• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Defense is elite

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with krafty the pats drafts could have been much better. the amount of 2nd, 3rd. 4th round players that have been drafted and are not on the team anymore is just staggering. if we hit on those you could legitamitly be talking about 5 or 6 sb rings right now, fact is we been close but not up to par. ozzie newsome for baltimore would have gotten us to that level no doubt in my mind. his drafts are great the only thing is hes got a scrub for qb holding them back.

you arent gunna hit on every pick and shouldnt expect to but some of bb's drafts and picks are very fustrating. he rarely takes players that fall, trades back waaaay to much instead of trading up and getting studs. he hasnt done horrible though hes picked alot of good players but could it be better, absolutly.

BINGO! The draft haul could have and should have been better and hence the team should be better now. That was and remains my point.

briz almighty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its OFFICIAL the pats D is elite. i tol ya from before the season and i been proven right. bandwagon is now full thanks for coming on board. :)

Drawmeomg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're the 16th ranked defense coming into the game, gave up more yards than their season average during the game, and lost two of their best players. They weren't elite, they aren't elite and they won't be elite.

Very good, though.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're the 16th ranked defense coming into the game, gave up more yards than their season average during the game, and lost two of their best players. They weren't elite, they aren't elite and they won't be elite.

Very good, though.

I agree we don't have an elite defense, but a very good one. Losing Wilfork is going to hurt as the season goes on. I hope we lock up Talib long term because he can take away a WR (or a great TE like today) right out of the game. Dennard is a solid #2 CB on the outside and Arrington is a solid nickel/slot CB. Don't need to say much about the LB's as we all know there a good group. The D-Line will hurt without Wilfork, but Ninkovich and Jones are a nice DE combo and Kelly is decent inside. I'm happy with the play of Gregory and McCourty.

09boomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team showed me so much heart tonight I will have to say that we have an elite defense that is still young. If Talib doesn't win the best defensive player of the year award. Then he will get robbed. Missed the last drive of the game my friends wanted to leave and I lost the vote. But I'm so happy how they played today. Great job BB. Dennard stepped up big time for us.