• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

.... Defenders running with the ball

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends on time, location and how big of a lead. if you intercept on the other teams 5 with a 3 point lead with more than 2 min you should probably try to get a little breathing room for the O.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. If you are in that situation, you actually need to mentally remind yourself...bat it down...bat it down...bat it down.

But, it's like being in front of a hot chick with a huge rack. You keep telling yourself "don't stare at her tits. Don't stare at her tits." Then you realize, you are staring at her tits.

Instinct is tough to turn off.

so true (in both situations)

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just have to assess the situation pre-snap and decide before instinct kicks in

(not saying that's perfect, but as someone who played 3rd base, you have to know where you're going with the ball if it's hit hard or soft or whatever)

decide before the play

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
defenders don't get a chance to run with the ball or score very often, so they probably just overcome with excitement

I do remember playing against Nebraska in 2005 during their homecoming... we threw a pick in the redzone at the end of the game, and their player tried to return it and fumbled... we threw a touchdown like 2 plays later to win the game :laugh3: @ blackshirts
This was the first play I thought of. I wanna say it was Le Kevin Smith who made the pick.... he was a DL. LAY DOWN, FAT BOY!

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just have to assess the situation pre-snap and decide before instinct kicks in

(not saying that's perfect, but as someone who played 3rd base, you have to know where you're going with the ball if it's hit hard or soft or whatever)

decide before the play

I was going to mention the decisions you make in baseball before the pitch as well. It applies but more of a routine play while the football example is a little rarer. Football players dream of making that big interception to win the game and when the ball's right there you go for it even though it's not the best play. Sort of like baseball players dream of the wall off home run but a simple grounder to the right side would do the trick. You still see guys swinging for the fence instead of trying to make good contract (applies to 2 strike hitting in today's game as well).

Guys want to make a big play whether it's for selfish reasons to pad stats or just dream of being a hero and not thinking what isreallybest for the team.