• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

DCFFL Mock Comment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In case that did not make sense. I guess my point was this year is very quarterback heavy early on. But if there wasn’t much at quarterback in the draft this year, Sewell looked so good at Oregon his first two years that he is the type of non QB, first overall pick you look at. I grade him higher then Jake Long or Eric Fisher coming out.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, Miami should've drafted Sewell over Chase although I suspect in real life they'll draft a WR. Miami traded a 1st to get that #6 pick so in a way that pick is 2 1sts. You trade up for a player you can't otherwise find and to me thats Sewell. You can find WRs other ways. Even ones as dominant in college as early as Chase was. I'm splitting hairs a bit, though, because I like both prospects.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rmilia has mentioned a couple of times who he would pick in this scenario. I am curious to see if he picks the same player.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This pick is a no brainer in real life to me. The Jets should be running to the podium.

In my opinion the Jets have the easiest pick of the draft at #2 and Jacksonville has the second easiest pick of the draft at #1.

Yeah, any mock draft really starts at pick 3 this year imo. I do think Darnold has a future in the NFL, though, but he is going to have to earn that big contract because there is a good chance that future is 'interesting backup'

I know I had Arizona a few years back and I didn't pull the trigger on Kyler Murray because I didn't think Rosen was given much of a chance. That mock is probably the worst one I've ever done for team.

It does feel like the first two picks have already been made this year in the real NFL Draft

If I waited a couple more hours, the pick would have been easier... I was actually hoping for the jets to give Darnold another chance... but now with no Darnold, they have to go QB...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, no. But a great trade by the Panthers. Stole him

I agree... the Jets really GAVE him away... it was another Jets type move... But if they draft the right QB with the number 2 pick and he pans out, then it was a great trade for both teams...

I was surprised though by how little they got... at that point keeping him wouldn't have hurt...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree... the Jets really GAVE him away... it was another Jets type move... But if they draft the right QB with the number 2 pick and he pans out, then it was a great trade for both teams...

I was surprised though by how little they got... at that point keeping him wouldn't have hurt...
I look at the lack of supporting cast he had with the Jets...the kid has talent and character
He has to be ecstatic. He certainly never had Christian McCaffery to turn around and hand it to....

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at the lack of supporting cast he had with the Jets...the kid has talent and character
He has to be ecstatic. He certainly never had Christian McCaffery to turn around and hand it to....

which is the problem they haven't fixed anything, they just changed QBs... so will they have the same problems...

Ill tell you know, my plan for this draft is to ONLY draft offense... even if they become only depth...

and I hope the jets follow my lead... the jets goal next year is not to be good, it is to groom your QB of the future... and only that....

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which is the problem they haven't fixed anything, they just changed QBs... so will they have the same problems...

Ill tell you know, my plan for this draft is to ONLY draft offense... even if they become only depth...

and I hope the jets follow my lead... the jets goal next year is not to be good, it is to groom your QB of the future... and only that....
I've always thought loading up on one side of the ball in the draft when that's what the talent dictates. Fill holes in FA, upgrade talent in the draft. It's why I took Pitts for the Bengals. They could use OL and defense everywhere but when you hit on a young QB(they did) give him elite playmakers. Will never forget jumping up and down as the Cowboys were on the clock, couldn't believe we were gonna have Randy Moss across from Michael Irvin!...oh well

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons time has expired. Since it is Round 1 and he was just added yesterday to the mock I was going to give him a little time. He hasn't responded to any texts (maybe he gave me the wrong #) I will give him a little extra here due to him just coming on board late last night though.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Falcons time has expired. Since it is Round 1 and he was just added yesterday to the mock I was going to give him a little time. He hasn't responded to any texts (maybe he gave me the wrong #) I will give him a little extra here due to him just coming on board late last night though.
Instead of skipping him why not just pick him a highly ranked need

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rmilia likes Micah Parsons more than I like Mexican Food. Not a huge need for Atlanta but its kinda who Im expecting him to pick

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rmilia likes Micah Parsons more than I like Mexican Food. Not a huge need for Atlanta but its kinda who Im expecting him to pick
I think we end up 3-4 in a real short manner but even in a 4-3 a LB corp of Jones, Parsons and Oluokun is a legit top 5 LB Corp and will help our DL out a lot

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we end up 3-4 in a real short manner but even in a 4-3 a LB corp of Jones, Parsons and Oluokun is a legit top 5 LB Corp and will help our DL out a lot
Parsons' background and high-end athleticism kinda makes him an intriguing 'multiple' position type of prospect that a defensive coordinator can have fun with.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parsons' background and high-end athleticism kinda makes him an intriguing 'multiple' position type of prospect that a defensive coordinator can have fun with.
I honestly think he's a bigger, faster and stronger version of Devin White

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get any texts btw. Maybe confirm the $.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little undecided what I wanted to do there. Few routes I could have gone. Denver basically has 3 CB's on one year deals next year. One player I passed on who I don't expect to be there in the real draft so it seemed boring. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.