• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defensive grade against the Eagles

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think they played pretty well as a unit. Open field tackling by Biggers and Rambo was atrocious. Once the offense calmed down in the second half and the Eagles had their opening drive, our defense dominated the game.

I'm not sold on the Eagles offense either. Again, if our tackling wasn't incredibly poor, they wouldn't have been nearly as effective. When they do that stupid three man line, we should have jail break blitzed. It's a gimmick and won't last.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass rush shows some real potential. Rushing defense had some moments but overall McCoy ate them alive. Need to work on that. Biggest concern still appears to be the secondary. Perhaps the younger players will learn from their mistakes. Who knows? Very likely this will again be an area that needs to be addressed in the offseason.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its really hard to tell how the defense did. They were unprepared for the speed of the Eagles offense since no one had ever seen it before. Then they got a double whammy when our offense ran 5 total plays in the first quarter. The entire defense was gassed by half time/

The tackling across the board was terrible. However, there were a few bright spots. Kerrigan is a playmaker. Riley had a very good game but got pulled out of position on a few play fakes. Amerson played well overall. He is much more physical than anyone expected. The concerns are there also. Rambo really needs to be on the bench learning, he is not ready to play at this level yet, primarily his tackling skills. Fletcher missed a few tackles. Is this age or just a bad game? Orakpo didn't really have much impact, but Peters is a tough RT.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its really hard to tell how the defense did. They were unprepared for the speed of the Eagles offense since no one had ever seen it before. Then they got a double whammy when our offense ran 5 total plays in the first quarter. The entire defense was gassed by half time/

The tackling across the board was terrible. However, there were a few bright spots. Kerrigan is a playmaker. Riley had a very good game but got pulled out of position on a few play fakes. Amerson played well overall. He is much more physical than anyone expected. The concerns are there also. Rambo really needs to be on the bench learning, he is not ready to play at this level yet, primarily his tackling skills. Fletcher missed a few tackles. Is this age or just a bad game? Orakpo didn't really have much impact, but Peters is a tough RT.

Their front seven should be fine & they will get a few other guys back in this area in about a month. Secondary continues to be the concern & the area with the most questions.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree on everything except for Rambo was the victim of two TD passes. He was way out of position on the first one and a tad late on the 2nd one. What do you think Rodgers will do to him this weekend? Kid might be good eventually but he is not good now.

200+ yards rushing is way too much to give up.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with much of this; however, RAK did have an impact. He drew two holding penalties off the top of my head and came off blocks pretty well.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on everything except for Rambo was the victim of two TD passes. He was way out of position on the first one and a tad late on the 2nd one. What do you think Rodgers will do to him this weekend? Kid might be good eventually but he is not good now.

200+ yards rushing is way too much to give up.

I was very critical of the secondary. However - after discussing this with several people I think we need to give this some time. There are several rookies playing key roles in the secondary. It would be foolish to not think that they will have problems early on. The key will be whether they learn from their mistakes & reduce these mistakes as the season progresses. In the meantime the front seven needs to step up to cover for some of this.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was very critical of the secondary. However - after discussing this with several people I think we need to give this some time. There are several rookies playing key roles in the secondary. It would be foolish to not think that they will have problems early on. The key will be whether they learn from their mistakes & reduce these mistakes as the season progresses. In the meantime the front seven needs to step up to cover for some of this.

:agree: I will say however, that having a QB that is not really a running threat will make the entire Defese look better....The rush defense was terrible, not looking at the QB keep it and get big yards, or not flowing to ball ball becasue they were worried about the QB keeping it....Was just a bad night on the rushing defense side of things.....I will say though, that in passing situations, the Skins were able to apply good pressure consistantly....I believe their rookie tackles could be exposed in this game, and I hear their starting guard may be questionable.....I believe this is a game the front 7 can make their presence known, which will help out our secondary.......Gotta hope the rookies, are learning from their mistakes, and applying what they learned quickly!!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: I will say however, that having a QB that is not really a running threat will make the entire Defese look better....The rush defense was terrible, not looking at the QB keep it and get big yards, or not flowing to ball ball becasue they were worried about the QB keeping it....Was just a bad night on the rushing defense side of things.....I will say though, that in passing situations, the Skins were able to apply good pressure consistantly....I believe their rookie tackles could be exposed in this game, and I hear their starting guard may be questionable.....I believe this is a game the front 7 can make their presence known, which will help out our secondary.......Gotta hope the rookies, are learning from their mistakes, and applying what they learned quickly!!

Obviously Rodgers is a much better QB than Vick, but I hear what you are saying. Until proven otherwise the Packers are a passing team & a scary one. This will test the secondary quite a bit in a somewhat different manner. I expect them to have more than their fair share of problems. It remains to be seen whether this can be overcome via a decent pass rush (which is very tough against Rodgers) and/or an effective offense from the Redskins.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Rodgers is a much better QB than Vick, but I hear what you are saying. Until proven otherwise the Packers are a passing team & a scary one. This will test the secondary quite a bit in a somewhat different manner. I expect them to have more than their fair share of problems. It remains to be seen whether this can be overcome via a decent pass rush (which is very tough against Rodgers) and/or an effective offense from the Redskins.

Believe me...the thought of facing Rogers right now is not a good one...However, he was sacked alot last year.....and their O-line is worse then last year IMO..so I believe that bodes well for us...If we can get that pressure, and force him to get rid of it quicker then he likes.......I believe that helps our secondary.....