• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Deandre Levy

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levy looked like he could become our full time MLB.

What do you guys think?

Not sure what Tullys injury is?

No problems here. Just hope Van Noy can help out at OLB in week 8 or 9.

Whitehead actually did well today. Did the lights come on or was Schwartz and Gunny that bad to use Ashlee?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they announce what Tulloch's injury is? I haven't heard anything. Levy played well as a MLB, before being moved outside. As good as he has been playing at the OLB spot -- I would hate to see him moved inside though, though the Lions may not have much choice.

I'm not even sure who our backup MLB is? Does anyone know?

no-clue-480.gif

and not sure I want to think about a Travis Lewis on the field.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Travis Lewis. I think.

Long term injury or not, Tulloch is probably past his prime. Not sure how long he is signed for but I can't imagine he sees another contract in Detroit. Levy might make a nice future MLB. He played it in college.

:clap::clap::clap:

The IQ I like:nod:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they announce what Tulloch's injury is? I haven't heard anything. Levy played well as a MLB, before being moved outside. As good as he has been playing at the OLB spot -- I would hate to see him moved inside though, though the Lions may not have much choice.

I'm not even sure who our backup MLB is? Does anyone know?

Tahir Whithead was listed as the back-up MLB heading into the season. I'd imagine if Tully is out for any amount of time we'll see Whitehead in the middle so Levy can stay where he's comfortable and playing lights-out football.

If Tully is out that will be a huge blow for us. Someone suggested that "injury or not, Tulloch is probably past his prime" which is just a flat-out ignorant statement in my opinion. The dude a 29 year old MLB. He is firmly in his prime for that position. He also has 20 tackles and 2 sacks through two and a half games this year. He's coming off of 5 straight seasons of 100+ tackles and is solid in coverage despite being short as fuck.

There seems to be some misunderstanding as to both how old and how good Tulloch is. He's not flashy and doesn't make a tone of splash plays, but he's durable, is a tackling machine, he's fine in coverage, and he can even get after the passer a bit. He's definitely a guy who doesn't get the credit he deserves. Imo, this talk of needing to groom a replacement MLB soon is just plain silly, and that's being nice. We could only hope to develop another MLB as durable and productive as Tully, and he's only 29 years old. This whole "running back 30 year old wall" thing has really messed up a lot of thought processes on what is and isn't "old" in the NFL...

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe this fool got injured on a celebration lol. I guess the bible is right every now and again. Pride goeth before the fall.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tahir Whithead was listed as the back-up MLB heading into the season. I'd imagine if Tully is out for any amount of time we'll see Whitehead in the middle so Levy can stay where he's comfortable and playing lights-out football.

If Tully is out that will be a huge blow for us. Someone suggested that "injury or not, Tulloch is probably past his prime" which is just a flat-out ignorant statement in my opinion. The dude a 29 year old MLB. He is firmly in his prime for that position. He also has 20 tackles and 2 sacks through two and a half games this year. He's coming off of 5 straight seasons of 100+ tackles and is solid in coverage despite being short as fuck.

There seems to be some misunderstanding as to both how old and how good Tulloch is. He's not flashy and doesn't make a tone of splash plays, but he's durable, is a tackling machine, he's fine in coverage, and he can even get after the passer a bit. He's definitely a guy who doesn't get the credit he deserves. Imo, this talk of needing to groom a replacement MLB soon is just plain silly, and that's being nice. We could only hope to develop another MLB as durable and productive as Tully, and he's only 29 years old. This whole "running back 30 year old wall" thing has really messed up a lot of thought processes on what is and isn't "old" in the NFL...

We will see how severe it is later today or tomorrow when the Lions announce it. He is getting MRI'd today. After the injury he rode a bike for a couple plays and came back in before leaving for the game. He wasn't limping on the sidelines, and after the game he said he felt good and that there wasn't any swelling. All good signs but doesn't mean much until the MRI.

After Levy and Suh, Tulloch is our best defensive player. He does his job very well. Unless this a career injury he will be our starting MLB as soon as he is healthy and for the next few years.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whithead will be a decent fill in and very well may be more athletic than Tulloch. In the NFL their is Patrick Willis and everyone else.

I think Levy is the best defensive player the Lions have right now and that includes Suh, he is underrated and makes things happen. No knock on Suh or Fairley but Levy just keeps getting better.

If/When Van Noy gets back the Lions will have some flexibility to move some people around but I would keep Levy right where he is dude is just killing it.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked like he might have sprained that muscle behind the knee or the ligamnet. If it was torn, he most likely would not have gotten up and walked around. Anything is still possible, but the fact he was walking on it without a limp is a good sign.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked like he might have sprained that muscle behind the knee or the ligamnet. If it was torn, he most likely would not have gotten up and walked around. Anything is still possible, but the fact he was walking on it without a limp is a good sign.

Negative ghost rider the ACL is torn

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next man up. I really think Levy is the man for the job. I think he can shine there. Put Palmer and Whitehead on the outsides. I bet they sign a new guy too, tho I don't know who's out there.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next man up. I really think Levy is the man for the job. I think he can shine there. Put Palmer and Whitehead on the outsides. I bet they sign a new guy too, tho I don't know who's out there.

Some notable names out there.

Erin Henderson
Pat Angerer
Nick Barnett
Jonathan Vilma

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They put OLB Julian Sanford on the 53 man roster last week or maybe prior to the Panther's game. I would think Travis Lewis would man the MLB spot if healthy. I'm not a fan of his play in the NFL to date but the last thing I would want to see is Palmer at MLB. JMO, Whitehead is much better suited for OLB/Rush LB than to man the middle for the rest of the season.

Mayhew will obviously be looking through the FA lists.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Negative ghost rider the ACL is torn

Saw that. That sucks. It didnt look that bad and he was grabbing higher up than you usually would for an ACL. Levy goes to the middle most likely as that is what they did yesterday. Travis Lewis might be moved there once healthy. He did OK in the preseason playing there but is not that strong against the run. We will have even bigger problems trying to cover the TE if Levy is in the middle as Whitehead would have to do it.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It does suck and I was right with a old-lion after he came back on the field I was for sure it was not a ACL don't see that happen too often