• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deebo Position Eligibility 2022

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he has to gain RB eligibility next season.

He lines up in the backfield for like a third of the teams’ snaps. 6 carries so far tonight, 6.5 carries per game since week 10.

I realize the 9ers probably have to officially list him as an RB on the depth chart, but I really think this happens next season.

What do you all think?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he has to gain RB eligibility next season.

He lines up in the backfield for like a third of the teams’ snaps. 6 carries so far tonight, 6.5 carries per game since week 10.

I realize the 9ers probably have to officially list him as an RB on the depth chart, but I really think this happens next season.

What do you all think?
Absolutely. Hes a hybrid, should he classified as such.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was ever a candidate for duel position eligibility, he's the poster-child this season. .... not sure it happens next yr though since Shanny will likely draft another 4 RBs. ....

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the information on Fantrax pertaining to position eligibility is (obviously) geared towards baseball. But, from what you can find, it seems as though their stat provider, along with themselves, determine eligibility, and teams don't necessarily have to officially list someone. And you can petition them for eligibility changes as well.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasy-wise, he was the #3 scoring WR.
If he carried the RB label as well, he would have been the #3 scoring RB as well.

His 2021 value as 7th round pick is really the key here.
Chances are he is a 2022 2nd round pick as a WR. Maybe a 1st round pick if they change him to RB/WR.

The bigger concern imo is what will Shanny change in 2022? He rotates thru RB like underwear.
If history is any indication, chances are, some other 7th round pick not on anyone's radar will somehow gain some dominance in the SF system.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he carried the RB label as well, he would have been the #3 scoring RB as well.

Chances are he is a 2022 2nd round pick as a WR. Maybe a 1st round pick if they change him to RB/WR.

The bigger concern imo is what will Shanny change in 2022? He rotates thru RB like underwear.
If history is any indication, chances are, some other 7th round pick not on anyone's radar will somehow gain some dominance in the SF system.

Very true.

I am just hoping for 1 year so I can use him there at RB in D2 where I have not a lot of depth.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly of the belief that Shanny is a victim of circumstance when it comes to the RB rotation issues in SF. He bought Coleman, he bought McKinnon, both paid at the level to be lead backs of a committee at minimum. When they couldn't stay on the field, he consistently went to Mostert as long as he was upright. And this year, as long as Mitchell was healthy, which wasn't all that often, he was the guy. And Shanny always went back to him when he was available. He had no problems using one primary back in Washington and Houston, and his actions point towards him wanting to do that in SF, he's just never been able to. I don't think rotating RB's like he has was even in the vicinity of being the plan at any given point.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be great and give him so much more wealth

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly of the belief that Shanny is a victim of circumstance when it comes to the RB rotation issues in SF. He bought Coleman, he bought McKinnon, both paid at the level to be lead backs of a committee at minimum. When they couldn't stay on the field, he consistently went to Mostert as long as he was upright. And this year, as long as Mitchell was healthy, which wasn't all that often, he was the guy. And Shanny always went back to him when he was available. He had no problems using one primary back in Washington and Houston, and his actions point towards him wanting to do that in SF, he's just never been able to. I don't think rotating RB's like he has was even in the vicinity of being the plan at any given point.
Perhaps that is all true, maybe he gets a bad rap in fantasy (as well as hoodie). .... I've just never been able to figure either guy out. Take this yr, Shanny drafted Sermon in the 3rd and Mitchell in the 6th - based on draft capital alone, one would think that Sermon would be top dog - but no, didn't even give him much of a chance (perhaps he pissed in Shanny's cornflakes or something??).
I just tend to look elsewhere than those backfield when drafting - not that I completely ignore them, just never look that way for my RB1.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps that is all true, maybe he gets a bad rap in fantasy (as well as hoodie). .... I've just never been able to figure either guy out. Take this yr, Shanny drafted Sermon in the 3rd and Mitchell in the 6th - based on draft capital alone, one would think that Sermon would be top dog - but no, didn't even give him much of a chance (perhaps he pissed in Shanny's cornflakes or something??).
I just tend to look elsewhere than those backfield when drafting - not that I completely ignore them, just never look that way for my RB1.
well I certainly won't speak to the rhyme nor reason of his decisions, and I would imagine that drafting Sermon where they did, they intended for him to come in and win the job, but he obviously didn't. His draft status is likely the only reason he still has a roster spot given his "healthy scratch" status most of the year.
And yeah, he might've pissed in the cornflakes

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drafting Sermon where they did, they intended for him to come in and win the job, but he obviously didn't. His draft status is likely the only reason he still has a roster spot given his "healthy scratch" status most of the year.
IDK
Something peculiar about that. A team does their homework and due diligence, moves up to draft him, and he's a healthy scratch?
Either that is quite the draft blunder, or maybe there is an issue they are not being fully forthright in revealing? Could it have been covid related without him actually having covid?

Been thinking about tlance's question. Just not sure it matters to have the dual designation for Deebo.
His production was top 5 no matter the category. And most leagues have a flex spot anyway.

Now Taysom Hill as a QB/TE is significant. Plugging Hill in as a TE to put up QB fantasy points is a bigger disparity.

I dont see a huge advantage if they give Deebo the slash RB.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He made me some money this year.

Was in 3 restarts. Drafted Debo in all of em.

And I assume he’ll get drafted as a receiver again next season.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whoa whoa whoa, rotates underwear?

I always wear mine the same way, yellow in the front, brown in the back
giphy.gif

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK
Something peculiar about that. A team does their homework and due diligence, moves up to draft him, and he's a healthy scratch?
Either that is quite the draft blunder, or maybe there is an issue they are not being fully forthright in revealing? Could it have been covid related without him actually having covid?

Been thinking about tlance's question. Just not sure it matters to have the dual designation for Deebo.
His production was top 5 no matter the category. And most leagues have a flex spot anyway.

Now Taysom Hill as a QB/TE is significant. Plugging Hill in as a TE to put up QB fantasy points is a bigger disparity.

The value comes in being able to plug another good option in a RB any given week which is difficult, he's like a zero RB strategist's wet dream.

When it comes to draft busts...who knows?? He obviously fell out of favor in one way shape or form. He traded up to take that other RB a few years back if I recall, and he never saw the field either. Maybe he really pissed the wrong dude off, maybe he violated team rules, maybe his work ethic sucked, maybe he had a passport attitude, or maybe they just had yet another bad player eval. on him and he just didn't fit the system.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, from what the announcers were saying yesterday, they had Mitchell graded pretty highly and we’re shocked when he lasted to round 6 where they had to take him.

I get the feeling that Shannahan doesn’t care a lick about draft capital or salary. He is going to play the guys who earn the job on the practice field.

I don’t care how much film you watch, some aspects or a player’s character/talent just aren’t evident until you get them in house.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he just didn't fit the system
Thats the puzzling thing to me about Sermon. Shanny has shown that just about anyone can do well in his system. Even a WR-turned-RB like Deebo.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK

Oh, I think it is worth a lot.

As a Coradelle Patterson owner this year, it makes it way easier to optimize your lineups when you have a player that fits in RB and WR.

I would imagine Deebo gets drafted mid 2nd round as a WR only, but mid to late first as a WR/RB.

That may not seem like a huge difference, but at that point of a draft it is.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deebo getting RB eligible would be huge. We have a very strong D1 lineup but the added flexibility of Deebo at either RB or WR. Look out!!!
Lost our starting QB and RB for champ game or we would not be the bridesmaid this year...again. Deebo at RB would make us even stronger.