yeah what you said +1

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell fucking no to Peyton Manning. We have Alex Smith.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Oh crap: I just thought of something.

How big of a factor will Peyton take into consideration (if he's a FA) that his lil' brudder plays in the NFC? Is he the tough older bro' who doesn't care or is he the soft one who wouldn't want to keep Eli out of the SB?

lilbrudder.jpg