• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dear OKC fans

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marlins have a new stadium in the works. but look at a team like Tampa Bay. They need to move ASAP. Their crowd is just ridiculous.

I hadn't heard they finally approved the new Marlin stadium. That or I forgot about it. I still don't see anymore pro teams in OKC unless they build a stadium because right now the minor league stadium for baseball is just that, minor league. And the only real football stadium is in Norman, I don't care how much money T. Boone spends in Stillwater.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hadn't heard they finally approved the new Marlin stadium. That or I forgot about it. I still don't see anymore pro teams in OKC unless they build a stadium because right now the minor league stadium for baseball is just that, minor league. And the only real football stadium is in Norman, I don't care how much money T. Boone spends in Stillwater.

I am suprised there isn't more MLB teams in the South. places like Alabama, Arkansas, Lousiana, Mississippi, etc. They have great weather and would think you could find a market big enough to help that franchise grow.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am suprised there isn't more MLB teams in the South. places like Alabama, Arkansas, Lousiana, Mississippi, etc. They have great weather and would think you could find a market big enough to help that franchise grow.

The old teams of both leagues are remnants of the railroad era.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know how big of a role the railroads played back in the beggning years. but I am suprised with all the new expansions the South hasn't been a key market. Such as moving Tampa Bay to southern state, or other franchises is disseray. just seems like the perfect place for a MLB team.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't surprise me if Arod was still doing something illegal. I'm not sure of some of the young players. If you see someone past the age of 33 putting up career numbers then that's when you get suspicious.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know how big of a role the railroads played back in the beggning years. but I am suprised with all the new expansions the South hasn't been a key market. Such as moving Tampa Bay to southern state, or other franchises is disseray. just seems like the perfect place for a MLB team.

I think the heat and humidity have a lot to do with it. Houston plays indoors when it gets too bad, the Rangers play mostly night games. From experience I can tell you even the night games the Rangers play can be miserable just to sit through.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is the steroid era time span? like 1999-2006?

LOL. Jose Canseco was on them LONG before that. McGwire too obviously. Since they were teammates back in the '80's.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is the current 'era' of baseball titled as? Post-Steroid era?